OT: CF Montreal Thread - Civics, welcome to HFCFM Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
I love these little mini narratives that emerge between teams. It’s like when we got Browne, the guy that wrecked TFC in the CCL singlehandedly.

Makes it fun and it’s just petty enough to feel like a real rivalry.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Predictions for tomorrow? Honestly we better win. Miami is very beatable.

I'd like to see Wanyama on the bench for rest, same for Quioto. Why not a 4-3-3?

Lassi Johnsen Torres
Mihalovic Piette Hamdi
Kizza Miller Camacho Bahiya
Pantemis
Stop trolling we are playing Miami not Forge. You just don't bench your DM for a league game to give him a 'rest' (especially when he is your best player since the start). Have you ever seen Casemiro, Kante, Busquets on the bench ? Or even Bradley in Toronto ? I rest my case

If Nancy wants to keep his job he knows better. Also no reason to bench Diop. I'd like to see more Pantemis but can't break Diop's rhythm

I'd like to see Waterman. He gave Higuain some major problems last time they faced each other. Higuain is not static he likes to stand out by operating from the flanks which gives his teammates space. Careful

Finally my right back/wb will be Torres

Lassi Quioto
Mihailovic
Kizza-Wanyama-Sejdic-Torres
Miller-Camacho-Waterman

On a personal note can't wait to f*** off from this city

Scottish Hab

Mar 2, 2018
Glasgow
I guess it's all part of a greater '' let's make everything super bland and corporate'' strategy.

Some of the MLS (mainly US) club names have seemed a bit daft and maybe would benefit from a refresh, aye am lookin' at you Real Salt Lake, but in this case I really don't see what they've achieved here bar piss their own fans off.

I assume this is part of the MLS attempt to move into the global football consciousness, rather than being seen as a soccer version of the 'big 4' North American sports.

To give an example, CF Montreal is much more natural to the eye for me (as a fan of club operating in the UEFA-sphere), despite the fact I had no issue with the name Montreal Impact. So this is probably down to subconcious bias, being immerised in a football world full of FC, CF & AC's.

Though if the league really is purposely driving this as a strategy, they also risk losing a part of the identity of the clubs who have taken the MLS to a level where they can have these considerations in the first place.

You can often gain an insight into the history / heritage of a club by a quirk in the name.

As an aside, I do think the old Montreal badge was better. If they were dead set on changing the name, then they should have retained the badge and swapped the 'Impact' for 'CF', it would have been a cracker. Think I still have the lovely all blue 2014 era shirt kickin about here somewhere..

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020

Pantemis, Piette, Hamdi IN
Sejdic, Diop, Wanyama OUT

Nice lineup. Wanyama not even in the 18 so guess they're giving him a nice long rest.

I really think Lassi - Johnsen - Quioto can do some damage, but Johnsen has to be a threat so defenders can't just close down on Quioto.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Really looking forward to seeing what Hamdi and Mihailovic can do together in a full match. The few minutes they had before were really promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino