44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
JVR - MayRay - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
XXX - McClement - Kulemin
XXX - Smith - XXX

3rd line winger options: Leivo/Broll/Ashton/D'amigo
4th line winger options: (anybody from above who doesn't make it), Orr, McLaren Ross, Devane, Bodie.

Best possible line-up IMO (at least raymond played on our top line for a few games with some success...)

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
The Colborne trade was a necessary one. He wasn't good enough to stick on the team out of training camp, and he wasn't going to make it through waivers. If we had kept him up on the team, it would essentially be telling him that his crappy play is good enough. He needed a kick in the butt and trading him was the best way to do so.

Right, if Colborne couldn't win a spot on his last waiver chance what confidence could the organization have in him? Makes me wsh that a centre would have been taken with one of the Biggs, Percy, Finn picks.

Rob11

Nov 9, 2012
Lupul-JVR-Kessel
Kulemin-Kadri-Clarkson
Raymond-McClement-Broll
McLaren-Smith-Orr

Yikes.. You move someone who's not a centre as the number 1?

Not exactly a lot of other options unless we do a trade.

Yes but moving JVR who is not a center to the number 1 center position is not a smart move.

If he was to move to center it would be best to slot him down the line up and play less minutes.. if that was the move they chose to make of course.

Choosing to play first or even second line minutes with not an actual center would be a costly mistake.

Rob11

Nov 9, 2012
Jussi Jokinen anyone? Guy's a capable stopgap scoring line center. When you're healthy, shift him over to wing.

I dont know if we could get a guy who currently has 7 goals, 3 assists for 10 points in 15 games without giving up assets which i dont think we can afford to do with two of our quality guys already gone.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Here's some options I'd like:

1) Cody Franson, Nikolai Kulemin for Sean Couturier, Eric Wellwood.

2) Trade an expendable prospect/late pick for Dustin Jeffrey.

3) Korbinian Holzer/Kevin Marshall for Stephane Da Costa.

4/5) Trade an expendable prospect/late pick for Cory Emmerton.

4/5) Trade an expendable prospect/late pick for Scott Gomez.

6) Korbinian Holzer/Kevin Marshall for Ben Street.

7) Korbinian Holzer/Kevin Marshall for Zach Hamill.

Peter Holland and Brandon Pirri are also young ceners that I'd like to have, but not sure what we can trade for them.

Last edited:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Right, if Colborne couldn't win a spot on his last waiver chance what confidence could the organization have in him? Makes me wsh that a centre would have been taken with one of the Biggs, Percy, Finn picks.

Trade them now for a centre?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Here's some options I'd like:

1) Cody Franson, Nikolai Kulemin for Sean Couturier, Eric Wellwood.

2) Trade an expendable prospect/late pick for Dustin Jeffrey.

3) Korbinian Holzer/Kevin Marshall for Stephane Da Costa.

4/5) Trade an expendable prospect/late pick for Cory Emmerton.

4/5) Trade an expendable prospect/late pick for Scott Gomez.

6) Korbinian Holzer/Kevin Marshall for Ben Street.

7) Korbinian Holzer/Kevin Marshall for Zach Hamill.

Peter Holland and Brandon Pirri are also young ceners that I'd like to have, but not sure what we can trade for them.

Thanks, but, no to Gomez.

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Raymond - JVR - Kessel (Speed, speed speed!)
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Kulemin - McClemment - "Leivo"?
Orr - Smith - Mclaren

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Thanks, but, no to Gomez.

If it only cost an expendable prospect or a late pick, I think he would be a decnet acquisition. A center with experience and leadership, has a Stanley Cup and 149 playoff games. Can produce a little bit of offense, good defensive game and on the PK. Would be a decent stop gap for our 2nd/3rd line center position. When everybody return, we can keep him as a depth player.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
Colborne trade was necessary. He was terrible during training camp and honestly, he hasn't done **** in Calgary either. Did anyone notice him during our game against Calgary? Nope.

We have **** depth at C. Some knee jerk trade isn't going to help us.

We still have no idea what we have on D. Some nights we have nhl quality and some we have AHL. Trading Franson or gards is a mistake.

I would tough it out until bozak comes back. Not everyone has Stacked C like ROR, statsny and MacK or carter, Richards,kopitar.

Last edited:

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
We're ****ed

Even healthy are C's are meh , now with 2 injured we have nothing on the farm that can help us .

Nonis has little choice but to try to trade for one and no ones going to help us out . I just hope he doesn't get bent over too badly .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad