Euro: Champions League Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yea that didn't look good at the end, he was basically carried off from the sideline and it looked like he wasn't even moving his legs just acting like dead weight.
Yeah looked like he threw up as well. Just a really bad situation. Hope he recovers quickly...putting him back on the field is pretty messed up.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah. That is ridiculous. The same team that allowed Lloris to play some years ago.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Seriously. How do you let him back on ?

Head injuries are really something that the sport needs to address. If you have an audible account one of the originals for this month is A Beautiful Brain which looks at CTE and focuses significantly on the story of West Brom legend Jeff Astle. It's really well done.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Spurs are looking dangerous on basically every FK inside of Ajax's half. Almost all of them have resulted in completely free headers.
Yep...Lucas' speed is giving them a bit of trouble also.

Ajax should come out hard in the 2nd and really push for that 2nd goal.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
At least Sissoko isn’t tentative about everything. Changed things up a bit.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
The bench right now is Dier, Walker-Peters, Foyth, Gazzaniga, Davies, and Skipp.

Aren't a couple of them fighting/coming back from injuries as well?

Not sure. Poch doesn't have a single attacker on the bench... lol. Rough.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Mistake number two from Sanchez.

Strangely enough Spurs have created more than Ajax. Even if they have been dominated for most of the game.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Eh, this is easier said than done. If the player is saying he's completely fine in terms of concussion symptoms, it might not be evident. Sometimes the symptoms take a while to manifest. Either way, hope Jan is fine. Tottenham is gonna have a hard time maintaining their place in the league with how they're dropping

That's hardly true. I am currently recovering from my third concussion. All the symptoms happened right away.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
That's hardly true. I am currently recovering from my third concussion. All the symptoms happened right away.
It's well documented that many times the symptoms take some time before arriving.

Next goal will completely change the tie.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Symptoms sometimes do take time to appear, but in this case he clearly to a heavy blow to the head and was visibly dazed on the field.

There's a reason the NHL has the quiet room and the NFL has the concussion tent, it's to give those symptoms time to appear.

I'm not really sure what the solution is since you can't just change the player out for a couple minutes/plays to do a longer review, but something does need to be done because there's currently too much pressure for players to hide small symptoms and stay on the pitch.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
It's most likely people don't even realize they have a concussion. When I had my first one I didn't realize I had one until someone pointed it out the next day telling me to go to the hospital. I had a headache immediately but didn't think much of it, took an advil and tried to sleep it off. All 3 concussions had massive headaches.

No matter what, a professional team should never take chances with their players. I know all too well the problems concussions can cause. This third one I am recovering from is taking forever to heal. It'.s horrible and my memory is f***ed.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Symptoms sometimes do take time to appear, but in this case he clearly to a heavy blow to the head and was visibly dazed on the field.

There's a reason the NHL has the quiet room and the NFL has the concussion tent, it's to give those symptoms time to appear.

I'm not really sure what the solution is since you can't just change the player out for a couple minutes/plays to do a longer review, but something does need to be done because there's currently too much pressure for players to hide small symptoms and stay on the pitch.

It should be a mandatory subbing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad