Confirmed Trade: [CGY/BUF] Michael Frolik for 2020 4th round pick

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Frolik is still a very effective defensive winger. He gives a consistent effort every night and he finished very high in Flames fitness testing before the season.

He’s slowed down over the last few years and his puck skills won’t wow you, but he’s still a solid player to have in your lineup. I’m genuinely sad to see him go.

Reactions: jct45

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
What a dumb trade by Calgary. I'm a Flames fan and unless they think another Gaudreau is gonna be that 4th... They are out of their mind.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
"Damnit Botts, get off your ass and make a trade. Do something, anything, to show you care".... "why did Botts make these trades, he doesnt know what hes doing, he cant win".

Jesus the guy cant win no matter what he does, and I'm not a big supporter, but the bipolar of fandom is awe inspiring.
It's also funny when the fire Botterill thread quiets down and gets buried after a win

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The cap space the Flames got is the most valuable piece of the deal

Frolik is totally replaceable. The pick has some value but not much.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Wouldn't be shocked if he can score 20 for them if they don't bury him like Calgary did.
Frolik hasn’t scored 20+ goals since his sophomore season, a decade ago. He was a good player for us up until this past year, he’s been outplayed by younger players and he hasn’t been happy with his playing time since last season.

Tre did well to get an asset for him.

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
Lol Buffalo's GM flip a 9 pts defensive dman for a 10 pts forward, and loses money with it!

Cruznoost

Feb 6, 2018
I agree with Czarchuk...
“Was a great two way player and helped Backlund and Tkachuk become a top defensive line in the league for a couple of years....”
As a veteran he truly knows the importance of defence from a forward perspective and has been doing a lot of the little things you don’t see too much on scoresheets while producing offensively as well...For the most part, he’s been getting matched up against the leagues top lines for quite a long time and will help some of the youngsters in Buffalo as he did in Calgary, He’s a big part of helping Tkachuk and Backlund’s solid 2way game that we see today...
With all this said, I really do think the change of scenery is gonna spark him right up and truly wish him nothing but the best in finding the game within him that I’m confident he still has...

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Smart move by Flames. Open cap space this year and get a pick for someone they wouldn't re sign

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
So Kreider to the Flames before or after the game?

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Frolik hasn’t scored 20+ goals since his sophomore season, a decade ago. He was a good player for us up until this past year, he’s been outplayed by younger players and he hasn’t been happy with his playing time since last season.

Tre did well to get an asset for him.

Yep. Frolik and Reider have been playing interchangeably this season and we have Mange/Dube coming in to the top 9.

Cruznoost

Feb 6, 2018
I’m curious on what’s your thoughts on what it may take to get Kreider???
And what’s your thoughts on who would benefit us the most Kreider or Toffoli???
While considering what we would have to give to get either of them??
But I’m not gonna lie, I’ve always been wanting to see Hoffman on a back of a Flames jersey...just sayin

johnnystormcgy

May 26, 2007
Good luck to Frolik in Buffalo, I hope he has a great last half of the season.

Dude was warrior for the Flames, his agent was a turd though.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Fro played on our 2nd line a lot. This is a steal by Buffalo.

I loved Fro while he was here, but you're completely ignoring the fact he hasn't looked the same in at least a calendar year. He has 25 points on our second line not that long ago despite being glued to Backlund and Tkachuk.

I hope he bounces back in Buffalo, but to even suggest he's a 2nd liner at this point is questionable.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
I loved Fro while he was here, but you're completely ignoring the fact he hasn't looked the same in at least a calendar year. He has 25 points on our second line not that long ago despite being glued to Backlund and Tkachuk.

I hope he bounces back in Buffalo, but to even suggest he's a 2nd liner at this point is questionable.

The Sabres need middle six players, so he should help regardless.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Fro played on our 2nd line a lot. This is a steal by Buffalo.
That was before he declined, Flames probably get more than a 4th if they retain salary but given that the idea was likely to clear cap space prior to the deadline, I see why they didn't. A 4th to move the whole contract is very good imo

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Whatever he is right now is almost certainly going to improve Buffalo's forward depth. Some scoring would be nice, though.
Sabres are 1-0 since acquiring him, so I think we're onto something here. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad