GWT: Champions League - MW6

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It's called back because Gabriel is in an offside position and makes an attempt to play the ball.
Kinda. I mean, he does, but the ball never gets to him.

Imagine this hypothetical: a ball is crossed in. A guy at the back post is offside. He is trying to time the ball and starts to swing. It is headed in at the near post. Would that be offside?

The better explanation I've seen is that Gabriel was blocking a defender. Which, fine, I wasn't thinking about that. I was so busy focusing on who scored (again!) that I didn't pay attention to what was happening behind Gabriel

Which minute did you realise Hojlund was playing today?
When Kim truck sticked him

Reactions: maclean

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Bad idea from Garnacho to play today's game on skates.

Sane has been uncharacteristically shit today, otherwise Bayern would have been comfortably ahead.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Kinda. I mean, he does, but the ball never gets to him.

Imagine this hypothetical: a ball is crossed in. A guy at the back post is offside. He is trying to time the ball and starts to swing. It is headed in at the near post. Would that be offside?

The better explanation I've seen is that Gabriel was blocking a defender. Which, fine, I wasn't thinking about that. I was so busy focusing on who scored (again!) that I didn't pay attention to what was happening behind Gabriel

When Kim truck sticked him
No, because he's never involved in the play and his attempt at playing the ball can't remotely be described as affecting play. But Gabriel is a foot from the ball and jumping to it. That's going to be called offside 100% of the time.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Pretty pathetic performance by United. Was hoping Bjelica could get Union to third place but maybe it’s best for them to concentrate on the leahue

Europa League powers Sevilla out of Europe completely while Benfica get in thanks to an injury time goal in Salzburg

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Bottom of the group. Quality stuff.
Imagine finishing last in a group with Old Boys Galatasaray, the great unknowns at FC Copenhagen and Germany's second best team. Sackable. Worst thing was the performance, I thought Shaw , Amrabat and Bruno were the only ones with a pulse tonight.

Joselu's first goal against Union tonight shows why everyone in Europe who's not a Real fan absolutely despises them, that kind of refereeing is so typical for them. Now Union fans know it too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evilo

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Probably for the best in the long run. Union Berlin can put all focus on staying in the top flight.

That last second Bellingham goal just crushed their confidence, right at the outset of the CL campaign. Turn that into a heroic point against the legendary Real Madrid in our first ever CL match, and nobody was gunna stop us from advancing :yo:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Lol, end of a long day brain fart on my end. Let's try again....

How much longer does ETH keep his job?
I think they'll keep him until at least late spring either way and as long as they have a shot at top 4/5 they'll keep him.

If we get to say late March/April and United are 8-10 points back of 4th/5th though, they might jettison him and the new ownership group may implement their own footballing infrastructure from scratch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad