Post-Game Talk: CFL RedBlacks vs Cats East Final Nov 22

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ok, CFL people, is Calgary just really bad, having a really bad game, or is Edmonton THIS good? How do the RedBlacks match up at this point in the season?

Calgary was the unanimous second best team in the league once Collaros on Hamilton went down. Edmonton is really really good the RedBlacks are going to have their hands full. That being said the fact that they are in the game at all is incredible. In 1 game anything can happen!

As a 5 year old my father won seasons tickets in 1988 they didnt win a home game until the last home game of the season I went to all the games...

Its been a long time coming and I think thats why the game the play and the resurgence is just so special.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
As far as opinions on talent goes, Canadian NFL fans are a pretty unknowledgble lot who know little more than the betting lines and general hype as far as pro ball goes in my experience. and any talent disparity is neglidgible based on their view.

American NFL fans and Canadian CFL fans know pro ball. Have never met an American who said anything negative about the CFL ...and their opinions range from curiousity , to weird to "we should adopt that rule"

Less than a thousand tix left for Grey Cup and Esks fans travel well as they throw the best party but luckily some dejected Bombers season tix holders are flooding kijiji with their tickets

A week from today the Ottawa Redblacks will be World Champions

That's a pretty heavy handed generalization to toss around.

I definitely know the type you're referring to you generally just know the betting lines and general hype but that's not a NFL fan thing, that's a sports fan thing. Of course the degenerate gambler type will flock to the NFL, it's the 'best' sport/league for that. Personally, I'm not into that nor are my close friends and family who I watch football with. I'm big into fantasy, but I spit in the general direction of the daily fantasy scam and convinced a lot of friends not to get involved.

So, my anecdote differs from yours. I actually don't know many knowledgeable 'Canadian Football' fans. Just my friend's dad who took us to games back in the Renegades days. I had to explain the concept of a safety and field position to a bunch of season ticket holders at the end of the half yesterday. I know that the people I've been exposed to don't really represent ALL CFL fans though. They're mostly probably in Western Canada and maybe Hamilton, where I don't visit often.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That may have been the best back & forth game I have seen at Lansdown Park in quite some time & I have been a season ticket holder for the last few yrs going back to the Rough Riders. Unfortunately my Tiger Cats lost but played a great game with a 3rd string quarterback & basically lost it on one play when the defensive back fell giving Elingston an opening to take it to the end zone. We also lost the Grey Cup last yr on a clipping penalty. :shakehead

Anyway good luck to the REDBLACKS in the Grey Cup. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad