OT: CF Montreal thread: Cement Feet, Can't Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Sounds like something is up with Struna that’s personal and not vaccine related. If so, I take back my frustration, apologize and hope he gets through it

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think the team needs to be less predictable, and sometimes play long a bit to release some pressure and keep the opponent on its toes.

But you can't blame the system for the Camacho Blunder IMO.
It's not really the system at fault, but the philosophy. Camacho was not put in a good position. It's not one player's fault, it's just the culmination of trying to build from the back when the odds of success are low.

What I'm saying, if you're gonna die on that hill, then make sure to put things in context and not blame the players for not executing something that very very few MLS clubs do. If any...

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
To be fair, Piscu never had the chance to play (forever injured) and the German gk should have never played. Is the little fatso, Novillo? :laugh:

Or Maxi Rodriguez :sarcasm:

I can’t for my life remember his name. He was here for like a season or a season and half. Played attacking mid. Scored once, maybe twice. Is from south america.

He was somewhat promising at first.

After the Impact, he went club hopping and there were reports of him being too fat to play

edit: Ontivero

Reactions: ArtPeur

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
My worst 3, Novillo, Heath Pearce and Krol lol (that polish LB).
Lol Krol was awful and this old tweet of his

CNw8_UZWUAA2m8Y

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Galatasaray will release Falcao later on today. We should announce him already... that will at least restore my interest for IMFC even if for one year. At least I know he will join MLS 99% according to a reliable hearsay. We have been in need of an elite clinical finisher since 2016 it's ridiculous.

Nancy deserves a better squad

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Who would be the top three Impact/CF players since the team has entered MLS?
My list
Ignacio Piatti was probably a top three player in MLS for quite some time.
Marco Di Vaio, Aside from one season of Drogba, comfortably our best striker in the MLS
Laurent Ciman? not really certain on this one but I feel the other two are pretty easy, I might be forgetting someone.

I would love to see the lists of some people who have followed the team more closely then I have.

On paper it's Drogba, Wanyama and Dzemaili it's not even close.

On the field it's Di Vaio, Piatti, Mapp. Honorable mentions to Oduro and Quioto though. In a few years I'll add VW to the list. I could add Bernier but he is too much of attention whore.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It's not really the system at fault, but the philosophy. Camacho was not put in a good position. It's not one player's fault, it's just the culmination of trying to build from the back when the odds of success are low.

What I'm saying, if you're gonna die on that hill, then make sure to put things in context and not blame the players for not executing something that very very few MLS clubs do. If any...
Kamal Miller and Kiki Struna are big upgrades in the back over Bassong and Waterman (CPL level). We had far less problems with those three playing every game. I like Bassong as an attacking wingback taking Lassi's place while he is injured. Kizza can be a good alternative at times. Choiniere and ZBG can rotate on the right side and go with the hot hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuebecPride

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Personally I blame Camacho on that one. He has the technical ability to handle the ball a lot as a CB, but he is way too confident in his abilities. And that's when it bites him. Destouches on the last XI MTL said he would not keep him around after his contract and thought people (Lord notably) were praising him too much. I'm of the same opinion. He was reliable, at first this year, but now he's back to his old self.

I say good riddance. Miller can't come back soon enough.

PS: keep in mind that Nancy probably has a very good relationship with Bernier, so it's normal to see him defend Nancy vs. Camacho.

GammaAway

Jun 24, 2020
On paper it's Drogba, Wanyama and Dzemaili it's not even close.

On the field it's Di Vaio, Piatti, Mapp. Honorable mentions to Oduro and Quioto though. In a few years I'll add VW to the list. I could add Bernier but he is too much of attention whore.

No love for Nesta?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Sooo much tickets left for tomorrow.

Looks I will try to maybe go then. There is just 0 buzz around the team atm. Atlanta are a good team, which reminds me of when I bumped into J.Martinez, Hector Villalba with another unknown a few years ago on Rene Levesque St. and took their time to spoke with us. Not a fan of Atlanta nor Josef but made me respect the human alot.

But yeah back to Impact, they gotta do something because its too dead rn.

No love for Nesta?

You are right, I completely forgot and he was one of my favorite players. :facepalm: Definitely a top 3 in terms of names. In his last season at Milan, he was still one of the best CBs worldwide but in MTL in his 2nd year... Honestly he is in my top 3 CBs of all time. Probably the best CB of all time...

And if there is really a top 3 worst players gotta be
Novillo
Vargas
Bojan, the worst of the worst

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I was about to write, "Typically American" but then asked myself how many jabronis north of the 49th made the same mistake. My answer was not kind to my fellow Canucks.

I can't recall what question it was or quite exactly the context, but I remember being ashamed of a question asked by Montréal journalist to Schweinsteiger, something along the line of 'Was it one of the biggest win in your career?' (to have beaten the Impact in a comeback). Schweinsteiger had won absolutely everything there was to win with Bayern Munich and Germany upon his arrival in Chicago, so yeah, we do also have our share of unknowledgeable journalists.

It might also have been something like, 'How excited are you for your first Champion's league match'? citing the CCL.

I believe when Beckham still played for LAG and the game was hosted at the Stade Olympique, a gossip journalist (I believe Varda Étienne) asked for an autograph on a pair of boxers during the post-game presser. :help:

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I can't recall what question it was or quite exactly the context, but I remember being ashamed of a question asked by Montréal Journalist to Schweinsteiger, something along the line of 'Was it one of the biggest win in your career?' (to have beaten the Impact in a comeback). Schweinsteiger had won absolutely everything there was to win with Bayern Munich and Germany upon his arrival in Chicago, so yeah, we do also have our share of unknowledgeable journalists.

I believe when Beckham still played for LAG and the game was hosted at the Stade Olympique, a gossip journalist (I believe Varda Étienne) asked for an autograph on a pair of boxers. :help:

I bet she made a mistake in her translation. She wanted a photograph of him modelling in boxers.

:o

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Galatasaray will release Falcao later on today. We should announce him already... that will at least restore my interest for IMFC even if for one year. At least I know he will join MLS 99% according to a reliable hearsay. We have been in need of an elite clinical finisher since 2016 it's ridiculous.

Nancy deserves a better squad

I said 99% yesterday now make it 100% now. stay tuned on which team it might be...

#10 is available for us right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad