GWT: Champions League Matchday 4

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Herrera somehow doesn't get a red. Blatant red and he should be gone. Lunges through the air and puts his studs right into the top of the foot or shin of Poulsen.

Officiating in this game has been quite poor, to PSG's benefit.

Reactions: Peen

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
total shithouse performance from psg lmao
Playing like they are a bottom table team parking the bus.

upload_2020-11-24_16-44-18.png

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'm all here for it man. They made a final playing like this. It's fun seeing the contrast of two styles.

They set up two two blocks with Mbappe and Neymar hanging far up. Any counter attacks get nulled with fouls.

They're winning with it anyways.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm all here for it man. They made a final playing like this. It's fun seeing the contrast of two styles.

They set up two two blocks with Mbappe and Neymar hanging far up. Any counter attacks get nulled with fouls.

They're winning with it anyways.
I give Manchester City a hard time for their dreadful yet very expensive defending because I don't think they are pragmatic enough, but the style Tuchel has PSG playing is certainly on the other end of the spectrum. I don't even think Mou would play like this against Leipzig.

On the other end, you have Naggelsmann having Leipzig play his typical very high tempo and pace pressing game with a focus on quick vertical movement of the ball.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Easy win for Dortmund, but a problem emerging is that the squad is too big. Too many big names to give minutes to. We didn't give Moukoko his UCL debut in a game that was finished because the coach felt like he had to give too many other players garbage minutes to satisfy them after being left out of the initial selection. We even brought off Haaland, which rarely happens, but the 16 year old is going to be the one with the least proven so far, so he can't demand minutes like others can.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
From a United perspective, obviously want a statement win, and then likely a draw in the other game although a Leipzig win would mean they only need a single result from the last 2 games.

I'm assuming that neutrals want a Turkish win and a PSG win so the entire group is on 6 points through 4 games :laugh:

A PSG win was enough for them & Leipzig to have their fates in their own hands ;-)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bellingham played his best game in a Dortmund shirt. What a performance, and he's only 17. He's going to be a star. He's probably the best 2003 born player in the world right now.

Sancho also played his best game of the season, which was nice. He's been in a small slump to start the season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I give Manchester City a hard time for their dreadful yet very expensive defending because I don't think they are pragmatic enough, but the style Tuchel has PSG playing is certainly on the other end of the spectrum. I don't even think Mou would play like this against Leipzig.

On the other end, you have Naggelsmann having Leipzig play his typical very high tempo and pace pressing game with a focus on quick vertical movement of the ball.

FWIW playing like this is what got United their win against Leipzig. They got an early goal, then held on for an hour before catching Leipzig pushing too high to score a few late.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sure. You could also say that Basaksehir have their destiny in their own hands in that if they win their last two games by enough goals they'll advance.

True enough. Though that's much less likely than PSG & Leipzig beating United & getting at least a point from Basaksehir.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad