GWT: Champions League - Round of 16

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Obviously? Do you know how fast a ball travels on a football pitch in one second?
I counted two full seconds BTW. Not that you and I care really.
The linesman is beginning to raise his flag in literally the same second on the clock that the keeper is calling for offside which was 1 second after the goal went in the net.

The ball goes in the net at 1:36. The keeper puts his hands up at 1:37. The linesman starts raising his flag before it ticks to 1:38.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The linesman is beginning to raise his flag in literally the same second on the clock that the keeper is calling for offside which was 1 second after the goal went in the net.

The ball goes in the net at 1:36. The keeper puts his hands up at 1:37. The linesman starts raising his flag before it ticks to 1:38.
Not sure why you're so hung up on this, but my point still stands. The linesman called offside after Real players (here the goalie) asked for it. It's a fact.

The most confusion around a blatant offside since Ten Hag couldn't figure out the rule against Arsenal.
There's a lot of blatant here indeed.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Fun to see the official Leipzig X account being dead wrong too.

Same guys that were defending the Donnarumma "no foul" call a few years ago.
Hypocrites gonna hypocrite... Same old crap.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

I find it suspicious that the linesman didn't have his flag up at 1:35 personally.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
lol. The universal "why are you so hung up on this" after being definitively proven wrong. Classic technique.
Sorry, are you kidding YOU JUST ADMITTED I WAS RIGHT.
As in FACT.

Lol some people really deserve each other.
Have fun boys ! Double, triple standards for the win !
As long as it fits !

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Sorry, are you kidding YOU JUST ADMITTED I WAS RIGHT.
As in FACT.
You stated the linesman raised his flag after the keeper and other players asked for offside.
I said that the flag went up live quickly as an argument against it being raised in response to the players.
You then stated that it went up "WAY after" and "well after"
I showed it was being raised within, at most, a second of the real players putting their hands up and within, at most, 2 seconds of the goal being scored.

If you'd like to feel you're taking a W on that, be my guest.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh and damn refs being idiots compared to HFboards pundits :

You stated the linesman raised his flag after the keeper and other players asked for offside.
I said that the flag went up live quickly as an argument against it being raised in response to the players.
You then stated that it went up "WAY after" and "well after"
I showed it was being raised within, at most, a second of the real players putting their hands up and within, at most, 2 seconds of the goal being scored.

If you'd like to feel you're taking a W on that, be my guest.
I said he lifted his flag after the keeper. By your own admission he did.
End result? You say I'm proven wrong. :huh:

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Oh and damn refs being idiots compared to HFboards pundits :
this ref is saying he doesn't think it's interference (which is subjective and a reasonable take)

your take has moved about 18 different directions but is basically summed up in "it was ruled out for a foul" (it wasn't) and "the ref flagged in response to Lunin waving" (he didn't)

Reactions: bluesfan94

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
this ref is saying he doesn't think it's interference (which is subjective and a reasonable take)
Yea I'd probably land on the side of it not being called interfering in play myself, but it's not a clear and obvious error to say that bumping into the back of the keeper counts as being active in play.

The ref was trash today, it makes way more sense to talk about him being trash for the really bad calls he made (the Carvajal foul in the first half, multiple missed yellows for stopping counters, etc.) than to complain about the 50/50 ish (or 60/50 or 75/25 or whatever) call that his assistant may have gotten wrong.

Reactions: Tony Romo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hfboards pundits :
No foul, Donna had to throw the ball earlier !

Also HFboards pundits :
Heinrichs "bumps" in the goalie and as such interfers with the play, preventing Lunin from making a good play at the ball. 50/50 ! No goal !

Yup, yup, yup.

The last two Tweets you posted are from... Barca accounts :laugh:
Not sure how relevant it is but OK.
Lahoz, the known Real darling ref is also a Barca fan I'm guessing?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Anyway, on the FOOTBALL front, Diaz scored a very nice goal and Lunin was great in nets. I thought Tchouameni did a real good job at CB too.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Hfboards pundits :
https://x.com/LxoMessismoFCB/status/1757500976796205412?s=20 No foul, Donna had to throw the ball earlier !
Donnarumma had the ball at his feet and therefore couldn't throw it. Ignoring that FACT (am I doing it right?), looking back at the GDT, you described it as a "Donna mistake" rather than a foul. In that same thread, there was no discussion of it being a foul other than from @Peen who said it was probably a foul after seeing the replay but thought it was a 50/50 call.

Stop pulling shit out of your ass. It isn't impressive or convincing.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I don't really care for either way and complaining about refs has been pretty much futile for ever, but based on this clip, I can see why this was unacceptable.

I still don't like VAR and how it is implemented. Checking for red cards is fine, but everything else is excessive, especially using for judging offsides, IMO. Goalline technology is sufficient..

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don't really care for either way and complaining about refs has been pretty much futile for ever, but based on this clip, I can see why this was unacceptable.

I still don't like VAR and how it is implemented. Checking for red cards is fine, but everything else is excessive, especially using for judging offsides, IMO. Goalline technology is sufficient..

Yeah, I didn't think it was controversial that pushing a goalie in the back while being in an offside position is considered interfering with the play. Would Lunin have recovered to a position where he could have made the save, who knows, but he was clearly interfered with by an offside player.

Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Surprising that Beraldo starts for PSG at LB, his CL debut. Captain Oyarzabal missing for Sociedad could be a big loss for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad