Euro: Champions League Semifinals

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
I did and Onana has made a mistake in almost all big matches this season. He's terrible catching crosses and simply not great overall. He has his moments for sure, but too incosinstent. Any decent UCL club could do better than him.

I'm not even arguing anything you say, but it's a strange point in time to bring it up. Ajax didn't lose because of goaltending, right?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So we're going to be treated with "EPL uber alles" stuff even though EPL teams cleverly avoided a single CL final FIVE straight years the year before last? Even though they're EASILY the richest league in the world?
Germany had an all german CL final in 2013 and nobody (except some fools) called the Bundesliga the best league in the world.
Besides, having 4 candidates EVERY f***ing year is one heck of an advantage, an advantage UEFA wants to stress even more in every single change of format.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Weird how good Tottenham and Liverpool look without their best players

Disagree. Spurs didn´t play especially well. Lump it to Llorente.

I think Eriksen summarised it well in his interview.

Not that I think it was completely unfair overall. Spurs played better the last 65 mins at home. And certainly in the second half in this game. Quite random who goes through.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I'm not even arguing anything you say, but it's a strange point in time to bring it up. Ajax didn't lose because of goaltending, right?

Nope and I never said they did, just that they should get a better GK as Onana isn't reliable and has been pretty shaky.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Weird how good Tottenham and Liverpool look without their best players

If I'm given to understand correctly, this means that Kane and Salah are OVERRATED LOSER-FRAUDS, because great players don't just win, they dominate-win. Being injured is just an Omega-man excuse.

Meanwhile, it's worth remembering in advance that whichever team loses the final, their coach will also be an OVERRATED LOSER-FRAUD. Winning is all that counts, you see. Apart from when you don't win dominantly enough, obviously.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Nope and I never said they did, just that they should get a better GK as Onana isn't reliable and has been pretty shaky.

I just think there are several topics to touch upon after this loss and goaltending is pretty far down on the list. That's all.

Reactions: John Pedro

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
So we're going to be treated with "EPL uber alles" stuff even though EPL teams cleverly avoided a single CL final FIVE straight years the year before last? Even though they're EASILY the richest league in the world?
Germany had an all german CL final in 2013 and nobody (except some fools) called the Bundesliga the best league in the world.
Besides, having 4 candidates EVERY ****ing year is one heck of an advantage, an advantage UEFA wants to stress even more in every single change of format.

It is, but people are going to latch onto it anyway. Considering what the teams with fans have been through recently, I'm sure it feels kind of a ressurection. Let them have their fun, it's not like an English coach has done anything recently

Reactions: Evilo

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It is, but people are going to latch onto it anyway. Considering what the teams with fans have been through recently, I'm sure it feels kind of a ressurection. Let them have their fun, it's not like an English coach has done anything recently
Phil Neville has done well with the women’s national team...

Reactions: Stray Wasp

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Remember when Tadic curled it out for a goal kick in stoppage time?

Do you mean when he wanted to play corner keep-away for five minutes and put it out himself after two seconds

So many moments to this game

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Remember when Tadic curled it out for a goal kick in stoppage time?

not only that, his pass to Frenkie was pretty bad too he should've went to his left foot and finish it. He had a pretty bad 'clutch perfomance' in this match. Could've aced the game with better decision making.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad