"Change of Scenery"

ZeroPT*

After five years in the league, still being immature about **** like dress codes IS a character problem.

Not really. It's just being an immature jerk. He's not a bad human or an ass like most on HF are making him out to be. His actions were stupid, I'm not defending them. It's not a character problem. Character is when you're genuinely a bad person. I don't know if you follow Football but the Bills recently signed a player named Incognito. Go read up on him and come back. THAT is character issues.

Jyrgen

Oct 10, 2005
It's hilarious to me what people think constitutes "character issues" and "troubled" and "controversial" in an NHL player.

Kane took a picture with money and wore a track suit. Seriously. That makes him a "bad boy" in the NHL apparently. He wouldn't be in the top 50 "bad boys" or troublemakers in any other pro sports league. I mean, jeez, think about the behavior we accept as routine from NFL players.

Kane isn't a cancer. He was just an immature kid, which a lot of players are when they are 20-ish, and which players grow out of when they grow up a little more. He had the misfortune of going through his immature phase in the age of Twitter and social media, which previous generations of players never had to deal with. He also had the misfortune of being a black player in Winnipeg, which I'm sure didn't help him get the benefit of the doubt for his supposed transgressions.

Fot the record. I dont care about the track suit thing.

As mentioned, the issues with Kane goes back in time.. Which I think the track suit thing just proves. Everything about that was blown out of proportion.

It only becomes that Big of an issue if theres another bigger issue thats been built up. This was just the time for everyone to put an end to it.

Who knows .. Kane maybe did it on purpose to get it over and done with. If a thing like that ends up like that, obviously it was just the end of the road.

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
It's hilarious to me what people think constitutes "character issues" and "troubled" and "controversial" in an NHL player.

Kane took a picture with money and wore a track suit. Seriously. That makes him a "bad boy" in the NHL apparently. He wouldn't be in the top 50 "bad boys" or troublemakers in any other pro sports league. I mean, jeez, think about the behavior we accept as routine from NFL players.

Kane isn't a cancer. He was just an immature kid, which a lot of players are when they are 20-ish, and which players grow out of when they grow up a little more. He had the misfortune of going through his immature phase in the age of Twitter and social media, which previous generations of players never had to deal with. He also had the misfortune of being a black player in Winnipeg, which I'm sure didn't help him get the benefit of the doubt for his supposed transgressions.

Have fun with him. I'm just relieved he didn't get traded to vancouver so I don't have to serve that very "special" guy any more than I have to.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Marek Zidlicky for the Devils and we got him for nothing, 1 guy in that deal is still in the league

Could not be more happy with him after we were told that he was done by Wild fans

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
would anyone give a **** if we traded what we did for Benn? He was on record suggesting homosexual incest to the Sedins. And he's a captain.

Meanwhile Kane the cancer, ebola and black guy takes pictures with money and gets to team meetings in a track suit and he has massive character issues. He doesn't. He's just an immature kid. Disrespecting the dress code is ******. Like, you're a pro. Come on now. It's immaturity, not character problems, it was blown waaaaaaay out of proportion. Having said all that I honestly don't care. If he produces 50 points (his current pace) playing with a bum shoulder, messed up foot and hand, while playing with 3rd liners he can show up to team meetings in a onesie for all I care.

Theres a lot of rumors that people arent at liberty to discuss on this site but i imagine people feel pretty confident about them to let their opinion of kane be effected. It would seem quite a few people who've met him dont like his personality either and i imagine him taking pictures with money phones or the other crap hes allegedly pulled has only reinforced their opinion on him.

GAT0R

Jul 16, 2014
Now that Evander Kane has been traded to the Buffalo Sabres, the most common saying I've heard since the trade (and not just limited to Kane, it's also towards trades in general), is that "sometimes people with potential need a change of scenery to meet their potential."

Just wondering what were some recent or old examples of players where a change of scenery benefitted them. Wondering because it seems like the change of scenery stuff is BS, and that if a player is a bust, then he's just an irredeemable bust.

you literally just copied what was said on sportsnet radio today and trying to make it your own idea.

Shameful.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Cogliano seemed to really up his overall game,
or at least see results
Guy works hard

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
steve thomas after he came to anaheim from chicago in '03

guy went on an absolute tear to end the regular season, something like 10 goals and 13 points in 12 games. huge part of that playoff run

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013

My thoughts exactly

NHL fans are too easily scandalized, it's not even funny

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
As several others have already stated, Brassard.

Kevin Klein is another one with the Rangers. He's been phenomenal this season. Thanks, Nashville.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Now that Evander Kane has been traded to the Buffalo Sabres, the most common saying I've heard since the trade (and not just limited to Kane, it's also towards trades in general), is that "sometimes people with potential need a change of scenery to meet their potential."

Just wondering what were some recent or old examples of players where a change of scenery benefitted them. Wondering because it seems like the change of scenery stuff is BS, and that if a player is a bust, then he's just an irredeemable bust.

Around here, everything is "BS" according to the contrarians.

Look at it this way. Unsure if you work (that is not meant as a shot). You start your professional career (post college say) at a company. You are new to the environment, new to work, new to most everything. So, you are unrefined. Inconsistent in your job. You learn, but stumble and perhaps gain a undeserved reputation as not being up to the task. You stagnate. YOu are hard on yourself because of your stumbled and they compound.

So, you move on...to your next employer.

Now, you have experience, everything is not new, you have confidence, more maturity. And you are welcomed by your new employers, who want you to succeed.

You are happier. You produce. Because you always had the potential, you simply needed time, experience, refinement.

This applies in all types of work.

Including among some NHL players.

No BS. Life.

These are not statistics. Nor robots. They are human beings. As such, they can change. Worth remembering.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
steve thomas after he came to anaheim from chicago in '03

guy went on an absolute tear to end the regular season, something like 10 goals and 13 points in 12 games. huge part of that playoff run

Steve Thomas had almost 1000 points in the league, and that was his 19th season. Close the thread boys, because we're not going to get a worse example than this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad