Post-Game Talk: CFL RedBlacks vs Cats East Final Nov 22

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
been a die hard redblacks supporter since 1993, this is awesome I am totally not a bandwagoner, and Burris isn't my favourite player because his name rhymes with Turris and its the only name I can remember that is so wrong.

Go Redblacks
Go Team!

On a serious note always gotta rep the hometown team even if you don't follow the specific sport, they do so much for your community(hospitals, kids programs, etc) I find it gutless when I see Ottawa born and raised always rooting for another team because its cool.

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
So, is it safe to say that which ever team the RBs faces next week, the RBs won't have the crowd on their side? You know, cause of Winnipeg? Or it should be a 50-50 split?

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
So, is it safe to say that which ever team the RBs faces next week, the RBs won't have the crowd on their side? You know, cause of Winnipeg? Or it should be a 50-50 split?

I think the crowd will be very pro Ottawa.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
been a die hard redblacks supporter since 1993, this is awesome I am totally not a bandwagoner, and Burris isn't my favourite player because his name rhymes with Turris and its the only name I can remember that is so wrong.

Go Redblacks
Go Team!

On a serious note always gotta rep the hometown team even if you don't follow the specific sport, they do so much for your community(hospitals, kids programs, etc) I find it gutless when I see Ottawa born and raised always rooting for another team because its cool.

Such a great point. It's the community you live in, the team does so much for it, and you turn your back on them because cheering for Montreal or Chicago is cool. :laugh:

Wow Redblacks. I had to work :facepalm: so I'm glad I'll get to see them take the field again.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Such a great point. It's the community you live in, the team does so much for it, and you turn your back on them because cheering for Montreal or Chicago is cool. :laugh:

Wow Redblacks. I had to work :facepalm: so I'm glad I'll get to see them take the field again.

Well to be fair teams in Montreal and Chicago do things for their community to :dunno:

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
Crazy entertaining game... so much fun. What a run they've been on this year. Smiling Hank, not the greatest game he's thrown, but when the chips were down, he came up golden.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Yup, fantastic. Damn that was great, I'm seriously going to try to get Grey Cup tics.

FF869BE4-6291-4730-A88C-E08EA8D5515D_zps9ylhoedt.jpg

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Looks like its going to be the RedBlacks vs Edmonton.

Last edited:

Mr_Squeaks

Poor Impulse Control
Jul 2, 2006
Ottawa
Ok, CFL people, is Calgary just really bad, having a really bad game, or is Edmonton THIS good? How do the RedBlacks match up at this point in the season?

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Ok, CFL people, is Calgary just really bad, having a really bad game, or is Edmonton THIS good? How do the RedBlacks match up at this point in the season?

Edmonton has had 3 weeks off with that said there a very good team.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Well to be fair teams in Montreal and Chicago do things for their community to :dunno:

Sure, but the comment was referring to people born and raised in town, cheering against the hometown team that produces money for charities and smiling faces in their own community.

I don't know.. just seems like it's people cheering against their own cause. Then again, it's Ottawa where teens and the like have a shocking lack of pride in their town.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Sure, but the comment was referring to people born and raised in town, cheering against the hometown team that produces money for charities and smiling faces in their own community.

I don't know.. just seems like it's people cheering against their own cause. Then again, it's Ottawa where teens and the like have a shocking lack of pride in their town.

Well I am an out of market fan :p:

I don't really have any local/provincial/national pride though

Last edited:

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
That's a really strange way of looking at sport. You seem to think geography is the most important part of competition.

So, the World Cup comes around and you ignore that because Ottawa or Canada isn't represented? The Stanley Cup final is on and New York and Chicago are the teams, and you have no interest in seeing the highest level of play?

The NFL is a vastly superior product. I love my RedBlacks but I could barely name you a single player on another CFL team. Even the RB's great season doesn't have me interested in the slightest in watching a CFL game if Ottawa isn't playing. The level of talent and coaching is sometimes laughably terrible in the CFL compared to a NFL game. They are very different obviously and one is a multibillion dollar industry while the other is a little league where guys get paid less than garbage men, but if you like football, you're going to want to watch the NFL over the CFL. I'm also really bummed about the scheduling, my Sunday always revolves around watching all the NFL games at once. I hope they don't do this with the Grey Cup.

Ironically I find your perspective to be the truly strange one.

I cheer for sports teams because they're the societally acceptable replacement for war between communities. It fills the void of actual combat with a bloodless battle for pride and (perceived) supremacy. My people vs. your people for all the marbles (trophy) etc... That's the psychological (and historical) point of sports anyways.

For me, it has nothing to do with the relative quality of the players. If they suit up with a uniform that bears my place's name, they have my support and none other. That's not to say I don't enjoy watching sports casually, but to actively ignore the local product for something from someplace else just because the so-called 'quality' is better?... Not saying you do of course since I think you said you'd rather be watching the Redblacks.

In my mind, if you look at sport the way you described, we really are just a bunch of idiots getting excited and wasting our time watching millionaires chase balls around a pitch... ;)

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Ottawa lost to Edmonton in both games this season by a combined score of 69 to 29. So, realistically.....Edmonton is probably a heavy favourite.

But I've been re-watching Friday Night Lights and judging by the life lessons Coach Taylor has taught me, Ottawa could probably win.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Anyways, I was at the game and have never had a better time at a pro sports game in my life.

Unbelievable atmosphere. That Ellingson catch will go down as one of the greatest moments in Ottawa sports history no doubt about it.

On to the Grey Cup! The title Champion of Canada awaits!

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa lost to Edmonton in both games this season by a combined score of 69 to 29. So, realistically.....Edmonton is probably a heavy favourite.

But I've been re-watching Friday Night Lights and judging by the life lessons Coach Taylor has taught me, Ottawa could probably win.

If Burris goes down, Matt Saracen will lead us to glory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad