Chance at McDavid or Playoffs?

piikerr

Jul 4, 2014
Mississauga
It's much more than a chance at McDavid/Eichel. It's a chance at McDavid/Eichel, plus getting Nonis fired, plus getting Carlyle fired, plus getting Clarkson off the team. That's a whole lot of additions by subtractions in my opinion.

YES:handclap:

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I think people miss this.
It's essentially ridding ourselves from a lot of deadweight and a coming out with a cornerstone to build around.

Not just a missed playoff chance. We've missed the playoffs 8x in the last 9 seasons. What's another year when we can get something great out of it?

Exactly. Getting a player like McDavid or Eichel would mean the season have been a complete disaster, more then usual and heads would roll. And by getting McDavid or Eichel it would allow us to have the kind of talent that will rather quickly make the team a winner al on their own. Add in Rielly and Nylander and a few of the other kids and it would not take long until we would be one of the most exciting teams in the league.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
It's much more than a chance at McDavid/Eichel. It's a chance at McDavid/Eichel, plus getting Nonis fired, plus getting Carlyle fired, plus getting Clarkson off the team. That's a whole lot of additions by subtractions in my opinion.

Totally agree. So much more positives than making the playoffs, getting eliminated early and then continuing the mediocrity.

masarume

Aug 6, 2007
Why not? I do it every time we get eliminated from the playoffs, so like every year :nod:

I think it's just a differently mentality.
Some people can't take a step back to realize the benefits of losing.

The benefits of trying to win have not been rewarding to say the least.

Mar 26, 2010
How would I like to see it .. Stanley Cup Champs.

How WILL it end .. Missed playoffs easily. The team is garbage lead by Phaneuf. They will not have any success as long as Phaneuf is here.

hockeyfanz*

Playoffs... Once your in, anything can happen.

Really? Thats hogwash. When was the last time a team won the Stanley Cup that was an absolute shocker. Yes there are some good runs from unexpecting teams but those teams are one and done..that is their magical run was just that....and rarely takes the to the final. The next season they are back to being what they are...

Bad teams who sneaked in the playoffs and had a magical run.

YAAAAY..lets strive for that!

masarume

Aug 6, 2007
Really? Thats hogwash. When was the last time a team won the Stanley Cup that was an absolute shocker. Yes there are some good runs from unexpecting teams but those teams are one and done..that is their magical run was just that....and rarely takes the to the final. The next season they are back to being what they are...

Bad teams who sneaked in the playoffs and had a magical run.

YAAAAY..lets strive for that!

As much as I agree with you, the only team in the last 15 years I can remember were the Canes. Even then, they had an emerging stars in Staal and Ward.

hockeyfanz*

As much as I agree with you, the only team in the last 15 years I can remember were the Canes. Even then, they had an emerging stars in Staal and Ward.

Sorry..but thats a bad example..here are the standings of that season...

Eastern Conference[3]
R Div GP W L OTL GF GA Pts
1 Z- Ottawa Senators NE 82 52 21 9 314 211 113
2 Y- Carolina Hurricanes SE 82 52 22 8 294 260 112
3 Y - New Jersey Devils AT 82 46 27 8 242 229 101
4 X- Buffalo Sabres NE 82 52 24 6 242 239 110
5 X-Philadelphia Flyers AT 82 45 26 11 267 259 101
6 X– New York Rangers AT 82 44 26 12 257 215 100
7 X-Montreal Canadiens NE 82 42 31 9 243 247 93
8 X- Tampa Bay Lightning SE 82 43 33 6 252 260 92

Canes were not all that surprising. 2nd in the East by 1 lousy point. Not exactly a surprise team.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I'll be cheering, and hoping for a playoff spot. I want to watch playoff hockey more than anything else. However, given the issues with the team (Carlyle's inept coaching systems) i'm predicting we will have a bottom 10 finish, though i'd love to be proven wrong.

I won't be disappointed with a bottom five pick in next years draft, and once the leaf's are clearly out of the playoff race, I'll be hoping we end up with a better draft position.

The main problem with making predictions is that the East is so weird these days, it's hard to gage which teams will falter and which ones will rise.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00