Center Options

Penalty Kill Icing*

I checked intermission of both Dallas and Boston feed, and I found nothing. No mention of it on twitter too.

Can anyone else confirm?

leafstilldeath*

If it's not a real legit #1 C than forget it!

:yo::yo::yo:

We are fine with C position.

Once bozo the clown is back we will have

kadri
McCelement
Bozo
Smith

I just hope Nonis doesn't send picks or Gards for a C. Unless that C is an upgrade on the Cs we have do not want that trade

Mr Scarface*

I checked intermission of both Dallas and Boston feed, and I found nothing. No mention of it on twitter too.

Can anyone else confirm?
It was a feed. A stream is what they call them. Not from Jupiter.
They was those two well known broadcasters who are every day on television..... I can't understand this. After the second period I watched it... it was very real and they quoted Dreger.
A stream it was and from the internet here. Boston - Dallas firestrow. Really interesting stuff and long they talked about it

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
sopranos said:
It isn't just some reason we have to wonder... it's a real easy thing psychologically to understand. Opponents like edmonton (young soft team with tender plays) and calgary (young fresh team that has outkasted players who didn't become men in toronto)... we are a very manly team. Real men play here. They look the part. Even on the bench. Opposite the team like edmonton... they have people who are still (finding themselves as human beings...) Searching for themselves as players and as in human beings and sexual beings. We got players like Orr, McLaren, Clarkson and Bolland... come on. These are men playing this fun sport. Just putting that puck and body where it needs to be. Having fun and enjoying the action in this sport.

To me its not surprising at all that we have that certain type of layd back game against edmonton and calgary. These Men now that we just have to be there against these young fools who still search the meaning of life and we still got a chance to win even with just standing around and looking. We're that good and hard. Edmonton's young players just run around and look for themselves. Orr and Mclaren already know who they are.

Then comes the game against Penguins. That team has won the cup and is a winner team. We show up and want to compete. They got speed and skill so our players be like... we gotta hit that sucker hard and collect that ****. Handle that **** there. Against characters and tough teams our team is more ready. Against edmonton and calgary and florida our team is like.... I might just keep this beard and not even shave it. Look at those young guys... they still drink milk. I am not surprised at all. We got a real hard ass team led by the biggest hard ass of them all. You got to understand that it was a long time coming.... now we have a real men's team again. I'm really proud and glad of that there.

wise words from a wise man

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
If it's not a real legit #1 C than forget it!

Do you really think a team is going to give up on its top centre? Come on now, I can't even think of the last time a team unloaded its top centre and this is going back the past 20 years or so. No, its not happening, if anything we'll likely get a 3rd liner who can play Bolland's minutes and allow Mcclement to slink back down to the 4the 4th line.

Leafs For Life*

Do you really think a team is going to give up on its top centre? Come on now, I can't even think of the last time a team unloaded its top centre and this is going back the past 20 years or so. No, its not happening, if anything we'll likely get a 3rd liner who can play Bolland's minutes and allow Mcclement to slink back down to the 4the 4th line.

Joe Thornton, to a lesser extent guys like Seguin, J.Staal, etc.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Something juicy huh. Ok lets enter the twitter dimension for a few minutes.....

Dreger on TSN Radio "Leafs are absolutely without question looking for someone up front. Nothing has changed in the past 24 hours" 13h

Dreger "the message delivered to me is that the Leafs are looking to bring in the right guy not just a body" 11h

Dreger "Most likely that the Leafs will look to get something done with a team in the West. There is that relationship in Anaheim" 11h

Bob McKenzie on TSN Radio: ”I wouldn’t be surprised if the Leafs made a move. They need another body down the middle. It won’t be a panic move 1m

Last edited:

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
What about Jumbo Joe from SJ? Still has alot of life left! Bozak+Liles+1st?

who could we take from Anaheim that isn't named Getzlaf?

Mr Scarface*

Something juicy huh. Ok lets enter the twitter dimension for a few minutes.....

Dreger on TSN Radio "Leafs are absolutely without question looking for someone up front. Nothing has changed in the past 24 hours"
13h

Dreger "the message delivered to me is that the Leafs are looking to bring in the right guy not just a body" 11h

Dreger "Most likely that the Leafs will look to get something done with a team in the West. There is that relationship in Anaheim" 11h

Bob McKenzie on TSN Radio: â€I wouldn’t be surprised if the Leafs made a move. They need another body down the middle. It won’t be a panic move 1m
This was exactly the type of alarming message and talk they was chewing up on that television broadcast between these two guys who I have seen on the telly many many times before.... It was very exciting.

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
Cogliano. But I think they need him with Koivu out

Cogliano is surely not available. And he's not really played center with Ducks anyway. Holland is 6C and could be available but his value is probably not worth of a trade for Ducks and wouldnt fill your needs anyway. So nobody from Ducks imo.

Toad

May 18, 2013
What about Jumbo Joe from SJ? Still has alot of life left! Bozak+Liles+1st?

who could we take from Anaheim that isn't named Getzlaf?

Cogliano is the only one who would make any sense. Coincidentally, a Toronto native and also has never missed a game in his career (450+ consecutive GP).

I still think they should just tough it out with who they got now, but what do I know...

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Joe Thornton, to a lesser extent guys like Seguin, J.Staal, etc.

Forgot about Thorton, your right about that one. Seguin was never a centre in Boston he played RW mostly (he went back to being a C in Dallas) so can't really count him and Jordan Staal is nowhere near a 1st liner, he's a 2C at best and on a contender he's 3rd liner.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Are we going for a true #1 C here? or a stopgap? or something inbetween(a decent 2c?)

Who is available that fits that mold? especially in the west?

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Are we going for a true #1 C here? or a stopgap? or something inbetween(a decent 2c?)

Who is available that fits that mold? especially in the west?

I'd say we're going after 2 centres, most likely stop gaps at this point this isn't about landing a true 1C its about filling the gaps. Bozie on the LTIR and we all know Bolland is gone for the next few months, we need a guy who is either a #3C who can play his minutes or a #4C if Carlyle wants Mcclement in Bollands spot. The 2nd centre we need is a #2C who can play in Kadri's spot while he is up on the first line while Bozie is out, although this depends on how serious Bozie's injury is, if he's back within the next 10-15 games then there's no need to make a trade, however if he's gone longer then a month its time to bring in a replacement.

I heard Backlund in Calgary is up for grabs, heard it on here actually.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Every team in the league is always entertaining these thoughts and discussions, the smart ones usually just leave it at that. Doesn't this team have just a little bit of depth on the farm? Probably a good time to find out rather than lets say during the playoffs.

We have negative depth at Center, I know, it's shocking. We really have nothing the good ones are in Jr's

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
There's no need for a trade. Just scramble the lines around and maybe bring up a guy from the Marlies and make do.

Really? So your ok with Kadri anchoring the top line even though he's shaky, your ok with Mcclement subbing in for Bolland for likely the rest of the season and your ok with Smith anchoring the 4th line? Really that's pretty putrid down the middle, not knocking Kadri but he has yet to prove he can be a long term 1C, Mcclement is every bit as good defensively as Bolland is but he lacks the clutch offense that Bolland has brough to the table so far this season and Smith eh he's a guy that's so/so as a 4th liner, really we need to make at least one trade if not two to bring in some depth down the middle.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Why this is conversation is beyond me. Ride it out like any intelligent GM would do. Give more minutes to Kadri and McClement and bring in some Marlies. It would be a costly knee-jerk reaction to go out and overpay for a below average centreman. There's just no valuable ones out there that another team is willing to give up. It's all about timing and leverage and Leafs would pay way too much right now.

Making a panic move isn't always a good thing most teams will wait the injuries out.
Bolland is going to be out for months. Kind of hard to wait that kind of thing out. Unless you just don't want to make the playoffs then....yeah I suppose that works.

Now if it's just waiting it out for Bozak you can manage it somewhat easier. You pray that moving JVR to center works and you can manage until Bozak makes it back.

Still if it's possible to upgrade of course a smart GM is going to do that. It's not making a panic move, it's making a logical upgrade at a position you are severely lacking. Our depth is frankly at offensive dmen and wingers. The Marlies have already given all they have center wise in Trevor Smith.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
If we don't want to make a panic move by trading a good asset that's alright.

But at least I'd trade an expendable prospect and/or a mid to late pick for one or two depth centers.

I'd try to acquire two of these guys: Dustin Jeffrey, Stephane Da Costa, Cory Emmerton, Scott Gomez, Zach Hamill, Zenon Konopka, Ben Street, etc. Peter Holland or Brandon Pirri if the price is not too high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad