Change in Habs leadership

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Would love for subban to get it lol but a lil too soon, he WILL be captain one day

Markov didn't want it last time, probably still doesn't because he doesn't like to talk to media too much

it will most probably be plekanec

If we give it to Pleks it will be a mistake imo.

The time for PK is NOW.

Analyzer*

Prust, Markov and Plekanec, or Pacioretty will get the last A.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
In an interview with The Gazette’s Stubbs, Gorges was asked who his pick would be to be the next Habs captain.

“Everyone watches how (Andrei Markov) trains, prepares and plays,†Gorges said. “That’s what you want from your leader.â€

Looks like Markov, which I am, okay with. Can't imagine Plekanec's being the looked-up-to guy in that dressing room.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
I think there'll be 3 A's and then the C will be chosen for the 2015-2016 season

IMHO this is a big mistake
This is what sent Cammalleri off the deep end
2010 we went 3As and then the following year we named Gionta, Mikey started pouting etc.
Get it over with name one from the get go and move on, give it to Marky to hold for Subban till Marky goes

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Would love for subban to get it lol but a lil too soon, he WILL be captain one day

Markov didn't want it last time, probably still doesn't because he doesn't like to talk to media too much

it will most probably be plekanec

I think if it were given to either of them, Plek and Markov would probably pass the C to each other like it's a hot potato. :laugh:

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
In an interview with The Gazette’s Stubbs, Gorges was asked who his pick would be to be the next Habs captain.

“Everyone watches how (Andrei Markov) trains, prepares and plays,†Gorges said. “That’s what you want from your leader.â€

Looks like Markov, which I am, okay with. Can't imagine Plekanec's being the looked-up-to guy in that dressing room.

The more important leadership comes on the ice.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

Markov could be captain for the next 3 years and after that Subban will be ready.

Analyzer*

Markov doesn't want it. I believe he was offered it, or chosen before Gionta got it, no ?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Gorges is not the first person I'd listen to for making that kind of call. But that's just me.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
PK Subban is the only choice that make sense for many reasons.

-He's our most talented player, the type you will never trade (Why Plekanec cant be)
-He's young(25) and (hopefully) about to sign a 8 years contract, the biggest in the history of the franchise
-He's the best PR choice on the team AINEC. Media, fans, ex-players....PK's got it. (Why Markov cant be..don't want it anyways.)
-He matured a lot in the last 2 years and he always praise the team 1st.
-He learned a lot playing with leaders like Gionta, Gorges and Gill.
-He's a winner
-He's hungry
-He wants it. (Why Pacioretty cant be..he said there's enough pressure to score and i agree with him)
-Players rally around him, they will want to join him and play here.

The media love to tell us some guys in the room whine and cry about him but maybe(hopefully) MB just cleaned the house for good.

I think(hope) we will have a nice surprise at the press conference when he signs his contract. He will get the jersey with the C.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Gorges is not the first person I'd listen to for making that kind of call. But that's just me.

Geez do you have to act like a baby against everything Gorges says? You don't like him we get it, you don't need to express your hateness everytime we talk about him. Talk about being obsessed with someone.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Therrien had some praise for DD, Max, Price, PK and Gallagher's leadership once the season was over. You also still have Markov, Prust, Moen and Budaj around. I'm not worried.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
PK Subban is the only choice that make sense for many reasons.

-He's our most talented player, the type you will never trade (Why Plekanec cant be)
-He's young(25) and (hopefully) about to sign a 8 years contract, the biggest in the history of the franchise
-He's the best PR choice on the team AINEC. Media, fans, ex-players....PK's got it. (Why Markov cant be..don't want it anyways.)
-He matured a lot in the last 2 years and he always praise the team 1st.
-He learned a lot playing with leaders like Gionta, Gorges and Gill.
-He's a winner
-He's hungry
-He wants it. (Why Pacioretty cant be..he said there's enough pressure to score and i agree with him)
-Players rally around him, they will want to join him and play here.

The media love to tell us some guys in the room whine and cry about him but maybe(hopefully) MB just cleaned the house for good.

I think(hope) we will have a nice surprise at the press conference when he signs his contract. He will get the jersey with the C.
PK's behavior on the ice prevents him to be a Captain.

But we could use the example of the Sabres who gave the C to Ott.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Geez do you have to act like a baby against everything Gorges says? You don't like him we get it, you don't need to express your hateness everytime we talk about him. Talk about being obsessed with someone.
I would certainly trust Gorges judgment for choosing a Captain.
He is a vet and knows this room pretty well.

Not only that, Markov could have beena captain in the past but he did not want it.

If Markov accepts to wear the C, he will have it.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

I think the dressing room aspect gets too hyped up. There are plenty of guys who have wore the C on their respective teams who are known to be quiet guys in the room. To me, being a captain is being like the ambassador of the team.

I have simple criteria for what it takes to be a good captain on your team.

1. You are a veteran who is respected by teammates, and to a lesser extent, the officials

2. You are level headed. You don't get too down with the lows.

3. You handle the media with grace, and do not open any door to media spinning. Ideally, you don't act frustrated at the daily grind and the stupid questions

Gionta met all 3 of these criteria, but I don't think there is one guy on the current habs that meets all three of these criteria.

Markov fails #3 IMO, pleky fails #2. Malholtra fails #1 simply because he hasn't had time with this group.

Subban is probably the closest to achieving all three of those points, though.

Habarazzi

Feb 19, 2008
I think the dressing room aspect gets too hyped up. There are plenty of guys who have wore the C on their respective teams who are known to be quiet guys in the room. To me, being a captain is being like the ambassador of the team.

I have simple criteria for what it takes to be a good captain on your team.

1. You are a veteran who is respected by teammates, and to a lesser extent, the officials

2. You are level headed. You don't get too down with the lows.

3. You handle the media with grace, and do not open any door to media spinning. Ideally, you don't act frustrated at the daily grind and the stupid questions

Gionta met all 3 of these criteria, but I don't think there is one guy on the current habs that meets all three of these criteria.

Markov fails #3 IMO, pleky fails #2. Malholtra fails #1 simply because he hasn't had time with this group.

Subban is probably the closest to achieving all three of those points, though.

I agree, PK is the most media savvy Hab we've had in a long time.

The only question I have with him is with criteria number 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad