Central Division Race Part II [warning in the OP and #355]

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I absolutely give them credit for having a good team, and have never done otherwise. I take exception to the Wild being an "afterthought" last playoffs, when they absolutely weren't is all. The Wild were giving the Hawks all they could handle last year in the 2nd round, then Kane bailed you guys out almost singlehandedly (such a clutch playoff performer).

The Wild were an afterthought last playoffs. I'm sorry to break this to you but they were. No one was afraid of the Wild. No one expected them to make or win the Stanley Cup except optimistic Wild fans. They are not such an afterthought THIS year if this is any consolation to you.

But that they were an afterthought last year was a big reason the games were as tight as they were. The Hawks invested a lot of emotion and energy into getting past the Blues the previous round and just kind of went through the motions against the Wild and had trouble getting up for the games in the same way. And like the other Hawks poster said upthread, Crawford had just as much to do with the Hawks beating the Wild as Kane did.

The Wild last year were certainly pesky and annoying but they were like a bad cold you took a little longer to get over than you would have liked, not anything you feared as if it could be a fatal illness to your Stanley Cup hopes.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
Holy ****... can we please give the Wild fans there own thread. If they pump their own tires anymore they might explode. Just calm down... you'll know if your team is any good in a few weeks.

Settle down. Wild fans are just the most excited to even be part of this conversation. Look where the team was a little over two months ago. We feel like we have already been playing playoff hockey, so we are pretty excited.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The Wild last year were certainly pesky and annoying but they were like a bad cold you took a little longer to get over than you would have liked, not anything you feared as if it could be a fatal illness to your Stanley Cup hopes.

What the Jets will be like this year. They'll play a style that can knock of one of those teams with a higher seed that doesn't play a style suited for the playoffs, unfortunately for them, there isn't a team like that in the West right now. Preds, Ducks, Hawks, and Blues all play a very playoff style game, unlike the Avs last season.

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
Settle down. Wild fans are just the most excited to even be part of this conversation. Look where the team was a little over two months ago. We feel like we have already been playing playoff hockey, so we are pretty excited.

Where the team was two months ago is a perfect reminder of why Wild fans should be less arrogant.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Where the team was two months ago is a perfect reminder of why Wild fans should be less arrogant.

Arrogant implies that Wild fans are running around saying the Wild are going to win the cup. All I see here is Wild fans saying the team can compete with anyone.

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
Arrogant implies that Wild fans are running around saying the Wild are going to win the cup. All I see here is Wild fans saying the team can compete with anyone.

Yeah I think the term arrogant could be used a little more generally than that. I am as impressed with the Wild as a lot of you are I'm sure. They are a very underrated team that should not be taken lightly by anyone. We will all find out how good they are shortly. This thread has gotten a little out of hand with all the "you better respect my team or else" talk though.

Last edited:

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
The Wild have actually won a series....the Blues didn't. That makes the Blues more of the afterthought, wouldn't you think?

I'm not saying the Wild accomplished anything here, I'm just pointing out that the Blues haven't either.

All the Blues have done is proven they know how to play regular season hockey...nothing more.

The Blues would have beat the Avs in 3 games last year. I promise you.

Good job though!

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Holy ****... can we please give the Wild fans there own thread. If they pump their own tires anymore they might explode. Just calm down... you'll know if your team is any good in a few weeks.

I support this 100 percent. It's like they take shifts.

FWIW, this "Talon" fella has been pretty level headed most of the time.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'd prefer to just fly under the radar. I've been on these boards long enough to know that if you pump the tires too much, it usually backfires on ya. And as a Wild fan, the other shoe usually drops at some point.

Just enjoy the ride. The Central is so tough that most teams aren't even a lock to make the damn postseason at this point. And when the playoffs start, it's anybody's game. You SHOULD fear most teams.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Like to see what the Blues can do entering the playoffs healthy for once. I think they are preserving energy this regular season. They haven't been playing nearly all out this year compared the past 3 years. They played angry a few times this year and that's the team I expect when the playoffs start.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
No, we're just waiting for the roller coaster to stop.

First goal was to get back to the playoffs. Next one is to clinch the top three. Next is to win our first division title in franchise history.

THEN we focus on the playoffs.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The division is good, but apparently it brings out the worst in the fans... :facepalm:
Hockey fans are passionate about the game and about their teams. With how tight things have been in this division....the stress of it all....we were all bound to drop the gloves at some point.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Hockey fans are passionate about the game and about their teams. With how tight things have been in this division....the stress of it all....we were all bound to drop the gloves at some point.

We can "drop the gloves," but not here. We have rules against that and all.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Absolutely. Wasn't suggesting anything by it......perhaps I used the wrong term. :laugh: Wouldn't be the first time.

No worries.

We can hate each other on the ice and still be cool with each other off the ice, right? :)

That's kind of how I've operated for a while now. I've gotten into fights with good friends, and then we just sort of take the pads off and have a beer after. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad