Confirmed Trade: [CGY/MTL] Hunter Shinkaruk for Kerby Rychel

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Meh I like this trade for Calgary. Shinkaruk wasnt going to get a real shot here but I think Rychel/Lazar will be battling for 4th line RW. Sounds good to me

Reactions: Deam78

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Really??

Is Shinkaruk a total bust or does he still have hope?

He seemed alright in his limited time but could never force his way onto the top 6 and didn't play a bottom 6 style. And kept getting passed by other prospects.

He could do well in Montreal. They need offense.

Probably a nothing trade for both teams though.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Weren't habs fans really high on Rychel? I thought he played a bunch of games last year and looked good.

Either way what a meh trade. Plekanics did nothing and the two big pieces Montreal got are both already gone from the org.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Weren't habs fans really high on Rychel? I thought he played a bunch of games last year and looked good.

Either way what a meh trade. Plekanics did nothing and the two big pieces Montreal got are both already gone from the org.
Yes Rychel was okay. I liked him. Not mad he is gone either, it's just I have the feeling he could at least battle for a roster spot, which is something that doesn't seem likely for Hunter, whose likely a Rocket for the whole season.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

The big piece was the 2nd round pick.

I liked Shinkaruk in his draft year. We’ll see.

Reactions: King In Glory

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal

I’d rather have Plekanec, Jacob Oloffson, Valiev and Shinkaruk than what the Leafs got from that, i.e nothing...

Reactions: Eastern Shores

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad