Eklund Rumor: CGY - E Kane

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ok so we have to take a cap dump back, retain salary even though he has another full year left and you put the only thing that really interests the Sabres off the table. :help: we aren't giving Kane away. I don't know why you value the 2017 1st so much, this draft is weak and if you expect to be a playoff team then you aren't going to get a player as good as Kane with it. You can keep Jankowski, he may be a fine player but not what we are looking for in return for Kane. We either want high picks or a top 4 LHD roster player. Not a center prospect who is only 2 years younger then Kane.

I'll gladly keep Kane if we aren't getting a top 4 LHD in return. And I wouldn't mind extending Kane at 5.25-5.5 per. And why are people mentioning $6 mil? His actual salary is irrelevant unless you are a budget team. Cap hit not salary is what matters.

As for the Sabre fans saying there is no room to keep Kane are wrong. Cap is going up a few mil next year, we are losing a lot of dead weight off the roster and Moulson and Ennis will be gone by year 2 of a new Kane contract. $5.5 mil for what he brings is fair value. If he is putting up 25 goals, Good possession, speed, forechecking and physicality then I am all for an extension. He is going to be 26 years old when he hits UFA status and will turn 27 prior to the season starting. He will be in demand due to age and production. Not many top 6 forwards hit UFA status especially ones only 26/27. So even if Kane got a 7 year deal he would only be 33 at the end of it so he will likely still be producing throughout the whole length of the deal.

Not going to lie I didn't bother reading this because after the first couple sentences you appear to think Kane has value and teams want him. This is not the case or he'd have been moved already. A bit of a hot streak doesn't change that he is an overpaid problem child

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Nobody wants Evander Kane.

Not going to lie I didn't bother reading this because after the first couple sentences you appear to think Kane has value and teams want him. This is not the case or he'd have been moved already. A bit of a hot streak doesn't change that he is an overpaid problem child

:laugh: these are the posts I love. I don't think there are teams out there who would want Kane, I know there are teams out there who want Kane. This really is pretty comical at the Kane haters who haven't even seen him the last two years but are going off of what Kane posted on twitter before or the incident Kane got in with a class A **** bag like Dustin Byufglien who is just as big a joke personality wise as Kane is.

Keep dreaming if you think Evander Kane doesn't have substantial value or that "no one" wants Kane. When the first poster said "nobody wants Evander Kane" he clearly meant I personally hate Kane for whatever reason so I'll make a comically false and sad comment that is totally wrong. :laugh:

I don't care what players post on twitter. I don't care what happened in the Jets locker room. Evander Kane has done absolutely nothing wrong while a member of the Sabres in the locker room. His teammates love him. But when a gold digger accuses Kane of sexual assault that's the reason you get these idiotic posts about him.

When it comes to actual hockey and not social media, Kane is a coveted and unique player. I'm not saying Kane is a first liner (he isn't) or that he's a star. What I am saying is that Evander Kane is a 25 year old top 6 winger who brings quite a bit to a team and that's fact.

Kane averages 25 goals per 82 games. Kane has scored 19+ goals 4 times. Kane has scored at a 25+ goal pace 5 times. Kane has scored at a 21+ goal pace every single season of his career aside from his rookie year. That's just his goal scoring aspect. He is one of the best forecheckers in the entire league, is tough, extremely fast and has a positive possession # throughout his career even though he's never played on a playoff team. No one wants Kane? That is one of the most laughable and totally wrong statements I've ever read on here in the almost 8 years posting here.

The only thing you can point to that diminishes his value is his health. Since Kane plays a very heavy game he endures quite a bit of injuries. And even still he's put up 4 19+ goal seasons. He has 455 games of experience and is the ripe old age of 25. Kane will return if he's traded at all a 1st round pick + prospect bare minimum. He possesses a playoff type game and every contender would love to have him. Since 2010 he has the 54th most goals and the 44th best goals per game. He is a proven goal scorer end of discussion. Calgary would instantly become much better with Kane in the lineup. He didn't even score a goal his first 11 games and missed 12 due to injury yet would be 2nd on Calgary in goals and would be first in goals per game on the Flames.

But right, random HF poster says no one wants him and he isn't good so that is obviously the case. Maybe if we add Ristolainen to Kane we can get a Jankowski in return for him :sarcasm:

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Has Eklund actually gotten anything right since the 1st lockout? He is litterally the definition of fake news.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Yeah, "plenty" of players hit and forecheck and I'm sure they are all 20+ goal scorers too :laugh:

Kane would be tied for 2nd on the Flames in goals (even though he has missed 11 games)...oh and he would have the highest gpg on the Flames right now. But yeah, he wouldn't help your team. Oh wait actually he would when it's April and the Flames fluke run has them outside the playoffs.

Fluke run? I wouldn't call it that. they are playing really good right now and if they make the playoffs how is that a fluke? Pretty bad reasoning.. And in one of your other posts you said he never had locker room issues. That is untrue as he has had them lots before. I would love to have him on Calgary if the price wasn't to high. Good hockey player who can score, hit, skate very well, and more sounds like a guy I wouldn't mind having. And if you wanna try and trash the Flames you could kindly take that somewhere else:) or check the standings for that matter.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
If that's true it's amazing what hot streaks do to fair-weather fans

He was a "cap dump" :laugh: in early december.

It's also fun to watch the same person describe him as "only scoring more than 20 goals once" when the hating was going on, to "he's scored at least 19 goals FOUR times", now that Kane is in the midst of an excellent hot streak.

box score fans...

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
He was a "cap dump" :laugh: in early december.

It's also fun to watch the same person describe him as "only scoring more than 20 goals once" when the hating was going on, to "he's scored at least 19 goals FOUR times", now that Kane is in the midst of an excellent hot streak.

box score fans...

haha that is gold...It sounds like my fellow kings fans want nothing to do with him, but I have wanted him for a while now. Before was more low ball offers hoping the Sabers would want to dump him due to off ice crap. He has never come close to cap dump in my eyes. He is a 25 year top 6 scoring winger who can play with a physical edge...I like and want that.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
If I'm Calgary I stay as far away from Kane as possible. Luckily this is Eklund reporting this so the deal probably won't happen.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
haha that is gold...It sounds like my fellow kings fans want nothing to do with him, but I have wanted him for a while now. Before was more low ball offers hoping the Sabres would want to dump him due to off ice crap. He has never come close to cap dump in my eyes. He is a 25 year top 6 scoring winger who can play with a physical edge...I like and want that.

Muzzin for Kane?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Muzzin for Kane?

too much, I would do Martinez.

Maybe if something is added to Kane then Muzzin would be an option.

edit: although I think I am the only Kings fan who would even consider that. So maybe I am just out to lunch

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
too much, I would do Martinez.

Maybe if something is added to Kane then Muzzin would be an option.

edit: although I think I am the only Kings fan who would even consider that. So maybe I am just out to lunch

What would that add have to be? 2nd rounder or a wing prospect?
Fasching doesn't make sense for obvious reasons but Bailey or Baptiste are equivalent if not more valuable than Hudson. So I'd do:

E.Kane + 2nd/Baptiste/Bailey
for
Muzzin

Peter Skudra

Nucks fan since '02
Nov 10, 2013
Seattle with JNelson
:laugh: these are the posts I love. I don't think there are teams out there who would want Kane, I know there are teams out there who want Kane. This really is pretty comical at the Kane haters who haven't even seen him the last two years but are going off of what Kane posted on twitter before or the incident Kane got in with a class A **** bag like Dustin Byufglien who is just as big a joke personality wise as Kane is.

Keep dreaming if you think Evander Kane doesn't have substantial value or that "no one" wants Kane. When the first poster said "nobody wants Evander Kane" he clearly meant I personally hate Kane for whatever reason so I'll make a comically false and sad comment that is totally wrong. :laugh:

I don't care what players post on twitter. I don't care what happened in the Jets locker room. Evander Kane has done absolutely nothing wrong while a member of the Sabres in the locker room. His teammates love him. But when a gold digger accuses Kane of sexual assault that's the reason you get these idiotic posts about him.

When it comes to actual hockey and not social media, Kane is a coveted and unique player. I'm not saying Kane is a first liner (he isn't) or that he's a star. What I am saying is that Evander Kane is a 25 year old top 6 winger who brings quite a bit to a team and that's fact.

It's a little more than that sir, he's had a horrible reputation in his hometown for years.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Not too long ago he was accused of threatening to kill a bouncer and grabbing a woman by the throat. I haven't kept apprised of the situation to know if things moved forward but charged were filed against him. Kane has been a problem in the dressing room in the past, he's been a distraction to him teams and despite being reportedly shopped no one has been willing to trade for him.

Keep telling yourself how much value he has, maybe you will actually believe it yourself because no one else does.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Not too long ago he was accused of threatening to kill a bouncer and grabbing a woman by the throat. I haven't kept apprised of the situation to know if things moved forward but charged were filed against him. Kane has been a problem in the dressing room in the past, he's been a distraction to him teams and despite being reportedly shopped no one has been willing to trade for him.

Keep telling yourself how much value he has, maybe you will actually believe it yourself because no one else does.

You know I can see why his team mates love him, Buffalo seems like a classless organization.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Putting my ill feelings for Kane aside, I think there is a remote chance of a fit but it would need to meet the following requirements:

1. Buffalo would have to eat some cap. This is needed because the Flames are already into their LTIR exemption for Smid.
2. An NHL contract has to go back to Buffalo (Lance Bouma, 2.2 million cap hit with the same remaining term as Kane would be most likely).
3. Our 1st round pick and Mark Jankowski are off limits.
4. Kane has to be okay with playing on what would be the Flames 3rd line. Gaudreau is not moving down in the lineup and Tkachuk, Backlund and Frolik have been the Flames best line. This would leave Kane to play with Bennett and one of Kris Versteeg, Troy Brouwer or Alex Chiasson.

1.) Ok.
2.) We'll take Bouma if it means Brodie is coming back.
3.) ok.
4.) He already playing on the Sabres 3rd line. It's his best place in the line up.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
What would that add have to be? 2nd rounder or a wing prospect?
Fasching doesn't make sense for obvious reasons but Bailey or Baptiste are equivalent if not more valuable than Hudson. So I'd do:

E.Kane + 2nd/Baptiste/Bailey
for
Muzzin

Can I ask what the obvious reason is? I know he was dealt from LA but that more about LA filling a D need than anything against Fasching wasn't it?

As for the deal I do not know a lot about the prospects mentioned. I would think if their value is around a 2nd that would be a pretty close deal.

Still if I were DL I would try and do Martinez not Muzzin.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Can I ask what the obvious reason is? I know he was dealt from LA but that more about LA filling a D need than anything against Fasching wasn't it?

As for the deal I do not know a lot about the prospects mentioned. I would think if their value is around a 2nd that would be a pretty close deal.

Still if I were DL I would try and do Martinez not Muzzin.

Simply because it seems unlikely he'd be traded back to the team he came from to begin with.
I only mentioned him as a reference point for value, since I figured he'd be known to Kings fans and he is comparable to the other two mentioned prospects.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Simply because it seems unlikely he'd be traded back to the team he came from to begin with.
I only mentioned him as a reference point for value, since I figured he'd be known to Kings fans and he is comparable to the other two mentioned prospects.

i think a lot of king fan s regret trading Fasching myself included. I think a offer of kane and Fasching would make most king fans think hard about it. I am starting to warm up to it myself Would buffalo consider Kane Fasching and a 3rd for muzzin ?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
i think a lot of king fan s regret trading Fasching myself included. I think a offer of kane and Fasching would make most king fans think hard about it. I am starting to warm up to it myself Would buffalo consider Kane Fasching and a 3rd for muzzin ?

NO..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad