Confirmed with Link: Chabot fired

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Pretty interesting I must say. If this will be the one and only change I might just freak out and burst into a manic, hysterical laugh.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Positive.

T0353-Keep-Calm-and-Use-The-Schwartz.png

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
There you go fans, enjoy your sacrifice. Does this buy Lowe and friends another year? Or do they have to scapegoat Howson before this season is done?

Couldn't fire him last summer when they should have. They needed to save scapegoating Chabot for this moment.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I said it last year, I'll say it this year. He's a terrible goalie coach and I'm glad to see him go. Wishing him best in his endeavours, though.

His highlights (for me) include his inability to ready Dubnyk for the equipment change and letting Scrivens put his glove down back to his Spruce Grove/Toronto days. Every goalie we acquired regressed under him, so no reason to keep him.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Please be more then this. It's great news for any future goalie we end up getting. It seems that every goalie has regressed under him.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Wasn't he given a new contract in the off season as well as a vote of confidence by Mactavish? This coming after Dubnyk imploded. I want to hear Mac T's explanation on this one. Chabot deserves to be fired but he sure didn't deserve a new contract in the first place. Another example of Mactavish's brain being six months behind everyone else's.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
buddy-the-elf-excited-o.gif

Took long enough. Always a day late and a buck short with MacT, he loves to correct mistakes after the season is flushed.
Everything is ok now. No need to make any more moves.

Kayen

SLAPPAPPYSHEV
Apr 28, 2009
The North
I like the work Schwartz has done. Biased as I've watched some of his drills and incorporated into my own beer league training.
Bye bye Freddy. Most teams ate going with younger progressive goalie coaches these days.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Good News! Anybody has to be better then Chabot, he was as big a problem on this coaching staff as anyone. Hopefully this is just the start of the dominoes but wouldn't be surprised if this and losing a Perron trade is all that happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00