OT: CF Montreal thread: Cement Feet, Can't Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
To add insult on top, Miami really sucks. It's not even losing against a good team, Miami can barely play at the MLS level right now.
It’s a complete embarrassment and classic Montreal loss. We’ll see what Nancy is capable of. This is a big test, 3 straight boneheaded losses we could’ve easily taken points from each

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
It's not that complicated. It starts from the back end and goes out. For various reasons, we've been asking Waterman and Bassong to do things that they have no business doing which is start a game. They could start the odd game here or there but not consistently. We're also asking too much of Wanyama as it's clear he is not physically and mentally there right now. He missed several very easy passes just a few minutes into the game and it was downhill from there.

Don't blame Camacho on the 2nd goal. Yes he was the final person that gave it away but there were 3 or 4 guys who are more to blame as they all put eachother and finally Camacho in an impossible spot.

Thankfully at least Miller is coming back though he's played hard minutes. Not sure what the hell they're doing with Struna and the 19 year old we don't know what we're getting with him.

I said at the beginning of the year that the team was unbalanced. Too many midfielders/attackers and not enough defenders and here we are. There are several guys taking up spots that should be moved to bring in different players. Who knows though if that will actually happen.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Never mind, I got it ;)
Gonzalez+1.gif

He must have given up on him too :o

Sorry boys. On vacation. Snuck in a few moments to watch part of the game, but didn't really watch much.

But the gif lives on baby!

Reactions: ArtPeur

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
I’m as disappointed as you all about the last 3 games but I’m not afraid for the rest of the season.

Once we get permanently one of Struna and Miller back (ideally both), we will go back to being one of the best D’s in the league. Like I said a few weeks back, Waterman and Bassong are alright patching a temporarily hole, but we had no other options.

Also, it’s time Toye gets some more pressure. Right now he’s way too comfortable in his « guaranteed starter » role that he seems much less focused. Competing with Quioto for that spot will be good for him.

Reactions: Dominator13

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I’m as disappointed as you all about the last 3 games but I’m not afraid for the rest of the season.

Once we get permanently one of Struna and Miller back (ideally both), we will go back to being one of the best D’s in the league. Like I said a few weeks back, Waterman and Bassong are alright patching a temporarily hole, but we had no other options.

Also, it’s time Toye gets some more pressure. Right now he’s way too comfortable in his « guaranteed starter » role that he seems much less focused. Competing with Quioto for that spot will be good for him.
if the news is true that struna, isn't playing because of the restrictions related to his decision not to be vaccinated, he needs to be traded yesterday. talk about a selfish POS. Team absolutely needed him.
Not a team player. dude needs to understand the difference between inconvenienced and oppressed

Last edited:

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Pantemis must have saved the 2nd goal. If you got a piece of the ball, you should be able to save it. This is a goal you see at amateur level not professional level.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
A lot of tickets available left for Wednesday's game. I used to remember when it was difficult to get tickets. Zero buzz.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Meh, I get what the org. is trying to do, but you have to be realistic when you analyse this. Does the team have the horses to play this way? No. But you're trying to instill a culture on the pitch and that's fine.

Players make mistakes, but you also need to put it in the right context.

Fans (including players and ex-players) will sometimes overrate their team's ability, and overlook maybe that they're asked to do something that maybe isn't realistic footballistically speaking.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Amazing the amount of shit the USA and Mexico get away with vs each other in the box. Canada didn’t get away with this. The f***ing bought ref was constantly checking VAR. f*** concacaf

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Meh, I get what the org. is trying to do, but you have to be realistic when you analyse this. Does the team have the horses to play this way? No. But you're trying to instill a culture on the pitch and that's fine.

Players make mistakes, but you also need to put it in the right context.

Fans (including players and ex-players) will sometimes overrate their team's ability, and overlook maybe that they're asked to do something that maybe isn't realistic footballistically speaking.

I think the team needs to be less predictable, and sometimes play long a bit to release some pressure and keep the opponent on its toes.

But you can't blame the system for the Camacho Blunder IMO.

Subban signed e5

Jun 21, 2012
Who would be the top three Impact/CF players since the team has entered MLS?
My list
Ignacio Piatti was probably a top three player in MLS for quite some time.
Marco Di Vaio, Aside from one season of Drogba, comfortably our best striker in the MLS
Laurent Ciman? not really certain on this one but I feel the other two are pretty easy, I might be forgetting someone.

I would love to see the lists of some people who have followed the team more closely then I have.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Who would be the top three Impact/CF players since the team has entered MLS?
My list
Ignacio Piatti was probably a top three player in MLS for quite some time.
Marco Di Vaio, Aside from one season of Drogba, comfortably our best striker in the MLS
Laurent Ciman? not really certain on this one but I feel the other two are pretty easy, I might be forgetting someone.

I would love to see the lists of some people who have followed the team more closely then I have.

Piatti, Bernier and Drogba for me.

Di Vaio was good, but Drogba had a much bigger influence on the team. It's not in the same magnitude. Bernier went to the all-star game in 2013. He was a staple on the Impact, a captain and a local star player. He's not a big international all-star, but he deserves to be in the top3. Too bad Klopas and Marsh (for most of his stint, although he started to grasp how good Bernier was later in the season) didn't see his value on the pitch.

Bernier's performance vs. Toronto at Stade Saputo in the playoffs was one for the ages.

You could make a case for Di Vaio and Ciman, both were very good. Ciman's first season was outstanding. Talent-wise, Dzemaili could be on the list too. He had a powerful strike. Too bad he left for family reasons.

Last edited:

Subban signed e5

Jun 21, 2012
Piatti, Bernier and Drogba for me.

Di Vaio was good, but Drogba had a much bigger influence on the team. It's not in the same magnitude. Bernier went to a couple of all-star games IIRC. He was a staple on that team. He was a captain and a local star player. He's not a big international all-star, but he deserves to be in the top3. Too bad Klopas and Marsh (for most of his stint, although he started to grasp how good Bernier was later in the season) didn't see his value on the pitch.

You could make a case for Di Vaio and Ciman, both were very good. Ciman's first season was outstanding. Talent-wise, Dzemaili could be on the list too. He had a powerful strike. Too bad he left for family reasons.
I knew I was forgetting someone! Bernier is a very good pick, and I would definitely agree with him over Ciman. Drogba was definitely more box office then MDV, no doubt. Drogba had an incredible run, but it ended quite badly with us if I recall, he was complaining on the bench and was quite a diva. Obviously a very talented player, and the best time to be an impact fan besides the Champions League run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad