Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Can we stop with the Shattenkirk/Bishop proposals? It's not going to happen

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Blues won't jettison Jake Allen, but they should. Bishop makes them a sound playoff contender. Jake Allen has never, in any level of his career, found success in the playoffs. He tends to fold under that manner of pressure which has left me scratching my head why they would sign him to a 4m/year contract instead of riding it out with him and Elliott first to see what they have in him. Blues do have other needs that should be addressed first (Top 4 Center and LHD).

My dark horse pick for where Bishop is going would be the Kings.
Budaj has been a very good goalie for the Kings ths year(better than Bishop). They'll use their assets to add some desperately needed scoring

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Please stop.

The Blues, if they're smart, will not go after Bishop - let alone in a deal that involves Shattenkirk.

Johnson, on the other hand, sure.

Well, the OP did say TB is looking for D and Shattenkirk is the highest profile Dman available rental. Bishop is a rental as well. Makes all the sense in the world to suggest it, though knowing Doug "Can't Make The Next Step Deal To Save His Life" Armstrong, this won't happen. And maybe it shouldn't.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
From the way Treliving has conducted his business thus far, I don't see that happening. If the price fits he'll make a deal, if not, he won't. That's been pretty clear so far in his tenure.

That's true. He's The Lord of the Trades. Still the uncertainty of his contract worries me a little ie. Anthopolous with the Blue Jays

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd take back Allen in a deal for Bishop. Expose him to Vegas so they don't take a forward and we can keep the top 6 together. Still need to shed Garrison and Filppula but not as hard with just 1 year left. St. Louis have any interest in Garrison with retention too?

Bishop (50% retained) + Garrison (1.6 retained) for Allen + Schmaltz/Walman + Yakupov (cap)?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
The thread title is misleading at best. Bishop is an asset and assets may be moving but that does not mean Bishop is moving. If the Lightning are still trying to make the playoffs(which by all accounts they are) Bishop is not moving. If he does it's because they're giving up. I wouldn't say "chances are high" either way.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Bishop to Calgary for their 1st.
That has Burke written all over it.

We're not rolling with another 3-headed goalie monster and we're not moving Elliott without giving him the full year to prove himself. Burke is also not our GM.

A trade with Calgary just isn't gonna happen

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I could see him being traded to a 'bad' team so they can give him a month+ of audition and try to negotiate an extension if they find he works well in their system. Like Martin Biron to the Flyers in 2007, or Craig Anderson to the Senators in 2011.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad