Champions League: Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Obviously I don´t believe those measurements (or at least it is then taken with a flying start), but still... holy...

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It’s impressive, but the comparisons to the world record are a bit silly given that it’s a running start.

Elite sprinters cover 60m with a running start in roughly 5 seconds.

So yes, his running start 60m in the game was 1/3 of a second slower than Coleman’s dead stop plus reaction time start 60m record.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'm ok whatever the outcome. I think it's going to be tough at Anfield. With the away goal rules, you can't rule something weird happening. However, I fully expect the club to put out their best effort and I know Anfield will be ready to show it up. Klopp has laid down the gauntlet and I think he'll do his best to get them jacked up even more if that's possible.

I think the Mane stuff was part to get him to avoid the second yellow, also partly, because I'm not sure he's fully fit. You deflect some of the pressure on him if you think he just didn't have it by saying that they were trying to get him sent off (which was somewhat true anyhow).

I do think Liverpool's form needs to tick up, if that's possible, as the front three looked a little bit out of sorts. While I think Fabinho played alright, he also still is rounding into form, and at home, I would be tempted to go Keita in the midfield three, especially knowing they needed a goal.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Liverpool had basically every 50-50 game in the league go their way this year. Those crappy games where Liverpool were not tuned in and playing sloppy, they ended up winning somehow. Wasn't going to just keep going like that indefinitely.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Observation: Haaland played in a game against Neymar and Mbappe last night and everyone is talking about Haaland.

I mean, I just read an article about Neymar whining that PSG wouldn't let him come back sooner and that's why he couldn't be in better match form... But it's true I haven't read a single analysis of his new "40-year-old former metal fan" look.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I really like Klopp. Like, really like him a lot. I’m disappointed at his comments putting down Atletico’s tactics. They got the result. If they played any other way, they likely wouldn’t have. Simeone’s job is to get results, not entertain the masses. The people who pay Simeone’s wages pay him to get results, not to play attractive football and lose. Winning ugly trumps losing artistically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->