Eklund Rumor: CGY - E Kane

Phry

Aug 3, 2016
:laugh: these are the posts I love. I don't think there are teams out there who would want Kane, I know there are teams out there who want Kane. This really is pretty comical at the Kane haters who haven't even seen him the last two years but are going off of what Kane posted on twitter before or the incident Kane got in with a class A **** bag like Dustin Byufglien who is just as big a joke personality wise as Kane is.

Keep dreaming if you think Evander Kane doesn't have substantial value or that "no one" wants Kane. When the first poster said "nobody wants Evander Kane" he clearly meant I personally hate Kane for whatever reason so I'll make a comically false and sad comment that is totally wrong. :laugh:

I don't care what players post on twitter. I don't care what happened in the Jets locker room. Evander Kane has done absolutely nothing wrong while a member of the Sabres in the locker room. His teammates love him. But when a gold digger accuses Kane of sexual assault that's the reason you get these idiotic posts about him.

When it comes to actual hockey and not social media, Kane is a coveted and unique player. I'm not saying Kane is a first liner (he isn't) or that he's a star. What I am saying is that Evander Kane is a 25 year old top 6 winger who brings quite a bit to a team and that's fact.

Kane averages 25 goals per 82 games. Kane has scored 19+ goals 4 times. Kane has scored at a 25+ goal pace 5 times. Kane has scored at a 21+ goal pace every single season of his career aside from his rookie year. That's just his goal scoring aspect. He is one of the best forecheckers in the entire league, is tough, extremely fast and has a positive possession # throughout his career even though he's never played on a playoff team. No one wants Kane? That is one of the most laughable and totally wrong statements I've ever read on here in the almost 8 years posting here.

The only thing you can point to that diminishes his value is his health. Since Kane plays a very heavy game he endures quite a bit of injuries. And even still he's put up 4 19+ goal seasons. He has 455 games of experience and is the ripe old age of 25. Kane will return if he's traded at all a 1st round pick + prospect bare minimum. He possesses a playoff type game and every contender would love to have him. Since 2010 he has the 54th most goals and the 44th best goals per game. He is a proven goal scorer end of discussion. Calgary would instantly become much better with Kane in the lineup. He didn't even score a goal his first 11 games and missed 12 due to injury yet would be 2nd on Calgary in goals and would be first in goals per game on the Flames.

But right, random HF poster says no one wants him and he isn't good so that is obviously the case. Maybe if we add Ristolainen to Kane we can get a Jankowski in return for him :sarcasm:

Has anyone considered what Evander wants? As a person that values Evander as another human being: do you really want to send this NBA-type personality back to Canada?

Further to this; why would the Flames bring in this ****** bag when the team seems to be gelling pretty well?

Seems like it isn't a fit. I bet Anaheim could fit his personality in though. Maybe not his cap hit.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Kane has no value with that contract right now, he would clear waivers. The only was he moves is a cap dump coming back. I don't want him because he is a head case but realistically the best he could land from Calgary would be Wideman and Wideman is not waiving for the Sabres anyhow.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
i think a lot of king fan s regret trading Fasching myself included. I think a offer of kane and Fasching would make most king fans think hard about it. I am starting to warm up to it myself Would buffalo consider Kane Fasching and a 3rd for muzzin ?

I wouldn't say I regret it as wasn't that the McNabb deal plus two 2nds, which turned into Gaborik, which turned into a cup.

I would say I miss him as a Kings Prospect.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Kane has no value with that contract right now, he would clear waivers. The only was he moves is a cap dump coming back. I don't want him because he is a head case but realistically the best he could land from Calgary would be Wideman and Wideman is not waiving for the Sabres anyhow.

He would not clear waivers. He has one year left a deal that carries a fair hit for what he brings on the ice.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
You don't think so? Who claims him?

:laugh:

I completely understand if someone wants to make an argument for why they don't want Kane on their team or what they would be willing to give up in a trade situation but to say no teams in the league would claim him is hilarious. His salary is $6 million however his cap hit is 5.25 for another season and a half which is not too high . At least one of 29 teams would be willing to take that salary in a waiver situation.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
You don't think so? Who claims him?

I imagine the list would be shorter of who wouldn't. I know some would not have cap space but most would try and figure something out.

He would not clear, this is not Mike Richards. This is a 25 year old in his prime whose production has not gone off a cliff.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
:laugh:

I completely understand if someone wants to make an argument for why they don't want Kane on their team or what they would be willing to give up in a trade situation but to say no teams in the league would claim him is hilarious. His salary is $6 million however his cap hit is 5.25 for another season and a half which is not too high . At least one of 29 teams would be willing to take that salary in a waiver situation.

Hell LA has that space till Quick comes back...Pick him up and worry about the space later.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Hell LA has that space till Quick comes back...Pick him up and worry about the space later.

Correct me if im wrong

kane has half a season gone so hes owed 5.2 million so half is 2.6 the rest of the season

quick make 5.8 so half of that is 2.9 roughly *i know he played one game so its close The king saved slightly less then 2.9 million with quick out and kane has 2.6 left were still over 300 k if we got him free

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Correct me if im wrong

kane has half a season gone so hes owed 5.2 million so half is 2.6 the rest of the season

quick make 5.8 so half of that is 2.9 roughly *i know he played one game so its close The king saved slightly less then 2.9 million with quick out and kane has 2.6 left were still over 300 k if we got him free

I don't know enough about all the CBA LTIR stuff but I think Kane was injured at the start the year too

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
He would not clear waivers. He has one year left a deal that carries a fair hit for what he brings on the ice.

Half a point per game, a middling possession forward, offensive tunnel vision, takes bad penalties, and seems to have a lot of locker room issues. Not worth 5.5 mil at all.

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
I'm just imagining the bizarro world in which a guy scores 11 goals in his last 19 games, gets waived, and isn't claimed.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think you just won the award for most delusional post of 2017. This is going to be a tough one to beat. :help:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Kane is a head case but clearly a good player . A non playoff team would deal for him

Vegas is a bad idea for him lol

Nov 24, 2006
Half a point per game, a middling possession forward, offensive tunnel vision, takes bad penalties, and seems to have a lot of locker room issues. Not worth 5.5 mil at all.

I'm just imagining the bizarro world in which a guy scores 11 goals in his last 19 games, gets waived, and isn't claimed.

I think the guy above you answered it well. In a salary cap world, I don't think any team would take a $5.5 million ***hole on their team.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think the guy above you answered it well. In a salary cap world, I don't think any team would take a $5.5 million ***hole on their team.

No one cares if he's an ass as long as he plays well (which he certainly has this year since recovering from that early injury), except for maybe HF posters. See: Kane, Patrick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad