GWT: Champions League R16 Second Legs & QF Draw

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Caught up with the game, solid win and happy to be through to the quarter finals for the first time in a while.

Kante masterclass game again.

Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
QF DRAW TEAMS

Bayern Munich
Borussia Dortmund
Chelsea
FC Porto
Liverpool
Manchester City
PSG
Real Madrid

Porto is the only average team left (in CL knock-out stages terms), everyone else could win it on their best day. City at the best form right now, but who knows in two months.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
You're giving Chelsea and DOrtmund far too much credit.

Nah, I believe Haaland could score a hat-trick against anyone on his best day, and Chelsea could scrape a defensive win against anyone with a bit of luck. Certainly against anyone but City, but if City secures the PL with 5-6 games to spare, they might lose enough edge in their game by the time May comes around to give any other teams left a fighting chance. And anything can happen in the final (sending off etc.).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Nah, I believe Haaland could score a hat-trick against anyone on his best day, and Chelsea could scrape a defensive win against anyone with a bit of luck. Certainly against anyone but City, but if City secures the PL with 5-6 games to spare, they might lose enough edge in their game by the time May comes around to give any other teams left a fighting chance. And anything can happen in the final (sending off etc.).
He would need to do that multiple times so, I dont see it happening. Chelsea is a little more likely but I wouldnt hold my breath. Depending on the match up they're probably out next round.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Some interesting fixtures:

Bayern: 3 April Leipzig, 6/7 April CL gf , 13/14 April CL qf, 17 April Wolfsburg, 21 April Leverkusen, 27/28 April CL SF. Bayern certainly have tougher fixtures than Dortmund in April, in May it's the other way round.

ManCity 3 April Leicester, 6/7 April CL qf, 10 April Leeds, 13/14 CL qf, 17 April Aaston Villa, 25 April Tottenham LC, 27/28 CL sf, 8 May Chelsea. Will need that squad depth. Could have a FA cup SF in 17 April

PSG: 3 April Lille (title decider?), 6/7 April CL qf, other league matches aren't that bad even if PSG rest some players. French cup QFs will be played on 21 April, but odds are PSG get an easy opponent. Certainly one of the easiest schedules for PSG compared to other CL teams left.

Real Madrid: 6/7 April CL qf, 11 April Barcelona, 13/14 CL qf. Very tough time for them around QF's, should they progress, it gets easier in May. Of course by then a lot depends if they still have a shot at the title. If not, they could heavily prioritize CL.

Chelsea: Prior to 24 April against West Ham, nothing too difficult. Depending on the draw, I quite fancy them getting through into the semis. Could have a FA cup SF in 17 April

Liverpool: 4 April : Arsenal , 6/7 April CL qf, 10 April AV, 13/14 CL qf. Tough two weeks.

Reactions: Power Man

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What teams do you want to draw and don’t want to draw?

Order of teams I least want to draw

1. Bayern
2. Man City
3. Real Madrid
4. Chelsea
5. PSG
6. Liverpool
7. Porto

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As a Liverpool fan, I don’t want an English team. Motivation here is solely for a new matchup. I hate PL vs PL matchups in European competition. Less fun in that.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Chelsea is unbeaten in 13. Tuchel is the first Chelsea coach to ever compile that stay in his first 13 games. There’s one team in better form right now in Europe.
An uptick in performance for a new manager isn’t exactly unheard of. What happens when the honeymoon ends? Another thing they didn’t exactly have the hardest matches.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Don’t know if they go through but Real Madrid is certainly a winnable matchup for LFC. Really glad this group gets another shot at that Madrid team after what happened in Kiev.

let’s go Porto

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad