Champions League last 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
If Real lose to Ajax, which could very realistically happen, shit will hit the fan in a MAJOR way. So, on some level, I kinda hope we lose. Then again, Perez will probably go crazy and do a bunch a stupid crazy shit.

I hope we win a 4th CL in a row, but I do not really see it happening.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
If Real lose to Ajax, which could very realistically happen, **** will hit the fan in a MAJOR way. So, on some level, I kinda hope we lose. Then again, Perez will probably go crazy and do a bunch a stupid crazy ****.

I hope we win a 4th CL in a row, but I do not really see it happening.
Yeah I can see Ajax beating Real tbh

lud

May 27, 2009
Croatia
Schalke-City
Bayern
-Liverpool
Lyon- Barca
Ajax-Real
BvB-
Tottenham
Roma-Porto
Athletico-Juve
United-PSG

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Schalke-City
Bayern-Liverpool
Lyon- Barca
Ajax
-Real
BvB- Tottenham
Roma-Porto
Athletico-Juve
United-PSG

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Really fun draw! I'm hoping for a PSG domination over United, an Ajax upset, and a BVB run. Have always felt bad for BVB being constant runners up to Bayern, I would love to see them get revenge on both the domestic league and the CL. For that same reason I think it would be cool for Athletico to go on to the finals and get that win!

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Schalke-City
Bayern-Liverpool
Lyon- Barca
Ajax-Real
BvB- Tottenham
Roma
-Porto
Atletico-Juve
United-PSG

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Schalke-City: Schalke's only offense is hoping the opposition dangles a leg in the box. City by multiple goals.
Bayern-Liverpool: I think this'll be a good tie. Bayern has been better recently, Liverpool is stout. Liverpool edges it.
Lyon- Barca: Lyon might not get beat badly, but I'd be very surprised if Barcelona doesn't win.
Ajax-Real: Ajax isn't bad this year and Real is, but Real is still too strong. Could be close, but I think they advance here.
BvB- Tottenham: A good tie. Dortmund is the better side, but Spurs could take this. Not much between these two teams.
Roma-Porto: Two of the worst teams left. Roma's having a bad season, Porto isn't that strong. I think they'll do enough though to go through.
Atletico-Juve: Juve is the better team, but Atletico has a history of being worse and winning. I'll pick the upset here.
United-PSG: Multiple goal thrashing. Neymar and Mbappe might be able to take a holiday during the second leg.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Schalke-City
Bayern-Liverpool
Lyon- Barca
Ajax
-Real
BvB- Tottenham
Roma-Porto
Athletico-Juve
United-PSG

Those are some interesting draws.

I can't believe I am saying this, but Bayern will be fortunate to even get a goal on Liverpool in Anfield. I actually got Ajax, not only are they scoring, but Real is just junk. BVB and Spurs should be a good match, got Dortmund sliding through. Roma should win. Barca, easy. City, easy. Juve, easy. PSG, easy with Mourinho moaning about everyone thinks it is his fault.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Careful though, form changes until march. Last year Real was trash and after the fortunate first leg win over PSG, they got on a roll.

Reactions: S E P H

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yup, yup, yup.
Even if those two aren't what they used to be, stars continue to align for Pool.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yup, yup, yup.
Even if those two aren't what they used to be, stars continue to align for Pool.
Continentally. Not domestically. And after the group stage, they could use a break.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not sure what stars were aligning for Liverpool when they could have definitely drawn an easier opponent than Bayern for this round, and just came out of the toughest group in the CL...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well they did escape that group, even barely.
They drew an aging Bayern who are very close from crisis, with players in off the pitch turmoil (Ribery), a coach who's close to being fired, a leader who's suspended, etc....

Sure.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Bayern are awful with our without those dinosaurs. This changes nothing for either team. LFC will walk right through them. Both legs unless Liverpool bottle it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well they did escape that group, even barely.
They drew an aging Bayern who are very close from crisis, with players in off the pitch turmoil (Ribery), a coach who's close to being fired, a leader who's suspended, etc....

Sure.
I just don't understand how any of this is the 'stars continuing to align' for Liverpool. They had the toughest CL group, they've had a tough domestic schedule (and especially relatively tough in the domestic cups) and they've had the toughest CL group, and now Bayern who is certainly not one of the easiest knockout opponents.

If anything I would say yes it's fortunate that Ribery is out since he seems to be in good form, but Muller has been pretty meh so I don't think that has much of an impact. van Dijk is suspended for the first game and that's a much bigger miss than either of those two.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pool is clearly the favourite.
And I'm the first to knock Muller.
But on any given night, he can score 2. Good thing for Pool he's out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad