Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Nikita Zadorov signs extension with the Flames (1 year, $3.75M)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
No not at all, he's playing with Tanev or 3rd pair. The money doesnt matter at all here, its like the Cody Ceci contract in Toronto, he had to get at least his QO
I'd be really surprised to see Hanifin and Andersson put back together as defensive partners.
Nope... I'll bet money that we shall see the following d pairings to start the season...
(unless Treliving trades for another dman superior to Zad)

Hanifin - Tanev
Zadorov - Andersson

Reactions: Nanuuk

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'd be really surprised to see Hanifin and Andersson put back together as defensive partners.
Nope... I'll bet money that we shall see the following d pairings to start the season...

Hanifin - Tanev
Zadorov - Andersson
Agreed. I think it's how it starts too. The guy I'm wondering about is Mackey. It was an extremely small sample size, but he looked really good in it.

Ledge And Dairy

Hanifin - Tanev
Zadorov - Andersson
Ill take that bet, they were great together when paired towards the end of the year and last year as well

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I was quite concerned they'd give him 4 year or something.
One year is fine. If he works as expected under Sutter, they'll lock him up, if he doesn't he's free to choose where he wans to go next year.

I thought he could only walk if they went to arbitration? He still has 2 years of team control I thought?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Ill take that bet, they were great together when paired towards the end of the year and last year as well

They aren't going to play zadorov and tanev together. Need to give those guys someone that can move the puck.

So unless valimaki earns the number four spot out of camp tanev and hanifin are gonna be top pair

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Z will be a real solid 4 for Sutter, fit his system and style like a glove

Really nice signing for the Flames. Battle of Alberta is gonna be even more interesting

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ledge And Dairy

They aren't going to play zadorov and tanev together. Need to give those guys someone that can move the puck.

So unless valimaki earns the number four spot out of camp tanev and hanifin are gonna be top pair
Tanev has always been good at moving the puck and making exit passes.

I would much rather Zadorov play eith Tanev or on the 3rd pair than with Andersson because Tanev can cover for his lack of foot speed and defensive lapses

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Zadorov with Lucic. I remember Looch sucker punching him and getting suspended for it. Interesting
As an Oiler fan, I worry for McDavid. Zadorov is no fun to play against

Reactions: Pointteen

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I don't know, Sutter loses his shit over dumb penalties.

Some of us Flames fans are hoping of a tunnel of death lite with Z. As a projected 4/5, we mostly think it's going to turn out good enough. Hoping nothing horrific, but also not expecting he's absolute money.

If it doesn't work, it's one year. If it does work, it's entertaining and I'd be happy for the team to give him a little bit of term.

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
He's developed to be quite a good D man. He won't anchor a teams D at this point, but can be a solid #2. He doesn't have the offense to be more then that. He's worth his contract.
Lmao Z is not even close to top pairing material. If he's on your teams top pair you're in serious trouble

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Lmao Z is not even close to top pairing material. If he's on your teams top pair you're in serious trouble

... Again, That post is responding to someone asking about Hanifin. It's not a comment about Zadorov.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Hanifin was easily a #1/2 post sutter last year. His numbers were great
He did look improved for sure but who else was going to be the flames #2 ? If he continues to progress he will be a good #2 quality D in comparison to D league wide but be used as Calgary’s #1 . Him and Tanev are very solid but neither I’d say are in the top 30 D in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad