Center Ice Discussion.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Because of Premier Sports, a channel which you have to subscribe to sky and then subscribe to the channel is showing 15 games a week, those games are now blacked out in the UK.

Joke.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Should I not get the game on TV, will this be available to Canadians as well??? Or would I get some "this stream is not viewable for those outside the US" crap if I was forced to watch online.

I just looked on my cable box guide and it said my regional game is going to be the Pens and Flyers. But it's the NBC Buffalo channel so I'll believe it when I see it I guess. :dunno:

I think you said you have Rogers?

We are both stuck getting the Sports Package... Which means paying 36 a month.

If you call them and ask to speak to customer loyalty, they should offer you 20% off. About the best I could do so far.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I think you said you have Rogers?

We are both stuck getting the Sports Package... Which means paying 36 a month.

If you call them and ask to speak to customer loyalty, they should offer you 20% off. About the best I could do so far.

Believe me I've been arguing with Rogers bigtime on this. :laugh:

Especially after I saw this tweet this afternoon:

https://twitter.com/rogers_chris/status/291992742299590656

I'm sorry but paying $36 a month for that Super Sports Pak especially when all I care about is Centre Ice = not cool. Especially when everyone else is getting it for $50

Plus WTF are we supposed to do in the offseason?? Or when the regular season ends??? I'm sorry but I refuse to pay $36 a month from May-October especially when I don't give a rats ass about NASCR, the NBA, the NFL, MLB, etc. I'd be paying for especially worthless channels.

**** I wish I still had my Centre Ice though Bell like how I did in Timmins. :( As far as I'm concerned...Rogers and their cluelessly braindead customer service can suck it.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Believe me I've been arguing with Rogers bigtime on this. :laugh:

Especially after I saw this tweet this afternoon:

https://twitter.com/rogers_chris/status/291992742299590656

I'm sorry but paying $36 a month for that Super Sports Pak especially when all I care about is Centre Ice = not cool. Especially when everyone else is getting it for $50

Plus WTF are we supposed to do in the offseason?? Or when the regular season ends??? I'm sorry but I refuse to pay $36 a month from May-October especially when I don't give a rats ass about NASCR, the NBA, the NFL, MLB, etc. I'd be paying for especially worthless channels.

**** I wish I still had my Centre Ice though Bell like how I did in Timmins. :( As far as I'm concerned...Rogers and their cluelessly braindead customer service can suck it.

Wait, so uh, they are offering CI for $50?

I was on the phone for like an hour yesterday and got put through to the loyalty dept. They never said a damn thing about offering it for 50.

What did they tell you?

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Wait, so uh, they are offering CI for $50?

I was on the phone for like an hour yesterday and got put through to the loyalty dept. They never said a damn thing about offering it for 50.

What did they tell you?

Basically yesterday when I called them out about that $50 tweet they said that "they hadn't heard of that $50" thing (I swear their employees are either braindead or told to lie) and the one hung up on me. I'm just gonna call them back this afternoon again...and demand to know what the hell the deal is.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Basically yesterday when I called them out about that $50 tweet they said that "they hadn't heard of that $50" thing (I swear their employees are either braindead or told to lie) and the one hung up on me. I'm just gonna call them back this afternoon again...and demand to know what the hell the deal is.

I'm 100% sure they are offering CI free until the 31st. It says it on the guide now, but when I called Wed night and talked to three reps, none of them had a damn clue. If you go to their Facebook page people are complaining left and right about their ****** customer service. We have had had so many problems with Rogers I could fill up an entire page...

You get charged monthly for the sports package, so at worst we now only need it for Feb-April. So it will be about 90 with the 20% off, which is still BS.

If you delve further into that twitter account you linked for me, you have two Rogers reps saying it is $50:

----
Chris @ Rogers
@dnlfrncs Yes, we'll be offering it for $49.99 as well, it's available to order now.

@alanhull One time charge of $49.99 for the upcoming season, you've got it

@THEKyleMoffatt $49.99

Sarah @ Rogers RogersSarahM

@joetavola We're offering a free preview for Centre Ice until Jan. 31 for all digital cable customers. You can now order it for $49.99
----

I'm going to call later today and reference these two posts and see where I get. Let me know what you find out and I'll hit you up this evening after I call (may be on with them for an hour or three, you know).

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I'm bad cause I said I was going to skip this year but won't after all, shame on me!!

Bell has it at 2 payments of 24.99$. Hard to pass that up to see my favorite team

wtbipyo

Jun 24, 2010
I'm bad cause I said I was going to skip this year but won't after all, shame on me!!

Bell has it at 2 payments of 24.99$. Hard to pass that up to see my favorite team

Yeah. Even though its $50 for basically 20 games ... it is still a deal. $2/game ... compared to AHL Live that is $5-7 a game ... is a steal. I can go to local bars and see NBCSports ... but will probably have to find streams for the NHLNetwork games. I'll be in my 3rd year with NHL Gamecenter LIVE. Love it and the DVR ability. If I show up late, then I just start it over and catch up :).

IHWR

The Chiropractor
Jul 25, 2006
Ottawa, ON
I used to pay all the money for Rogers dumb sports package but I recently cancelled my cable and became a streaming boy. I've used gamecenter live in the past (a friend's account) and it's pretty solid so I'm going with that as my main hockey watching tool this year.

I've got my DNS set up so I'm somewhere in California I think(to get America's superior netflix offerings) so I should get all the Canadian market games as well.

Rogers stinks...pull the plug if you haven't already.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Yeah. Even though its $50 for basically 20 games ... it is still a deal. $2/game ... compared to AHL Live that is $5-7 a game ... is a steal. I can go to local bars and see NBCSports ... but will probably have to find streams for the NHLNetwork games. I'll be in my 3rd year with NHL Gamecenter LIVE. Love it and the DVR ability. If I show up late, then I just start it over and catch up :).

I don't have NBC sports so besides the 3 Games against the Habs and a few others on TSN, it's pretty much 40 games for me on center ice. Don't have much of a choice if I want to watch the games

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Metal,

My wife called Rogers while I was out and they gave it to us for 50. It is in their system now supposedly.

NHLN is 2.50 a mo, so you can get that plus CI for about 60 total like we did.

My wife told me the sports package is a 4 month commitment, so this is no doubt a better deal.

I already get enough jr games and hate BB and baseball so...

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Metal,

My wife called Rogers while I was out and they gave it to us for 50. It is in their system now supposedly.

NHLN is 2.50 a mo, so you can get that plus CI for about 60 total like we did.

My wife told me the sports package is a 4 month commitment, so this is no doubt a better deal.

I already get enough jr games and hate BB and baseball so...

Alrighty.

I'll be calling in a few hours. Wish me luck.

wtbipyo

Jun 24, 2010
Xbox finally has an NHL Gamecenter App!!!

Side Note - Has anyone else been having issues with NHL Vault today?

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
CI is 50 bucks here in Western Canada on Shaw.

Pens/Flyers is showing up on CI now so i hope they show it on there cause all my NBC channels are showing Kings/Hawks.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Question (sorry if it's been covered): Living in Dallas, my gift from my local NBC affiliate is the Kings-Blackhawks game. I have center ice, not game center. Where/how to watch? Is NBC sports streaming the option? The only option?

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Question (sorry if it's been covered): Living in Dallas, my gift from my local NBC affiliate is the Kings-Blackhawks game. I have center ice, not game center. Where/how to watch? Is NBC sports streaming the option? The only option?

As far as I know, NBC stream is the only way. My cable box guide hasn't updated the Center Ice schedule yet, but I seem to remember last year's regional NBC games being blacked out on CI.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
As far as I know, NBC stream is the only way. My cable box guide hasn't updated the Center Ice schedule yet, but I seem to remember last year's regional NBC games being blacked out on CI.

I did too. I was just hoping otherwise. Thanks.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Premier Sports have no idea now if the games they show will be blacked out but they're insistent they are.

That sucks, most people probably don't even know Premier Sports exists. Sky Sports have recently started showing NBA so hopefully they'll look into picking up some NHL games next season.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That sucks, most people probably don't even know Premier Sports exists. Sky Sports have recently started showing NBA so hopefully they'll look into picking up some NHL games next season.

Question: How do you watch the games now? Online? Where/how? Gamecenter work? Something else?

boileroo

Mar 6, 2010
Because of Premier Sports, a channel which you have to subscribe to sky and then subscribe to the channel is showing 15 games a week, those games are now blacked out in the UK.

Joke.

Not to mention all the playoff games!

But....

http://www.thehockeynetwork.com/for...lackouts-work-how-to-get-around-blackouts.php

Read that first post about using a proxy server during sign in to trick it into thinking you're elsewhere - Firefox and stealthy.co . Not exactly legit but it works, at least it did in the past before we had game centre in this country.... Good luck. Any questions drop me a PM

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Question: How do you watch the games now? Online? Where/how? Gamecenter work? Something else?

I can't watch streams very regularly due to the time difference (and my internet can be temperamental leading to choppy streams) but I watch them somewhere equally illegal :laugh:.

boileroo

Mar 6, 2010

I have game centre and for the hockey season jut become pretty much nocturnal. Being a student sleeping in late is pretty much what I'd be doing anyway! Plus I work in a bar until 12pm anyway, so I then get home in time for puck drop most nights at 00:30am:handclap:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I can't watch streams very regularly due to the time difference (and my internet can be temperamental leading to choppy streams) but I watch them somewhere equally illegal :laugh:.

I really don't want to know anymore. :shakehead

I have game centre and for the hockey season jut become pretty much nocturnal. Being a student sleeping in late is pretty much what I'd be doing anyway! Plus I work in a bar until 12pm anyway, so I then get home in time for puck drop most nights at 00:30am:handclap:

Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad