Post-Game Talk: CFL RedBlacks vs Cats East Final Nov 22

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Now most of you know, I always say Foosbal would be great if it were Hockey! :nod:

But being Ottawa Proud, I’m jumping on the Bandwagon, when I say Go RedBlacks Go :popcorn:

Let’s beat the Ti-Cats, and off to the Grey Cup we go! :yo:

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
1981 is the last time the Rough Riders somewhat were great. Funny things is they were 5-11.

The Rouge et Noire potentially do something great in 2 years...

It will be fun to watch. Stoked that we are hosting the game too.

Funny what a strong local ownership and a cap team strategy will do for the home team eh???

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
Can't. Wait.

Great energy at the games... even watching from the West-Endzone condo. Beer is much cheaper too (free, thanks dad-in-law!)...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Biggest sporting event in our city since Sens SCF games?

Id say so.... I have had seasons for two years what a party this is gonna be. Hopefully they pull off the W. They are 6.5 point favorites... Makes me nervous wish it was a pick em.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Biggest sporting event in our city since Sens SCF games?

Without a doubt.

I'd say the most important events for Ottawa teams in the past 30+ years (in order) have been:

2007: Sens SCF
2015: Redblacks EF
1981: Rough Riders Grey Cup Final
2003: Sens ECF

We went quite a spell there without anything to cheer about didn't we...

Last edited:

Mr_Squeaks

Poor Impulse Control
Jul 2, 2006
Ottawa
Beat Hamilton? Yup, did it.
Beat them a second time? Yup, did that too.
Beat them a third time? Off to the finals - that sounds like a good weekend. :)

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
To be honest my deterioration of watching the CFL, in parallel to my increase in watching the Senators, has led me to become less of a Roughriders fan and more of a RedBlacks fan. Partly because as a Sens fan I see parallels between the Riders fan base and the Habs and Leafs fan bases. Although I wouldn't characterize the Riders fan base as being as bad because they don't have the history to hold on to, and the media isn't a member of it, there is definitely some annoying big fanbase mentality in there. I probably would say I don't have a favourite team, but just teams I like with Ottawa and Saskatchewan at the top tier.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I still can't wrap by brain around the concept of our second year franchise possibly going to the Grey Cup....or even getting to the Eastern final. Such a massive turnaround compared to last year.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, I managed to get a ticket for this one, very much looking forward to it. My first ever playoff game since I moved here 30 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad