Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 Regular Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I don’t really know what the deal with the rotations are honestly.

I really think coaching a team of role players is easier than coaching a team with a few “stars” and a few more looking to become stars. Last year Brad was on point putting guys in the positions where they could succeed. This year it’s like hes doing the opposite. Whether it be to teach the guys to be able to play in all situations or what, I have no idea. Hopefully there’s some genius in him that is prepping these guys for a run.

I won’t bash him until the seasons over. If this team loses is round 1, or even round 2 depending on the matchup, this season was a bust. Way too much talent on the roster

I think Celtics need a big skilled guy in the middle bad.Years ago it was Bill Russell ,Robert Parrish ,Kevin Garnett even led them to a title.This team is lacking that in my opinion.But Stevens still needs to smarten up.He has been meh so far this year .He gets tons of credit when things are good but goes under the radar when things are bad.Hopefully the worm turns soon.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
wont happen but LOL

Well that sure was a waste of 7 minutes. :thumbd: Obviously that video was made before this season even started as both Sacramento and Memphis ( and the fact that Boston has their 2019 1st round pick was never mentioned ) are doing a lot better than most thought they would. Right now the Celtics 2019 1st round picks look like this:

Sacramento ( top 1 protected ) currently the pick would be either # 17 or # 18
Memphis ( top 8 protected in 2019, top 6 protected in 2020 and unprotected in 2021 ) currently the pick would be # 16
LA Clippers ( top 14 protected in 2019 and 2020 then becomes a 2022 2nd round pick ) currently the pick would be # 22 or # 23
Boston - currently the pick would be # 22 or # 23

It goes without saying that we need Sacramento, Memphis and the Clippers to really stink it up the rest of this season if we have any hope of grabbing at least one good pick in the 2019 draft or to help make a trade for Anthony Davis look more appealing to New Orleans.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Well that sure was a waste of 7 minutes. :thumbd: Obviously that video was made before this season even started as both Sacramento and Memphis ( and the fact that Boston has their 2019 1st round pick was never mentioned ) are doing a lot better than most thought they would. Right now the Celtics 2019 1st round picks look like this:

Sacramento ( top 1 protected ) currently the pick would be either # 17 or # 18
Memphis ( top 8 protected in 2019, top 6 protected in 2020 and unprotected in 2021 ) currently the pick would be # 16
LA Clippers ( top 14 protected in 2019 and 2020 then becomes a 2022 2nd round pick ) currently the pick would be # 22 or # 23
Boston - currently the pick would be # 22 or # 23

It goes without saying that we need Sacramento, Memphis and the Clippers to really stink it up the rest of this season if we have any hope of grabbing at least one good pick in the 2019 draft or to help make a trade for Anthony Davis look more appealing to New Orleans.

I was kidding. I know the team wont. Team also cant trade for AD until the offseason.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I was kidding. I know the team wont. Team also cant trade for AD until the offseason.

Yeah I know - I posted about it over in the Basketball section.

I could see Boston offering some combination of Brown, Rozier and maybe all of 4 of their 2019 picks to New Orleans for AD. But a few things to clear up on those picks:

- the Sacramento 2019 pick is only #1 protected
- the Memphis 2019 pick is top 8 protected then becomes top 6 protected in 2020 and then is totally unprotected in 2021
- the Clippers pick is top 14 protected in 2019 and 2020 and then becomes a 2022 2nd round pick

The Celtics can trade for AD but not until July 1st. This is because of the complicated " Derrick Rose Rule " I'll let the experts over at CBS Sports explain it better:

The CBA prevents a team from having two players on the same roster that were acquired via trade that had previously signed a contract extension under what is called the 5th Year 30% Max criteria. This criteria is commonly referred to as the “Rose Rule”, as Derrick Rose was the first place to make use of it.

How does this impact the Celtics? Boston acquired Kyrie Irving via trade last summer (if you don’t know that, you have a lot of reading and catching up to do!) and he had previously signed that contract as an extension with the Cleveland Cavaliers using the Rose Rule (I’m using Rose Rule because it’s shorter to type!). Anthony Davis also used the Rose Rule to sign his contract extension with the New Orleans Pelicans. As the Celtics would need to acquire Davis via trade, they are not allowed to do because both he and Irving signed using the Rose Rule and both would have been acquired via trade.

As soon as Kyrie Irving is no longer under his current contract. That means next summer, 2019, the restriction is removed. This is provided Kyrie Irving opts out of his current deal as expected. Boston could also trade for Anthony Davis right now, provided Irving was shipped out in that deal, or in another deal before the Celtics acquired Davis.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Easily Hayward's best game in a Celtics uniform. Aggressive, attacking basket, not passing up open shots.

He'll get there, this was a positive step forward.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'm so glad Trader Danny didn't trade away any of our your stars for this headcase. :nod:

Filed under "least shocking news ever".

Guy is a total clown, and frankly not a player that puts a team over the top. On his 3rd team in a year and a half, and has been a pain in the ass on all three.

Reactions: Alicat

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Butler was never the missing piece for anyone, that's why Danny refused to trade for him twice thankfully. The Sixers will realize that if they haven't already. The only players worth going all out for are Davis (trade) or Durant (S&T), maybe KAT.

Well, I am not sad for Philly. Boy have they botched that rebuilt. Simmons and Embiid fell into their laps. Any other draft pick except Saric has been bad. Okafor, Noel and Fultz. They could have been the cream of the crop had they taken Porzingis or Tatum/Fox. They are lucky that SAC decided to not be brutal this year.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Oh there is still plenty of time for the Kings to implode, especially with that front office/coaching dynamic going on

Hayward with another good game out there. I expect the inconsistency so it’s nice to see him string 2 together. He was the exact player I envisioned us getting tonight. I think 15/6/6 with more efficient shooting is what we’ll get from him when he’s fully back.

The Hospital Celtics can ball

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Wolves end the Tom Thibodeau experiment; Ryan Saunders now interim; Wolves considering either Monty Williams (former Pelicans coach or Fred Hoiberg, WHO was booted by the Bulls earlier this year

Last edited:
Reactions: McGarnagle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad