GWT: Champions League - Round of 16

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
So Leipzig scores a good goal, but somehow it's 0-0. Real reffing, as usual.
We literally had a goal taken away in a champions league game for the same rule.

Villarreal got a goal taken away against Barca, for the same rule.

But continue on football purist. Didn’t notice you in the la liga thread this weekend when the 1st and 2nd place team played.

Guess there wasn’t any three second twitter clips you could post and leave

I for one, am excited to see PSG choke in Champions league and see the blame be the following

1. refs

Reason 3. Real Madrid, even though they don’t play.

Reason 838282. PSG probably should’ve lost

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Blah, blah, blah, Real fans happy with putrid refs gifting their team an unfair advantage while trying to deflect towards other teams.
Same old.

Reactions: luiginb

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
For the Leipzig goal, the official raised his flag for offside (player in an offside position interfering with the keeper) so VAR is checking:

1.) Was the player offside
2.) Was it a clear and obvious error to say he was interfering with the keeper

The answer to 1 is obviously yes and the answer to 2 is obviously yes. He's literally pushing against the keeper when the ball is kicked. It's not a foul, but it doesn't need to be a foul to be active in play.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Like OM won a rigged final in 93?
Not sure about the final, but definitely on the path towards that final. Heck, after losing the previous final, Tapie said "now I know how to win it", hinting at the ref's lockerroom.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
For the Leipzig goal, the official raised his flag for offside (player in an offside position interfering with the keeper) so VAR is checking:

The answer to 1 is obviously yes and the answer to 2 is obviously yes. He's literally pushing against the keeper when the ball is kicked. It's not a foul, but it doesn't need to be a foul to be active in play.
Your explanation is too technical for Madrid haters tbh

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

I prefer the Perez is using the Mbappe courtship as a way to cover up him paying the refs tbh

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Not sure about the final, but definitely on the path towards that final. Heck, after losing the previous final, Tapie said "now I know how to win it", hinting at the ref's lockerroom.
Nanard said that after losing to Benfica in the semi-final in 1990 - that Benfica handball was obvious

And 2 years later... idk.... I'm not convinced it was a corner kick (Boli's goal)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nanard said that after losing to Benfica in the semi-final in 1990 - that Benfica handball was obvious

And 2 years later... idk.... I'm not convinced it was a corner kick (Boli's goal)
Meh not sure it was a corner indeed, but I doubt the ref wanted OM to win with a corner :D
The Moscow game however? Definitely something weird. Either players were bought or they were sick (rumors of something in their bottles), but that team couldn't reach the halfline all game. OM wasn't THAT good.

Reactions: Power Man

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Poor Real troll trying to wrote tons of crappy posts about french teams and all even though I totally acknowledge OM was likely cheating (heck the reason I hate them). Tough.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Do you think Mbappe will win a CL with PSG?
I have no crystal ball !

No, VAR concluded there was no clear and obvious error on the play.

Even after the check the referee after the check raised his hand to signal that offside was the decision.
The pundits here in France disagree with this. They had a special scene about that play at halftime and they said the ref called it a foul.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Poor Real troll trying to wrote tons of crappy posts about french teams and all even though I totally acknowledge OM was likely cheating (heck the reason I hate them). Tough.
You’re great. Keep it tbh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad