Mojo Dojo Casa House
Blowing Jussi's mind right now.
3171153.gif

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
4th best Spiderman ever tbh

DAZN/TSN plus has some of the main viewing options in Canada for games is R-o-u-g-h
TSN isn't great but DAZN is worse

I susbscribed to TSN for Euro 2020 and part of the Qatar WC and it wasn't near as bad as DAZN tbh

The DAZN app keep crashing on my iPad (updated app) and when I try to stream it on Safari oir my laptop it tells me to re-register the iPad in the settings 1st

And then the ads

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Or you are. Shit happens.
Things that are objectively true:

1.) The official raised his flag live
2.) The communication to the broadcast crews was that the check was complete. Not that VAR called a foul.
3.) After the referee heard from VAR he raised his hand to confirm his offside call.
4.) The protocol for calling a foul via VAR in the leadup to a goal is to send the referee to the monitor. This obviously did not occur.

I suppose it's possible that the entire refereeing crew got together and decided to underhandedly conspire to disallow a third minute goal via messing around with the VAR protocol. Seems a lot more likely that the player was called offside live and VAR (correctly) didn't overturn it since he was active in play.

But hey, feel free to go on about some conspiracy.

If you'd like a french pundit who agree with me you could look up Theiry Henry on the paramount halftime show who clearly showed the offside.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Just to be clear, I don't think the referee has been good. He's been total trash today. Missed handing out at least 3 yellows for stopping counters and missed Carvahal foul in the first half which would have put him on a yellow going into the second half.

But the disallowed goal is absolutely no controversy.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Things that are objectively true:

1.) The official raised his flag live
2.) The communication to the broadcast crews was that the check was complete. Not that VAR called a foul.
3.) After the referee heard from VAR he raised his hand to confirm his offside call.
4.) The protocol for calling a foul via VAR in the leadup to a goal is to send the referee to the monitor. This obviously did not occur.

I suppose it's possible that the entire refereeing crew got together and decided to underhandedly conspire to disallow a third minute goal via messing around with the VAR protocol. Seems a lot more likely that the player was called offside live and VAR (correctly) didn't overturn it since he was active in play.

But hey, feel free to go on about some conspiracy.

If you'd like a french pundit who agree with me you could look up Theiry Henry on the paramount halftime show who clearly showed the offside.
Lol,
things that are objectively true :
1/ No player was offside (that touched the ball I mean)
2/ the goalie was touched by the player there, not bumped and did not hinder in his path at any point, nor prevented a save
3/ goalie and Real asked for an offside that OF COURSE they got the call they wanted.
4/ VAR called and surprisingly enough, didn't see anything wrong with the offside call
5/ Per the commentators as well as the pundits here, ref DIDN'T call offside but rather a FOUL (they thought he has called an offside previously).

It's quite possible you need to blast the ball from 25 meters to score a good goal against Real.
It's also quite possible you need to break a leg to get yellow carded as a Real player since Carvajal was allowed to get away with anything he wanted.

But I guess it's easier to say "bah conspirationnists!!!".

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
4th best Spiderman ever tbh

TSN isn't great but DAZN is worse

I susbscribed to TSN for Euro 2020 and part of the Qatar WC and it wasn't near as bad as DAZN tbh

The DAZN app keep crashing on my iPad (updated app) and when I try to stream it on Safari oir my laptop it tells me to re-register the iPad in the settings 1st

And then the ads
MY issue with TSN isn't the way the app is or anything. It's more so their broadcasting decisions.

They had the Atleti - Real Madrid game on TSN plus instead of the main network channels.

You're gonna have broadcasting rights for a league and not air one of the most important rivalries everywhere?

It was also with nothing on the main channels as well

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
MY issue with TSN isn't the way the app is or anything. It's more so their broadcasting decisions.

They had the Atleti - Real Madrid game on TSN plus instead of the main network channels.

You're gonna have broadcasting rights for a league and not air one of the most important rivalries everywhere?

It was also with nothing on the main channels as well
Is TSN Plus included in the base subscription?

Man City seems to be rounding into form at the appropriate time
Flipping the switch as usual

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Lol,
things that are objectively true :
1/ No player was offside (that touched the ball I mean)
2/ the goalie was touched by the player there, not bumped and did not hinder in his path at any point, nor prevented a save
3/ goalie and Real asked for an offside that OF COURSE they got the call they wanted.
4/ VAR called and surprisingly enough, didn't see anything wrong with the offside call
5/ Per the commentators as well as the pundits here, ref DIDN'T call offside but rather a FOUL (they thought he has called an offside previously).

It's quite possible you need to blast the ball from 25 meters to score a good goal against Real.
It's also quite possible you need to break a leg to get yellow carded as a Real player since Carvajal was allowed to get away with anything he wanted.

But I guess it's easier to say "bah conspirationnists!!!".
1.) A player does not need to touch the ball to commit an offside offense
2.) Touching the goalie and affecting him, even if slightly, certainly sounds like being active to me. At the very least it's not a "clear and obvious error" to call it as such.
3.) The flag went up quickly live.
4.) Yes, they didn't see an issue with the call because the player pushing the goalie is in an offside position.
5.) I've watched it multiple times. The flag goes up live. There's a VAR check and after the VAR check the referee again blows his whistle and then raises his arm up in the air. So I suppose he was trying to call a foul using the completely wrong hand motion just to throw people off but he sent a secret bat signal to French pundits so they knew what was really going on.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
1.) A player does not need to touch the ball to commit an offside offense
2.) Touching the goalie and affecting him, even if slightly, certainly sounds like being active to me. At the very least it's not a "clear and obvious error" to call it as such.
3.) The flag went up quickly live.
4.) Yes, they didn't see an issue with the call because the player pushing the goalie is in an offside position.
5.) I've watched it multiple times. The flag goes up live. There's a VAR check and after the VAR check the referee again blows his whistle and then raises his arm up in the air. So I suppose he was trying to call a foul using the completely wrong hand motion just to throw people off but he sent a secret bat signal to French pundits so they knew what was really going on.
1/ when he interferes, prevents a save, etc... Not the case here
2/ It didn't affect his ability to make the save (he couldn't).
3/ it did, but WAY after Lunin was asking for offside. I believe he (Lunin) thought the player heading the ball was offside. Ref probably also. Which isn't a problem in itself.
4/ didn't push him, barely touched him, didn't change anything on the play
5/

And it's not like it's a new thing for Real. Let's remember Benzema managed to completely foul Donnarumma (just an example), never touching the ball and no call !
Tell me, which one was called? Benzema hacking Donna or Heinrichs barely touching Lunin?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The linesman was raising his flag live literally before the announcer completed the word "headed" in "headed in"

There's absolutely zero delay between the ball going in and the official stepping back to the position of the offside and raising his flag. The ball hadn't even rolled out of the net yet.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
also, idk about french pundits (and i did not watch the game because of the DAZN issues discussed by others), but literally every single report of this game i am seeing says it was ruled for offside - which it very obviously was from even the most cursory viewing - and there have been goals ruled out for interference for far far far less.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The linesman was raising his flag live literally before the announcer completed the word "headed" in "headed in"

There's absolutely zero delay between the ball going in and the official stepping back to the position of the offside and raising his flag. The ball hadn't even rolled out of the net yet.
I suggest you watch the video again.
The ref waived his flag well after Lunin waved his hand.

also, idk about french pundits (and i did not watch the game because of the DAZN issues discussed by others), but literally every single report of this game i am seeing says it was ruled for offside - which it very obviously was from even the most cursory viewing - and there have been goals ruled out for interference for far far far less.
As I've said, it was originally ruled offside.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

As I've said, it was originally ruled offside.
yeah and then you went off on miscellaneous gobbledegook bullcrap about how it was a foul because french pundits said so, when every element of the process was the standard "we are verifying that the flag was correct" process. it was ruled offside.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I did watch the video again, multiple times. The linesman is moving to get in position and raise his flag absolutely as soon as the goal goes in. There's no delay whatsoever.

Just because the keeper is turning to yell about offside before the ball even goes in does not mean the linesman delayed putting his flag up.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
yeah and then you went off on miscellaneous gobbledegook bullcrap about how it was a foul because french pundits said so, when every element of the process was the standard "we are verifying that the flag was correct" process. it was ruled offside.
You can call bullcrap all you want. I provided the video. And the flag wasn't correct BTW.

I did watch the video again, multiple times. The linesman is moving to get in position and raise his flag absolutely as soon as the goal goes in. There's no delay whatsoever.

Just because the keeper is turning to yell about offside before the ball even goes in does not mean the linesman delayed putting his flag up.
Which was after Lunin waived. Third time already. I never said he delayed. I said he did after the goalie asked for it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
"WAY after Lunin was asking for offside"

"WAY after" now means within a second.
Obviously? Do you know how fast a ball travels on a football pitch in one second?
I counted two full seconds BTW. Not that you and I care really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad