Change in Habs leadership

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
With Gionta, Gorges and Brière gone, Habs management has decided to change the leadership in the team.
Also Bouillon, Murray and Parros were all older guys.
Only old players signed are Malhotra and Weaver.

Brière was the only one who did perform much in PO.

There will be much space for leaders to take some space.
Price, Markov, PK, Plek, Patches, Emelin, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, DD and Eller are all veterans.

PricePkPatch*

I am ready to put my hand in fire that PK will get an "A".

I'd also suspect that either Markov or Plekanec will get the "C"

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Never considered Gionta and Gorges leaders, glad they are gone. Let's have some players with the C and A that can get **** done on the ice.

HabsHockey*

With Gionta, Gorges and Brière gone, Habs management has decided to change the leadership in the team.
Also Bouillon, Murray and Parros were all older guys.
Only old players signed are Malhotra and Weaver.

Brière was the only one who did perform much in PO.

There will be much space for leaders to take some space.
Price, Markov, PK, Plek, Patches, Emelin, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, DD and Eller are all veterans.

Briere wasn't a leader.

You forgot about Markov being "old".

No idea what the last line means but some of those guys won't be around in the next 4 years.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Never considered Gionta and Gorges leaders, glad they are gone. Let's have some players with the C and A that can get **** done on the ice.

Amen, Brother. Gorges talked the talked all the time, loudly, but didn't walk the walk.

Lets get some leadership that play's with fire. That if nobody else wants to go put it all on the ice, then they will do it all themselves.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
If you think back to the end of the year presser Bergevin alluded to this.
Perhaps not to this extent but he did say that in essence youth would be served

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
i
Its already been leaked; Desharnais will be the Captain AND the two assistants at the same time.

39nHtAy.jpg

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Give the C to Subban.

If not, then go without the C for one season and groom PK for the next season.

But if we're going to give a mega deal... without trusting him to be the next C... then... we're not exactly being consistent.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
It's an interesting situation. I'm pretty used to management thinking that vanilla yes-men good-soldier types are good leaders, and there you have Gionta and Gorges gone in a fell swoop. I honestly thought MB and Therrien were on the same page with the past regimes in that respect. Well, to some extent they clearly were.

But then you get what you see here today, which ultimately, is the way they want it. Well, they got it.

It'll be interesting to see where things go next. There are more "safe" vanilla options in house, no clear winner, but Plekanec, Markov, I don't know even the newcomers like Weaver and Malhotra. Pacioretty filled in previously, but is a little less vanilla.

"C" seems a little early for Subban in my perception of the Habs' brass mindset, but of course Subban has to be the ultimate recipient, even if he starts with an "A" in a more normal course of events for now.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Gionta was a very good captain.

The problem is that Gionta was declining in health and therefore not a great player as he once was. His leadership will be missed but there are leaders on this team.

Pleks with the C.
Gallagher and Subban or Markov with the A.

Saintpatrick*

Wouldn't surprise me if we went without a C this year.

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
Markov or Plekanec will get the C imo...Markov prob deserves it more but the whole media aspect might lead me to believe Plekanec is better suited. The other will get an A for sure. The second A should go to Subban 100%...if Pacioretty gets it I will be shocked. It's one thing to have a weak performance in a playoff series, but to lack effort and generally coast during the entire playoff period is b*llsh*t and shouldn't be rewarded with a letter.

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
Markov didn't want the captaincy last time...Pleks is the pro for sure.. What he meant? we have eyes.. There are young guys maturing. the playoffs showed the true believers on the team. it's up to the team to have a Captain. it's a thing that players respect.. Fans have NO input on this.. let the team choose.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
People act as if they were in the dressing room. Gio gets knocked for not being a rah rah guy or something. Yet Koivu is hailed as the ultimate captain...and even he was criticized for the same crap.

Give it to Subban...if not..then go a year without a captian

Saintpatrick*

Gionta wasn't a good enough captain that you wait a year to name a captain.

Agreed but if they're grooming Subban, Gally or Chucky to be captain they might give them an A this year then appoint a captain the following year. The way Bergeivin was talking about the younger guys taking over the leadership reins I doubt it will be Markov or Pleks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad