Champions League: Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The gap in the score line may be surprising, but I don’t think it’s shocking that Atalanta would get the result. They’re a good team. Maybe not so much to be considered definite favourites in the tie, but not surprising to see them winning either.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
They should've been nice to Danny Rose instead of alienating him.

Who knows. Tanganga has been our best full back (both sides) so far this season.

Davies causes the penalty and Aurier our second worst player (only Alli worse).

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Spurs vs RBL 0:1 and now Bayern must beat Chelsea and we have the converse situation as last Season(BL vs PL).

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
BM are clearly a lot better than Chelsea - as Leipzig are compared to Spurs. Actually quite shocking how poor the teams behind Liverpool and City are in the PL. Watching Chelsea - Utd it is hard to understand that you are watching two of the richest clubs in the league. Not a high quality game. Tonight Spurs are completely dominated for 70 mins or so. The last 20 are more even. Not like Spurs are all over Leipzig to get an equaliser.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
The gap in the score line may be surprising, but I don’t think it’s shocking that Atalanta would get the result. They’re a good team. Maybe not so much to be considered definite favourites in the tie, but not surprising to see them winning either.

Atalanta are one of the most entertaining teams in Europe right now. They play amazing attacking football. Papu Gomez is one of the most underrated players in the world.

Reactions: koyvoo

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
He played well, but he would have had a tougher time against League Two forwards than he had with Alli and Lucas last night.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
You would be forgiven for forgetting he was there now that he cut off his dreadlocks. Apparently he had never had a haircut in his life :eek:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Good result from Dortmund. That second goal was huge. I said before the game any type of win would work, and 2-1 works.

I thought we played extremely well actually. It could’ve been a few more, if not for poor finishing from everyone except for Haaland.

The defense held up extremely well also. PSG only had two real chances, and I thought we outplayed them in the midfield. Gueye was woeful. Our two CM’s played well, and Verratti player well but couldn’t drag around his CM partner.

No surprise that Mbappe’s only influence in the game was when he dropped deep to get the ball. Tuchel made an error playing Di Maria over Icardi.

PSG will be without Meunier and Verratti in the second leg. That should definitely help us out. I think we have a good chance to go through. PSG could go through, but that was a needed result for us to have a good chance in the second leg.

Losing Verratti is terrible for PSG, they don't have any option for that spot with anywhere near similar qualities. The yellow was really stupid from him too, even if the ref made a wrong decision, he should have known better not to go complaining fiercely at the ref with few minutes to go and facing a ban with a yellow. He wasn't even the one who the decision went against, should have just left it to others.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
PSG is going to have a lot of player missing for the second leg.

Verratti and Meunier are suspended. Thiago Silva, Dagba, Diallo and Herrera are all likely to miss out due to injury.

As of now, we are only likely to be missing Reus and maybe Delaney.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
No changes to the lineup for Chelsea since the win over Spurs. I might've preferred Willian to Barkley, but besides that I'm pretty happy with it.

Torn between my desire for Alphonso Davies to have a good game and my desire for Reece James to completely bully him for 90 minutes.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Barca isnt winning this so I just hope they dont embarrass themselves at this point. Good to see Puig back in bad to see Ivan still starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad