GWT: Champions League Matchday 6: 12/8-12/9

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
That's actually not as bad as everybody makes it out to be.

I really hope that Chelsea park the bus here and Mourinho still loses. It would be fantastic. Porto are pretty dangerous, and there really isn't that big of a difference in talent with lots of the guys from Chelsea being hyped beyond belief.

Very true. I remember there were a lot of jokes when PSG couldn't make it out of the group stage in the Europa League after their first big investments. The finished behind Athletic Bilbao and RB Salzburg.
But since then, they have done rather well.

I am not a fan of investors like this, but if you do it, at least do it right and with a plan. And you can tell that PSG did not just buy expensive players simply because they could, but they actually had a plan how they wanted to build a team.
Again, I'm not a fan, but you gotta respect, that they have done a decent job so far.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Chicharito can't be stopped

but flamini can

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Fantastic ball in by Ramsey, but the GK should have that

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Fantastic ball in by Ramsey, but the GK should have that

Should have, but those are the kind of things that give Arsenal the advantage in this game. Now the main thing is not to let one right back in..

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
matic hasn't played this well in like 8 months

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You got your answer. They didn't have to spend as much as United to become a CL QFinalist.
And that's not even saying that United had more big time players before LVG came in than when PSG's owners did.

How big has the player turnover been at PSG compared to United? Legit question, don't follow Ligue 1.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
yikes olympiakos finishing this game..

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Leverkusen will be kicking themselves for not converting any of these 1-on-1's with ter Stegen. Probably need to hope BATE beats Roma at this point. Good for them that Barca is playing so many backups, too. Also, Kampl is really good.

And now Arsenal have their third goal

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
man arsenal have done it against the odds and the flow of play..

brilliant individual moments..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad