Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 Regular Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Myself as well. The last few years have been real bad again. I am a playoff bandwagon fan for the Celtics and that's it.

Didn't Kyrie excitedly say he would be staying in Boston? A few months later and.... such drama. The entertainment is low to behind with.

NBA is low quality basketball anyways. Only March Madness is any fun now.

Stopped after the Celtics won their last chip. Bandwagon Celtics fans and tampering. Was getting back into it but all this soap opera drama

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Since he got here last seasons, they win the vast majority of their home games he misses, largely due to playing poor competition, but look at their road record without Kyrie (it's bad).

They've also won exactly ONE road game without him in almost a year, and that was game 3 against Philly.

Criticize his comments all you want, it's a stupid thing to say, but they aren't going to be close to winning anything with Horford/Hayward/Tatum and whatever else if he leaves. They also aren't trading for Davis without Kyrie being here. They need him for the long haul.

If Ainge truly doesn't think he's re-signing, you'll see him dealt by the 7th.

First part is true. In home games the record without Kyrie is MUCH better. Road record is the opposite. But that is not unusual for a young team.

You are right, they are bviously not winning anything with the guys you mentioned, but if Danny is really high on Tatum and Brown, he can at least set back our window. Even with AD (and Kyrie) competing with the Warriors would be tough.

And the last part: If he knew, he would trade him, but while we all appreciate Danny, he's not some kind of magician. Why would he know? All he can do is taking Kyrie by his words. But make no mistake, if he think something is up, he will not hesitate to make a bold move. But I doubt he will. He always said that players like Kyrie and Davis are the endgame. He does not like young players just for the sake of them being young. He knows that those guys are not winning you anything. If his hands are forced, however...

If Irving were to be traded, I'd either trade him to the Nets for DAR/Harris or to the Knicks for Knox and unprotected future 1st rounder(s)

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I tried to like the Celtics growing up. I remember watching a handful of games a year in the early to mid 90s. Later on, was a fan of Antoine Walker. I tried again during the ‘04 NHL lockout and went to my only two games ever.

How can anyone enjoy this league?

You have very little parity.

You have GMs who make all of the right moves to build a contending team and then one prima dona can ruin the whole thing and hold the team hostage.

It has to be the worst league.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Kyrie says put egos and personalities aside. Watching last years playoffs i didn't see any egos. Sounds like your ego is the issue

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

I find it ironic as hell that Daddy is whining about the Celtics " loyalty " right after his son shows his loyalty by demanding a trade. :shakehead

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I find it ironic as hell that Daddy is whining about the Celtics " loyalty " right after his son shows his loyalty by demanding a trade. :shakehead

Sure all true .

But at the same time Ainge has been pretty ruthless. From unloading Pierce and Garnett on the nets, to the Thomas deal. Certainly the deals have worked out for him.

But I could certainly see why an NBA player might look at Boston and think, trader Danny might be just as ruthless with them when the time comes

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
on court, 113-99 win, over the short-handed Knicks, due to the Porzingis trade, and here comes PG13/Westbrook et all, and the Thunder on ABC Sunday afternoon

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'd like to know what people think Ainge should have done with IT. He had one year left, was hurt, and they had a chance to get Kyrie Irving.

They were never, ever, ever giving him a big long term contract, so should they have kept him for one injury-shortened season and let him walk for free?

Was it ruthless to trade him when they did? Yes, obviously. But I don't really know what else the Celts were supposed to given the circumstances.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Sure all true .

But at the same time Ainge has been pretty ruthless. From unloading Pierce and Garnett on the nets, to the Thomas deal. Certainly the deals have worked out for him.

But I could certainly see why an NBA player might look at Boston and think, trader Danny might be just as ruthless with them when the time comes
Works both ways. He’s being ruthless on his team now. They’ve invested in him and are trying to build around him. Now he forcing a trade. Have a tough time watching the NBA.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
and the Oilers and Senators ownership is professional?

I dont know but I watched the game yesterday and read about his antics in the media. Talented yes but very me first. I think he bails in the offseason. its either win it all this year or deal him. From the 5th seed though hard to win 3 series on the road

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I dont know but I watched the game yesterday and read about his antics in the media. Talented yes but very me first. I think he bails in the offseason. its either win it all this year or deal him. From the 5th seed though hard to win 3 series on the road

he's not bailing, he has already stated no Cleveland and no rebuilding outpost, the only reason AD cannot come until after 7/1, is the foolishness contract Dan Gilbert signed Kyrie, too, how are the Cavaliers relevant in the NBA NOW that LeFaker has bolted them twice?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'd like to know what people think Ainge should have done with IT. He had one year left, was hurt, and they had a chance to get Kyrie Irving.

They were never, ever, ever giving him a big long term contract, so should they have kept him for one injury-shortened season and let him walk for free?

Was it ruthless to trade him when they did? Yes, obviously. But I don't really know what else the Celts were supposed to given the circumstances.
Seriously.

Any GM in the position Ainge was in would've made the same move.

Complaining about loyalty in sports, from either side, is ironic. Players will leave the second they get a better offer as a UFA, as is their right. GM's will move on from a guy to improve their team as well. There is zero loyalty in sports for the most part. If a player, or a players relative cannot see or understand that, they are dumb.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Seriously.

Complaining about loyalty in sports, from either side, is ironic. Players will leave the second they get a better offer as a UFA, as is their right. GM's will move on from a guy to improve their team as well. There is zero loyalty in sports for the most part. If a player, or a players relative cannot see or understand that, they are dumb.

totally agree, and if you want to go further back, how loyal was Danny to the Blue Jays who drafted him but instead who convinced him to land in Boston, THAT'S WHY Ainge went to Sacramento and Phoenix later in his playing career

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Seriously.

I agree with this in the Irving trade.

Honestly the Loyalty case that could be held against Danny is the Pierce (and to a lesser degree Garnett) deal. Trading a HOF , number retired face of the franchise world champion nearing the end of his career away to a complete dumpster fire franchise, is not a move every GM would do. Especially when the C's were still a legit playoff team before the deal.

Some of course would argue it was the right thing to do, and no doubt some on this board would deal Chara for a #1 tomorrow, or would have gladly dealt him for a big package at the draft in 2015 to Chia's Dumpster fire in Edmonton if they could have gotten a piece in return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad