Center Ice Discussion.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
FYI

If you're a previous subscriber to CI and you're not interested in getting it this year, make sure you call and cancel (at least with DirceTV), because they automatically renew the service... I totally spaced on that.

SaintRon

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
Said I wouldn't once the season started. Said I couldn't, no way, not gonna do it. But I did anyway. $50 bucks on Verizon FIOS. Yup, I'm a hockey fan hypocrite. Gary and Co. got me again. Wife pays the cable bill in an automated fashion and I know she doesn't check the actual bill. Let's see if she notices.

Life has its little bonuses!

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
Said I wouldn't once the season started. Said I couldn't, no way, not gonna do it. But I did anyway. $50 bucks on Verizon FIOS. Yup, I'm a hockey fan hypocrite. Gary and Co. got me again. Wife pays the cable bill in an automated fashion and I know she doesn't check the actual bill. Let's see if she notices.

Life has its little bonuses!

You're so weak. ;) I subscribed a week ago.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Not to mention all the playoff games!

But....

http://www.thehockeynetwork.com/for...lackouts-work-how-to-get-around-blackouts.php

Read that first post about using a proxy server during sign in to trick it into thinking you're elsewhere - Firefox and stealthy.co . Not exactly legit but it works, at least it did in the past before we had game centre in this country.... Good luck. Any questions drop me a PM

You may have just saved me.

Normally, I'd take it and lump it but I don't see why we should be blacked out so if it does black us out then I'll use that.

I know you're not meant to but I have no other choice and it's not like they can find out is it?

boileroo

Mar 6, 2010
You may have just saved me.

Normally, I'd take it and lump it but I don't see why we should be blacked out so if it does black us out then I'll use that.

I know you're not meant to but I have no other choice and it's not like they can find out is it?

I know what you mean, it's ridiculous blacking out basically the best games each week then the playoffs.

The only way they'd find out I reckon is if your IP was in England one game then America the next. I plan on using the proxy to sign in everytime so the IP is always American. Make sense? Once you're signed in you can turn it off for faster streaming, at least this is how it always used to work, no promises!

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Yeah, sounds like what we'll have to do. Sent them an e-mail with my IP asking to be removed from blackouts so if that doesn't work then I'll use VPN's.

boileroo

Mar 6, 2010
Yeah, sounds like what we'll have to do. Sent them an e-mail with my IP asking to be removed from blackouts so if that doesn't work then I'll use VPN's.

Could you let me know what they say in reply please, if they reply at all! Thanks

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Not sure if this has already been said but it looks like CI is doing a free preview, at least on FIOS. I just tried bringing up one of the CI channels to see what happened and I got a schedule of games to be broadcast rather than one of those 'you do not subscribe to this service' messages. I guess they're still doing the free two week preview they usually do even though the season is abbreviated.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
Does anyone know when the PS3 App for Gamecenter is released? I just tried to get it to work today but they said the app for this season hasn't been released yet, lame.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
So now Pens/Flyers isn't on CI anymore?? i got 8 NBC channels and they all show Hawks/Kings. ****ing stupid, pissed off.

boileroo

Mar 6, 2010
Poor from them, they're clearly not fussed about the British NHL market! :sarcasm:

Th method I mentioned to you above i can confirm as working, watching as we speak

sluice

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Does anyone know when the PS3 App for Gamecenter is released? I just tried to get it to work today but they said the app for this season hasn't been released yet, lame.

From NHL Chat support they told me the 21st.

So unfortunately the only way to watch the games this week-end with gamecenter live this week-end is through the computer.

Everything works fine now! Go Pens Go! (PC)
PS3, still have to wait for new app...

Last edited:

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
From NHL Chat support they told me the 21st.

So unfortunately the only way to watch the games this week-end with gamecenter live this week-end is through the computer.

Everything works fine now! Go Pens Go! (PC)
PS3, still have to wait for new app...

Well at least I won't have to wait too long, thanks.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
bad news CV, I am officially spending more on the NHL than I did last year. Just ordered Center Ice. No Boycots for this guy

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
bad news CV, I am officially spending more on the NHL than I did last year. Just ordered Center Ice. No Boycots for this guy

Boy, I'd hate to see what happens when you try to quit drinking. :shakehead

SteelFish87*

i just bought GCL to watch tonights game but have something else to do

does anyone know if i can hook my computer up to my TV and DVR the game?

Slick Arnold

Sponsor
Oct 4, 2005
PS3 App is available for GCL.

Does anyone using Apple TV or Roku experience the issue directly after the game where you cannot begin a stream until later? With the PS3, I can't watch for the initial hour or so after the game. Was wondering if this is a system wide thing. (I realize you can watch using a computer or iPad right away)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad