Champions League: Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I really like Klopp. Like, really like him a lot. I’m disappointed at his comments putting down Atletico’s tactics. They got the result. If they played any other way, they likely wouldn’t have. Simeone’s job is to get results, not entertain the masses. The people who pay Simeone’s wages pay him to get results, not to play attractive football and lose. Winning ugly trumps losing artistically.
Part of this I agree, but Cruff said something along the lines of, "Style without results is meaningless, and results without style is meaningless". I cant see them holding out at Anfield just by bunkering in three weeks. They are going to need at least a goal. Im more confident in Liverpool.advancing than I was after 0-0 against Bayern last year.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Part of this I agree, but Cruff said something along the lines of, "Style without results is meaningless, and results without style is meaningless". I cant see them holding out at Anfield just by bunkering in three weeks. They are going to need at least a goal. Im more confident in Liverpool.advancing than I was after 0-0 against Bayern last year.

Simone had great results with his strategy, lost two finals to Real Madrid.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
True, but he still hasnt won this competition. If you believe sources he is also the highest paid manager in the world. He is a good manager but should be doing better in La Liga.

He also has the resources to do better. Mind you 2 final losses and a la liga trophy is nothing to scoff at. Especially when you take in consideration the Europas and where Atleti was prior to Simeone.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I want to believe this but Atletico don’t seem like the type of team that will bend under Klopps current tactics of energy conservation with intermittent blitzes, defensive rigidity and counter attacking. His set up is really almost an antithesis to how Klopp has Liverpool playing so while they are certainly a better team and have better quality it takes a special type of scissor to break a rock if you get my meaning.

Not saying it can’t be done or that Liverpool would be underdogs were it 0-0 but with a goal in hand and no away goal it’s an uphill battle against Simeone’s Atletico.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
True, but he still hasnt won this competition. If you believe sources he is also the highest paid manager in the world. He is a good manager but should be doing better in La Liga.

The last 6 years he was always in the top-3 and the last two years he ended second ahead of Real Madrid. This year they are 4th at the moment, but it's far from over, will probably end in the 3rd position.

That's pretty good.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The last 6 years he was always in the top-3 and the last two years he ended second ahead of Real Madrid. This year they are 4th at the moment, but it's far from over, will probably end in the 3rd position.

That's pretty good.
It is but the money they spent on attackers they should be scoring much more.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
That is it then. Davies again. Cost us against Juventus and same stupidity tonight.

Amazing the clumsiness one got at the Spurs back end.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
That is it then. Davies again. Cost us against Juventus and same stupidity tonight.

Amazing the clumsiness one got at the Spurs back end.
They should've been nice to Danny Rose instead of alienating him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad