Confirmed Trade: [CGY/BUF] Michael Frolik for 2020 4th round pick

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
This series of trades wreaks of desperation from a Sabres franchise in a death spiral. Botterill has shown he’s not good enough to get us out of it.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
This series of trades wreaks of desperation from a Sabres franchise in a death spiral. Botterill has shown he’s not good enough to get us out of it.

"Damnit Botts, get off your ass and make a trade. Do something, anything, to show you care".... "why did Botts make these trades, he doesnt know what hes doing, he cant win".

Jesus the guy cant win no matter what he does, and I'm not a big supporter, but the bipolar of fandom is awe inspiring.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
"Damnit Botts, get off your ass and make a trade. Do something, anything, to show you care".... "why did Botts make these trades, he doesnt know what hes doing, he cant win".

Jesus the guy cant win no matter what he does, and I'm not a big supporter, but the bipolar of fandom is awe inspiring.

I’ve never said that. He did need to reset the roster during the summer. He brought back every single player from last year.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Good trade. I think both teams will be happy.

Frolik will benefit from more TOI and a fresh start. Calgary clears up the bottom 6 a bit and gets a 4th

Reider playing well put Calgary in an awkward spot.

Reactions: Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Good trade. I think both teams will be happy.

Frolik will benefit from more TOI and a fresh start. Calgary clears up the bottom 6 a bit and gets a 4th

Reider playing well put Calgary in an awkward spot.
I was wondering if this trade means more playing time for Reider. Reider is the cheaper player too.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I was wondering if this trade means more playing time for Reider. Reider is the cheaper player too.

They're trying him out with Gaudreau. Weird thought and it probably won't last but ya, they like him.

Backlund and Gaudreau are both having gigantic off years so whatever, try out new things.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

Czarnik has been tearing up the AHL since coming back from his high ankle sprain too. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him back up

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Moving him out to open up some capspace to trade for Hall or sign Tkachuk to a long extension.

...wait a minute.

Buffalo, you couldn't have done this prior to Matty signing for 3 years? :(

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Moving him out to open up some capspace to trade for Hall or sign Tkachuk to a long extension.

...wait a minute.

Buffalo, you couldn't have done this prior to Matty signing for 3 years? :(

Would've prefered Tkachuk at 9 million long term over keeping this jabroni for a few more months.

Reactions: coastal

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Thanks for being such a good player for the majority of your time, Frolik.

I think we might take a hit on the PK, but I’m sure we will be alright.

Play hard for Buffalo! Was a great two way player and helped Backlund and Tkachuk become a top defensive line in the league for a couple of years.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Sad to see Frolik go. Flames were in a weird position with too many options and Frolik is likely more desirable to other teams than Janko or Rieder

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Wouldn't be shocked if he can score 20 for them if they don't bury him like Calgary did.

Ledge And Dairy

Before this trade Buffalo was sitting at 73.8% on the PK (3rd last in the league) and Calgary was running 3-4 PK lines a night at 83.8% (4th in the league). Sabres have more then enough defense that can kill penalties but really lacked in effective forwards. Essentially trading Scandella for Frolik should drastically improve their defensive special teams.
This also gives Calgary cap space to work with moving towards the playoffs. IMO I see this as a win for both parties involved

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Makes sense for Buffalo. They needed right wingers and someone who is defensively responsible. I feel like Frolik will get a pretty good look on the team and a chance at a contract (at a much lower cap hit of course).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad