GWT: Champions League Matchday 6: 12/8-12/9

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
RvP being sent off that match was an absolute joke. That was the worst reffing decision I've seen in a match involving Arsenal.

As was Messi legit goal being called offside...or Puyol being sent off for Cesc's attempted shot.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
**** Arsenal are due for a win against Barca.:(

Uefalona my ass.

What are you talking about? Barca probably gets the easiest round of 16 draw. There is absolutely no way with Barca's top 3 that Arsenal can prevent them not scoring.

- Neymar has been ridiculous
- Suarez as well
- Even if Messi hasn't been amazing compared to prior seasons, he still suckers in defenders as the target man creating space for the other two.

If Barca doesn't score against Arsenal, it will be Barcelona's fault for not scoring, not Arsenal's superb defending.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't get all this talk about poor Arsenal. Sure they get a tough draw, but so did we. Look at the rest of the teams left in the competition. We got one of the best left that we could have drawn or otherwise. There are maybe four other sides I'd rather not face than Arsenal and we could have only drawn one of them.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't get all this talk about poor Arsenal. Sure they get a tough draw, but so did we. Look at the rest of the teams left in the competition. We got one of the best left that we could have drawn or otherwise. There are maybe four other sides I'd rather not face than Arsenal and we could have only drawn one of them.

How I look at it as well...maybe I'm being timid because of the recent performances but anyone who doesn't think this will be a tight tie is out to lunch.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
How I look at it as well...maybe I'm being timid because of the recent performances but anyone who doesn't think this will be a tight tie is out to lunch.

It's not even about the recent performances though. It's the other sides that are left in the competition, 2/3 of whom I'd rather face than Arsenal. That's not to say we're not favorites, but people keep making it out like we won the lottery when say Madrid gets a side like Roma.

Just remembered Turan is available after the winter break

He will add some serious depth

Vidal as well who can play a couple of positions and who just had a Europa League winning run with Sevilla last season. So not just depth, but depth with experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->