Confirmed with Link: Chabot fired

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oilers Management putting everything on goaltending again. Only this time we can't crap on the goalies, because they are guys MacT brought in.

Team is running out of non-MacT acquired people to blame. Guess we should at least be happy for that.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
dominoes!

seriously, this guy should've been canned last year..but MacT needed a scapegoat in case things went south this year...predictably they did and Chabot is sacrificed to appease the masses and buy management time...

oilphan

Nov 21, 2005
As usual, the Oilers are 18 months behind the suggestions of the fan base. I guess Eakins will be fired in time for the 2016-17 season.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Oilers Management putting everything on goaltending again. Only this time we can't crap on the goalies, because they are guys MacT brought in.

Team is running out of non-MacT acquired people to blame. Guess we should at least be happy for that.
Except Chabot was awful and didn't improve a single goaltender, just made them all worse.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
Heard in the Oilers offices today 'That oughta hold the SOBs"

So I guess this confirms that they've blaming the losses on the save % and not the system that makes the goaltenders have to face many 10 bell scoring chances a game... sigh.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
So.. we fire the inexperienced coach in Chabot and bring in another inexperienced coach in Schwartz..

Lovely.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Rank the problems with this team:

1. Lowe
2. MacT
3. Eakins
4. Center
5. Defense
6. Scouting
7. Chabot - FIRED
8. Roster player related to coach - TRADED

It's a start.

Kayen

SLAPPAPPYSHEV
Apr 28, 2009
The North
@Joey Moss, goalie coaching isn't so much at NHL experience IMO, but fundamentals and the styles they preach....

Oct 30, 2011
I like the work Schwartz has done. Biased as I've watched some of his drills and incorporated into my own beer league training.
Bye bye Freddy. Most teams ate going with younger progressive goalie coaches these days.

what kind of drills does he do?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
It all makes sense now. Chabot was actually the head coach who was in charge of the brutal lineup decisions , combinations , multiple odd man rushes given up per game, and the anemic power play
mind_blown.gif

McDeathbyCheerios*

I wonder if this means a goalie is coming in and they don't want to ruin another one

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Long past time we fired him, so yay?

Now let's move on to firing everyone else please.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Took MacT over a year to realize how painfully obvious it was that Chabot was a crappy goalie coach. At this rate of management we should have the right pieces in place by the time Hall retires.

GDU

Dec 19, 2008

1. Lowe
2. MacT
3. Eakins
4. Center
5. Defense
6. Scouting
7. Chabot - FIRED

It's a start.

Eakins-centre-defense= all Mact's fault btw... also where is goalie on your list (also Mact's fault)

Also if you ascribe to theory that Lowe pulls strings behind the scene (which he does) and the fact that he hired Mact...

then...

everything is lowe's fault...

but lowe will never be fired...

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Glad Chabot is gone, but I have no faith in his replacement. Seems like another guy that has some connections in the city and never did anything as a pro.

Look at teams like LA and Arizona. They hire proven NHL winners as goalie coaches and get great results. We hire our buddies from around town and then drag out firing them because we like them as friends. Oilers problem in a nutshell.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth

1. Lowe
2. MacT
3. Eakins
4. Center
5. Defense
6. Scouting
7. Chabot - FIRED

It's a start.

Here are my thoughts:

1. Lowe
2. Pro Scout's
3. Amateur Scouts
5. Goal tending (Chabot fired)
5. MacT (for firing Kruger and hiring Eakins, if nothing else)
6 Any other ole boy hanging out - leaching off the organization
7a. Defence
7b. Center
7c. Team Grit

I fear the replacement of Chabot has only bought Lowe and MacT a bit more time. Let's hope for a 40 game losing streak. It must get worse, for it to get better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad