Proposal: CGY/NJD

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Jack isn't the captain.

He also said "people pay to watch me play" and has been pretty bad since December 1st. Solid -4 on the day today. 23 in his last 26.

They've been embarrassed in 3 of the last 4 while scoring 8 total goals in those 4 games. Maybe he should worry about that as opposed to the goalies.
Either way, they badly need a goalie next season.

May as well get one for the next 2 years now. If you sneak into the playoffs, the Devils are very talented. Could make a run.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
They look checked out and listless because they could have an elite goalie right now, and instead they know they can't go on a deep run with the current goalies.

I'm sure the Devils players all saw the trade leak, and that their management had a goalie for them finally. But then the deal fell apart.
Be a pro play like one
I was in Tampa b4 ASG, they were ckd out there, came back with a couple good ones. Got up for stadium series, and look awful rn. If they are sad bc a G didn't fall in their lap that makes them too soft to be in the playoffs. It's a bit embarrassing as a fan tbh. They don't seem to even want it.

Reactions: PizzaAndPucks

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Be a pro play like one
I was in Tampa b4 ASG, they were ckd out there, came back with a couple good ones. Got up for stadium series, and look awful rn. If they are sad bc a G didn't fall in their lap that makes them too soft to be in the playoffs. It's a bit embarrassing as a fan tbh. They don't seem to even want it.
I mean, the Flames started their worst goalie Wolf one game and the players just gave up before the game started. They were lifeless and that was a week and a half ago.

After playing Markstrom since, they are trying every game. It isn't hard to figure it out.

When you are playing against the other team AND your own goalie, it is much harder to get up for the game.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I mean, the Flames started their worst goalie Wolf one game and the players just gave up before the game started. They were lifeless and that was a week and a half ago.

After playing Markstrom since, they are trying every game. It isn't hard to figure it out.

When you are playing against the other team AND your own goalie, it is much harder to get up for the game.

The offense has been the issue more recently than the goaltending in the L5, ironically since the Jack Hughes comment about winning games when you get saves comment.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
The offense has been the issue more recently than the goaltending in the L5, ironically since the Jack Hughes comment about winning games when you get saves comment.
I'm just saying, when goalies are playing bad it is easy to start gripping your stick, and getting frustrated as a player. Especially when you are constantly playing from behind.

If they traded for Markstrom and he played the last 4 games, instead of being 1-3 they are likely 2-1-1 at worst. And would be 3 points closer to 8th place.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I'm just saying, when goalies are playing bad it is easy to start gripping your stick, and getting frustrated as a player. Especially when you are constantly playing from behind.

If they traded for Markstrom and he played the last 4 games, instead of being 1-3 they are likely 2-1-1 at worst. And would be 3 points closer to 8th place.

Lmao what game are they winning? They got blown out by the 3 teams they lost to

Reactions: HBK27

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The games play out differently. You suddenly have a goalie and the team has a spark, knowing they have a chance to win. And play more confidently.

This makes no sense, none of the goals besides maybe 2-3 in those 3 games were soft. You can't just assume they play better cause of the goalie boost, what if Markstrom comes in and sucks ass in his first few starts after a trade since we're making assumptions?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I just love your roster so much.

Hughes -Ozone deployment, elite offensive talent.

Hischier - 2 way matchup C.

Mercer - A bit of a wild card, but lots of potential.

Bratt is super dynamic and plays a solid 2 way game for his size.

Toffoli glacial skating, but scores 30 and gets pucks out.

The you look at the young blueliners coming. This team has everything to contend for the next 7-8 years except the goalie. I hear you it might not be their year. But I wouldn't want to be Boston facing them in the 1st round with that center depth.
markstrom won't hold up 7-8 years. send wolf.

:scared:

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

Surely you don’t actually think the team played like garbage against San Jose because Wolf was starting

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
I actually believe Markstrom would perform well with NJ. But that trade happens in the offseason.

Isn’t the cap a big issue here?

Toffoli will maybe resign with a slight bump and Mercer too..,

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I actually believe Markstrom would perform well with NJ. But that trade happens in the offseason.

Isn’t the cap a big issue here?

Toffoli will maybe resign with a slight bump and Mercer too..,
I think the offseason in the time to get a goalie, even if they got one now there is no guarantee that it fixes anything. Toffoli needs to be sold off at the deadline, hopefully he nets a 1st, with two 1st round picks and Holtz/Casey they shouldn't have any trouble landing a goalie.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Fitz should've made this trade soon after Hamilton went down and a bunch of cap cleared. Now it's probably too late. Team would need to go on a huge winning streak to make the playoffs.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I just think it's a weird thing when St. Louis won a cup 4 points further back without the games in hand you guys have. You mix in .915 or better goaltending instead of a putrid .886 and you guys are a top team in the east. Nothing makes a bad coach look better than good goaltending and nothing makes a good coach look worse than bad goaltending.
We watch the team more most likely than other fans of different teams do and not trying to be rude but they have been lifeless....Against Tampa Schmid wasn't the problem it looks it but he was the least of the problems might've a better way to say it.....I just think Calgary fans want to cash in on NJ's desperation...That first is being undervalued if the Devils trade it now and the decline continues it could end up in top 10 and a lot of the fans feel biggest issue is Ruff and it is best to do moves in offseason to see where we are at.....Many think if it wasn't for Ruff Holtz wouldn't be on table and for a 34 year old goalie he shouldn't be.....

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Would really rather see this team be sellers at the deadline and get whatever they can for Toffoli and a few other pending UFA's.

Dump Ruff and promote Dineen as an interim head coach for the rest of the season and see what these players can do with a different voice/system in place.

Jack Hughes looks like he's still playing injured. Shut him down early if you need to. Same with Meier, who also doesn't seem quite 100%.

Regroup and get a new head coach and goalie this offseason.

No idea how the upcoming draft looks, but the Devils are currently sitting in the 12th spot and who knows...maybe they get some more lottery luck.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We watch the team more most likely than other fans of different teams do and not trying to be rude but they have been lifeless....Against Tampa Schmid wasn't the problem it looks it but he was the least of the problems might've a better way to say it.....I just think Calgary fans want to cash in on NJ's desperation...That first is being undervalued if the Devils trade it now and the decline continues it could end up in top 10 and a lot of the fans feel biggest issue is Ruff and it is best to do moves in offseason to see where we are at.....Many think if it wasn't for Ruff Holtz wouldn't be on table and for a 34 year old goalie he shouldn't be.....
It depends if you are talking the whole season or the last 5 or so games. The last 5 I agree with you. There were A LOT of games before that where one less goal against would have resulted in a win. 11 of them they lost by a goal or a goal and empty netter. That's the difference between where they are now and pretty much being the Carolina Hurricanes.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
It depends if you are talking the whole season or the last 5 or so games. The last 5 I agree with you. There were A LOT of games before that where one less goal against would have resulted in a win. 11 of them they lost by a goal or a goal and empty netter. That's the difference between where they are now and pretty much being the Carolina Hurricanes.
The inconsistency has been there all year as far as the effort.....Young team that had a lot of success last year and sometimes have to learn the hard way how consistent you have to be game in game out to win in the NHL....Would a better goalie have helped over the year sure no doubt but to chase one now when that first is an assumed throw in yet could go even higher it's being undervalued along with the head coaches issues I think it's best to wait until the summer....The third period alone yesterday was just awful no fight and no desperation in their play.....

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The inconsistency has been there all year as far as the effort.....Young team that had a lot of success last year and sometimes have to learn the hard way how consistent you have to be game in game out to win in the NHL....Would a better goalie have helped over the year sure no doubt but to chase one now when that first is an assumed throw in yet could go even higher it's being undervalued along with the head coaches issues I think it's best to wait until the summer....The third period alone yesterday was just awful no fight and no desperation in their play.....
Yes the third was rough. It wasn't that there were so many mistakes, just that there was no compete. That's concerning. You understand young guys making mistakes, that's part of the process. Not competing? That's BS.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Flames have no need for Daws unless NJ take Vladar back as a cap dump. May as well go big and replace both NJ goalies. 😄

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad