Chance at McDavid or Playoffs?

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
would you rather get into the playoffs and get your ass kicked, or get someone better than tavaras

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
We have no chance at McDavid or Eichel. We might not make the playoffs either, but we won't be picking top 5

SourGrapes

You Kids Out There
Dec 30, 2013
Mimico
I'll never hope for the Leafs to lose, but finishing last, hell, finishing bottom five would ensure a future franchise player (even Konecny would be our superstar of the future). I'd love to get one of McDavid, Eichel, or Konecny.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Don't think so? I definitely think we have a chance at it b/c a lot of those bottom teams 'improved' on paper anyway.

Never know.

I think we improved a lot more than some. I would have liked some of the guys we kept to be shipped out, but it's hard to not like the guys we brought in also.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
I strongly doubt the Leafs are bad enough to finish low enough to get McDavid, although I'm not sure this team can make it as a #7 seed. I'm expecting a 8th-12th place finish in the East.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I dont see how we're a bottom team with the guys we jsut added.

We have alot more depth than last year and alot of our bottom six will be able to play a two way game(not orr-Smithson-Mclaren for one line anymore)

We improved the forward group from a defensive standpoint and rounded out the d-core(3 righties, 3 lefties)

This team is going to compete for a playoff spot in the very weak eastern conference, most of the teams in this conference are essentially at the same level.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Ughhh you guys actually think we'll be so bad we can get McDavid? We're either a 9th/10th place team or in the playoffs.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I strongly doubt the Leafs are bad enough to finish low enough to get McDavid, although I'm not sure this team can make it as a #7 seed. I'm expecting a 8th-12th place finish in the East.

We can't just look at this team's make-up though, gotta look at other teams.

are there 7 other teams that much better than us in the east?

is CBJ, DET, Philly anything special compared to our roster? I didnt see them add anyone significant and all three have the same or even more problems than us.

Only tampa improved clearly as they added to their defence, Pitty and MTL are nothing special defensively but they are slightly better off offensively.

I just dont see the competition in the east being that high, only BOS, NYR and maybe PIT are a clear step above us, and the latter two arent by much.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'll take another hard year if it meant we nab a McDavid at the end of it.

If it takes another cataclysmic meltdown for them to finally tear down some of the core, then so be it. The future of Kessel, Nylander, JVR, McDavid, (maybe Kadri), Rielly, Gardiner, Bernier is something that could work. But they need to move away from Phaneuf, Lupul, Franson, etc.

Oct 18, 2010
It feels like we've finished last for a couple of years now, why not do it for real and actually get something out of it this time?

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
We can't just look at this team's make-up though, gotta look at other teams.

are there 7 other teams that much better than us in the east?

is CBJ, DET, Philly anything special compared to our roster? I didnt see them add anyone significant and all three have the same or even more problems than us.

Only tampa improved clearly as they added to their defence, Pitty and MTL are nothing special defensively but they are slightly better off offensively.

I just dont see the competition in the east being that high, only BOS, NYR and maybe PIT are a clear step above us, and the latter two arent by much.

Lol. I don't know what to say if you truly believe that. How are the Eastern conference champions and a perennial contender not much of a step up from the Leafs who have made the playoffs once in the last decade.

Just.... :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1