Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Here's the run for the penalty (great run btw):
UEFA Champions League Soccer: Juventus vs. Atlético Madrid | TNT

Notice two things:
- Kuijpers mimicing the shove
- Correa not complaining and very, very meek protests (if you can call those protests) from an Atletico team that usual crowds the ref over 50/50 fouls at the halfway line

And btw, other than on this forum, I've barely seen anyone saying it wasn't a penalty, and certainly noone calling it a scandalous decision.
But then again, the penalty call wasn't on a Frenchman. And it was for a Ronaldo hattrick.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

I know bashing managers is an Italian pastime , but I don't understand why Juve supporters are so hard on Allegri.

It's not like Juve's ever been synonymous with beautiful football , and all the dude does is win.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I know bashing managers is an Italian pastime , but I don't understand why Juve supporters are so hard on Allegri.

It's not like Juve's ever been synonymous with beautiful football , and all the dude does is win.

It's easy to win when you have the best team in Italy. The only team that can compete with us are Napoli and even they are one of the biggest chockers out there. I can put a donkey in place of Allegri and still come out with wins.
Allegri didn't have to put much of an effort today because Athletico didn't even show up to play.

Reactions: Cassano

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
People need to stop with the "X deserved to win" nonsense. If a team deserves to win, then they'll do it without the help or hindrance of the ref.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
But that’s the thing. If there are 50/50 calls, no matter whether a penalty is called or not, a team is gonna feel like they were helped or hindered. And judgment calls will always exist.

Again, not remotely what I'm saying. I wasn't even referring to the play in question but rather the notion that if it a team outplays another but doesn't win because they don't do what it takes to win (IE outscore their opponent) then the notion they deserved it is wrong. If the refs weren't a factor and Juventus won fair and square, then they deserved to win. However if Atleti had parked the bus for say 120 minutes and then somehow won on penalties then they would have deserved to have won.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
Enough debating about the Juve pen. Did Atleti deserve one from the Chiellini tackle/dive at the end?

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
No. Contact is nowhere near the ball, which is nearly in the keeper's hands.

That being said Chiellini should be banned for life.

It's not a foul anywhere on the pitch, Chiellini just stop and braces for impact.

That said, I agree 100%, he went from a dude playing with blood flowing all over his face when they were behind, to a guy who flopped 3-4 times in ridiculous ways when they were ahead.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What ? Are you trolling ? The Kimpembe foul was 50/50, go learn your rules. Otamendi got punished for the almost the same thing against Schalke.

The rule is if the defender is making the body bigger in order to block the ball, you can call it.
Read the rules at some point before telling everyone to know about them :laugh:
50/50 IS trolling.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Here's the run for the penalty (great run btw):
UEFA Champions League Soccer: Juventus vs. Atlético Madrid | TNT

Notice two things:
- Kuijpers mimicing the shove
- Correa not complaining and very, very meek protests (if you can call those protests) from an Atletico team that usual crowds the ref over 50/50 fouls at the halfway line

And btw, other than on this forum, I've barely seen anyone saying it wasn't a penalty, and certainly noone calling it a scandalous decision.
But then again, the penalty call wasn't on a Frenchman. And it was for a Ronaldo hattrick.
You contradict yourself with the frenchman thing, but whatever.
It was not a penalty. Period.
If you call for that "contact", then you have 100 pens a game.
And if it was for the clip, he did to himself.

Yep, scandalous. Not that Juve are through, but that they're through on this call.

But then again, I'm not surprised. What we have here is a bunch of fans of "big teams" who are used to getting such calls go their way. It's business as usual.

Reactions: Pouchkine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad