GWT: Champions League Matchday 4

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
True enough. Though that's much less likely than PSG & Leipzig beating United & getting at least a point from Basaksehir.

I agree. But I think United getting a single draw from two games is still the most likely scenario. So although all 4 teams technically control their own destiny, United has a clear advantage followed by PSG and then Leipzig (PSG over Leipzig purely because they hold the head to head tie breaker)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, even though Dortmund is out of our league, that was disappointing from Brugge. We were never going to stop Haaland though

Huge game against Zenit next week

I liked the kid playing LWB. And Lang is a quality player on loan that can help create goals. Hopefully they have Dennis back for the next game. The CF posed absolutely no threat. It was a difficult set up for Brugge having to play counter attacking football with the focal point being unable to threaten the defense on the counter.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Would be ideal if BMG can win here. Then they would pretty much just need a point out of their last two games to qualify.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Would be ideal if BMG can win here. Then they would pretty much just need a point out of their last two games to qualify.

Which would ironically scare me more than if BMG had to get a win out of one of those matches :laugh:

BMG are better than many teams at not taking their foot off the pedal, especially given the big names they'll be facing, but needing just a draw out of two matches can be a weirdly dangerous position to be in mentally.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I agree. But I think United getting a single draw from two games is still the most likely scenario. So although all 4 teams technically control their own destiny, United has a clear advantage followed by PSG and then Leipzig (PSG over Leipzig purely because they hold the head to head tie breaker)

We'll see if that's an advantage for United or a liability.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Foden is finding a higher level
Of consistency now.

Bernardo Silva however looks out of sorts, and he has been poor for a while. Seems to be struggling without consistent first team minutes.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Which would ironically scare me more than if BMG had to get a win out of one of those matches :laugh:

BMG are better than many teams at not taking their foot off the pedal, especially given the big names they'll be facing, but needing just a draw out of two matches can be a weirdly dangerous position to be in mentally.
I think they will beat Inter next match, securing qualification. But regardless if they can hold this lead they are in very good position to qualify.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
7AAE8762-55C3-4984-AD44-C804CB7AB9CF.jpeg

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Inter actually offered Eberl 50M for Ginter, then I hope they announce a move for the summer as soon as they can :laugh:

I like Ginter, but that's stupid money and I'm always in favor of giving Eberl stupid money to play with.

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Olympiakos finally put their first attempt toward goal in the 88th minute.

City over 20 shot attempts and 11 on target but it didn’t exactly seem like the Greek sides goal was being bombarded at any point.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Two games, six points and 10-0 goals against Donezk for us.

Now we'll have two finals against Inter + Real and everything in our own hands.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I liked the kid playing LWB. And Lang is a quality player on loan that can help create goals. Hopefully they have Dennis back for the next game. The CF posed absolutely no threat. It was a difficult set up for Brugge having to play counter attacking football with the focal point being unable to threaten the defense on the counter.

The kid is academy graduate Charles de Ketelaere, 19 years old, scored the winner against Zenit and recently made his Belgium NT debut too.
The CF position has been a problem for 2 years. Right now it's between young prospect Youssouph Badji, he's done well in the Belgian League but he's only 18 and very raw, and the striker you watched yesterday, Michal Krmencik who we bought from Viktoria Plzen for €6m last year, is absolutely worthless :laugh:
Dennis was suspended by the club for disciplinary reasons (he wanted a big move in the summer, didn't get it, and has been sulking a bit ever since) he's usually our best forward. He's a winger but in big games or CL games our coach puts him down the middle more often than not.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I don't really know what to say.

Vidal is a moron lmao. Imagine not having the composure in a game you basically need to win.

Literal moron.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The Liverpool-Atalanta match has been painful to watch. Like watching paint dry. Only marginal entertainment is coming from Klopp frothing on the sidelines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad