Euro: Champions League Semifinals

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
“My nerves the other night at Anfield were difficult to control,” confessed Liverpool’s 2005 Champions League-winning skipper.

“I had to leave before the end once it was 4-0. I had my seven-year-old daughter with me and I used that as an excuse to go, saying she had school the next day.

“But really it was more about my nerves—God knows what the players were going through. I don’t think I’d have been able to cope with seeing either Coutinho, Suarez or Messi break my heart.

Gerrard reveals why he left 'best Anfield atmosphere' early

He would have cried like everyone else is what I got from this. I made it until YNWA started. I don't know how any supporter could have made it through that.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Trippier shares details of Kane's "mental" half-time talk that inspired Ajax win

“Harry is exceptional for club and country,” Trippier told Sky Sports. “I don’t know the timescale with his injury but obviously we’re all hoping he can be back because of his presence, even here at half-time, he’s coming in going mental at us because we can do better which we all knew. But this is what we need, the leadership that he has, the way he came in at half-time. He wasn’t happy and we all knew that. He just gives us that extra lift because his presence is massive for us.”

Reactions: Jack Straw

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Clearly not true - if you are not talking about pronunciation. Which would bring me back to my previous post.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Trippier shares details of Kane's "mental" half-time talk that inspired Ajax win

“Harry is exceptional for club and country,” Trippier told Sky Sports. “I don’t know the timescale with his injury but obviously we’re all hoping he can be back because of his presence, even here at half-time, he’s coming in going mental at us because we can do better which we all knew. But this is what we need, the leadership that he has, the way he came in at half-time. He wasn’t happy and we all knew that. He just gives us that extra lift because his presence is massive for us.”

Ah, but did he reach inside the soul of Lucas and direct him downfield to score the goals like an expensively-imported glove puppet?

That's what the very greatest do to win games when they're not on the playing field, apparently.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
What a breath of fresh air to have a European club champion that is not Barca, Real or some other 'superclub'. :clap:

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Semifinals results means that a former Celt will win the champions league this year with Wanyama on spurs and VVD in liverpool. Will be the first celt since Larsson to win ole big ears I believe.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Alpha Hendo really is back. :sarcasm:

E7E06DA0-A7F8-480A-9803-3ACD4459945B.jpeg

:sarcasm:

Reactions: YNWA14

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nice to know Lloris did the same at halftime of the CL semi than in the WC : a nice pep talk.
It's weird because in the WC he almost never talked in any of the games. Pogba did most of it. Umtiti a little too.
But in the WC final, he had a strong talk, unhappy with his team's play at halftime. You could see the fact he rarely talked had such an impact on his teammates.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
This may be my favorite fan shot video ever. No voices, just the natural sound of the stadium. Watching the Ajax players crumble to the ground as the Spurs bench rushes the pitch. Dier with a goofy jump and Poch in tears. Good times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad