Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Nikita Zadorov signs extension with the Flames (1 year, $3.75M)

Ledge And Dairy

He did look improved for sure but who else was going to be the flames #2 ? If he continues to progress he will be a good #2 quality D in comparison to D league wide but be used as Calgary’s #1 . Him and Tanev are very solid but neither I’d say are in the top 30 D in the league.
Maybe, but look at NYI, none of their guys have ever been surefire top 30's. Also not to mention most of our guys are still under 25. Hanifins numbers post Sutter were like top 25 offensively

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Lmao Z is not even close to top pairing material. If he's on your teams top pair you're in serious trouble

That goes for both of those over rated d men

LOL... you posted this a little over a year ago on June 7, 2020..

... Z is a huge defensive D man that can skate and is still young, which is way more valuable. Zadorav could easily carve out a 2nd paring role on a significant amount of teams in the NHL

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
What the hell is this top pairing talk?

Zadorov is an average 3rd pairing guy. He's big and hits like a truck. Limited offensive skills and makes too many defensive mistakes. Occasionally goes on a hot streak and looks like an actual top 4D.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Zadorov is an average 3rd pairing guy. He's big and hits like a truck. Limited offensive skills and makes too many defensive mistakes. Occasionally goes on a hot streak and looks like an actual top 4D.
No Flames fan is saying Zad is a top pair dman. We know he isn't. That 1st pairing is reserved for Hanifin and Tanev.
Linds keeps talking about it like we think he is and he's taking Hanifin's spot. Personally I think Linds is losing i t.
Zad is, at best, a 2nd pair place holder signed accordingly (1yr @ $3.75m) to give Valimaki one more year of development time before HE takes over that 2nd pair spot.

Last edited:

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

Zadarov will be deployed situationally in a #4/5 role. He'll handle some of the #4 shut down work while Valimaki and potentially kylington develop. So he sounds like a perfect fit, based on your description of him.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I want to see the Zadorov that Flames fans all learned to hate in the 2018 playoff series Flames vs Colorado. Is that guy still there? I think he has the skills but from what I understand he just needs to learn the discipline. Will he learn anything with D Sutter as his coach? I understand he didn't play well for Chicago last year... but it was Chicago... I think perhaps you have to take his performance with a grain of salt. Not many players played well for Chicago last year.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
LOL... you posted this a little over a year ago on June 7, 2020..

Don't really see the contradiction there. Zadarov being able to carve out a 2nd pairing role on a lot of teams is not contradictory to stating he should not be on your top pair. Having a player who is barely a #4 on your top pair is a problem.

That logic applies to every position in the NHL. If you've got a great #3 centre as your #1 centre you're in trouble. You might be exited to pick up that #3 centre for a #3 centre role.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Don't really see the contradiction there. Zadarov being able to carve out a 2nd pairing role on a lot of teams is not contradictory to stating he should not be on your top pair. Having a player who is barely a #4 on your top pair is a problem.

That logic applies to every position in the NHL. If you've got a great #3 centre as your #1 centre you're in trouble. You might be exited to pick up that #3 centre for a #3 centre role.
The thing is that NOBODY was saying that Zad should be on the top pair... only Linds was pushing that fantasy. Also in this thread he was basically saying Zad was garbage yet only a year ago he said Zad is good enough to play on the 2nd pairing on a lot of teams. He changes his opinion like I change my boxers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00