GWT: Champions League - Matchweek 4

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Finally Terzic brings Mouki on for Modeste

It's a soft R, but there is an R there.
It's an R that takes Americans a long time to learn how to pronounce, especially those who had a speech impediment with R/W growing up and learned a really hard R because of it and was then told that his German was very "R-ish" while in small town Germany.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's an R that takes Americans a long time to learn how to pronounce, especially those who had a speech impediment with R/W growing up and learned a really hard R because of it and was then told that his German was very "R-ish" while in small town Germany.
I have a problem with it sometimes too and have been asked before if I'm polish :laugh:

But Russian was the first language I learned to speak, as my father never learned any german, and Russian does have a much harder R.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I have a problem with it sometimes too and have been asked before if I'm polish :laugh:

But Russian was the first language I learned to speak, as my father never learned any german, and Russian does have a much harder R.
Hebrew has the same R but then the "ch" sound is different, although even that depends on where you are in Germany.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sevilla a bunch of minnows. They are down 4 points to us in the table, and are pulling out all sort of time-wasting tactics when the game is tied. They gain nothing from a draw.

Referee must've also had somewhere to go. He's aware of their time-wasting and is booking them for it, but then blows the whistle like four seconds after listed amount of time. Added virtually nothing additional. Poor refereeing.

I'll take a draw. Doesn't do us damage. We could've advanced with a win, but we can still clinch the next two rounds.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Oh my god Rudiger’s face

Hope he is ok jesus

Galtier is hilarious @Evilo 😂😂

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hopefully the result holds because I'd love Juve to crash out like this. Lot easier with a draw here.
Benfica is better than Juventus. Not a surprise

Enzo would be the best mid on Juve. He would be the best mid on a lot of the UCL (and non-UCL) teams.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Yeah, Karim is struggling so far this year.

I know i said earlier it would be tough for him to keep up the insane pace from last season but this is a bit underwhelming tbh. 3 goals in 5 in the league isn't bad at all but zero goals in UCL is surprisingly weak.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Celtic’s problems haven’t stemmed from poor performances in this competition. They just haven’t put away the chances that they’ve had. Totally snakebitten.

16 shots on goal last night including hitting the woodwork twice within a few seconds and again a few minutes later. Didn’t take their chances in a first half in which they completely outplayed Madrid. Missed numerous sitters away to Shakhtar and undone by poor finishing and their own blunders away to Leipzig.

I thought Leipzig edged the game last night and kept possession well, but if you aren’t clinical at this level you’re screwed. That’s been the difference.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Clear pen for Brugge after a foul on Buchanan, the entire Atleti team surround the ref for about two minutes which results in him checking the screen and cancelling the pen. Madness

Atleti not allowed to lose today I guess

Reactions: al secord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad