Center Options

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So, Bolland looks like he will be out a while, and Bozak can't come back until Nov 21 at minimum.

So we have Kadri, Smith, and McClement. Who do we get as our 4th center?

We can call up McKegg, or sign Smithson to an NHL deal (if we have the room)

But what other options are out there?

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Other options seem to be Crescenzi or Carrick. HF has Abbott listed as a center? Not sure if he still plays that.

Are we able to do that emergency recall thing with either Gauthier or CV or Rupert?

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
We are screwed...simple as that. We need someone who can provide some offence. So i guess Kegger is the best option...

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
This is exactly why Colborne never should have been traded. It's amazing how people can lack simple foresight of depth. They could have kept him on the roster instead of Ashton so they could have someone better than useless at center in case of injuries.

If Bolland is out long-term, they should think about picking up someone that's at least a 3rd liner.

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
The Colborne trade was a necessary one. He wasn't good enough to stick on the team out of training camp, and he wasn't going to make it through waivers. If we had kept him up on the team, it would essentially be telling him that his crappy play is good enough. He needed a kick in the butt and trading him was the best way to do so.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
Did Gardiner ever play C? Not sure why this would be suggested TBH. I think JVR gets a look eventually. Kadri is quiet again with Kessel and JVR. Try Kessel JVR ______, Kadri Lupul _____, etc.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Exactly why I didn't like the Colborne trade. If Nonis has one blemish on his GM card, it may be this one.

You're miffed about trading away a guy who was 5 grades less than useless in every chance he had, but getting rid of a guy who scored 29 goals and is PPG this season, you have no problem with?
That's ok, Bozie will rescue us.

Penalty Kill Icing*

**** **** **** ****!! That is my reaction.

Leafs just put Bozak on LTIR today. :(

Bolland needs surgery per Bobby Mac. I can digest the loss but are we doomed or what? :cry:

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Lupul-JVR-Kessel
Kulemin-Kadri-Clarkson
Raymond-McClement-Broll
McLaren-Smith-Orr

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
I thought they were going to keep Colborne for just this reason. Watch Nonis have to use that 4th round pick to get help at center.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You're miffed about trading away a guy who was 5 grades less than useless in every chance he had, but getting rid of a guy who scored 29 goals and is PPG this season, you have no problem with?
That's ok, Bozie will rescue us.

-20, 18 points, in 55 games just to be accurate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad