Post-Game Talk: Celebration Rock: Canucks 7, Predators 4 - Hail King Ebbetterle

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Luongo played better than the score suggested imo, but not near as well as the Columbus game. Will be interesting to see who they turn to for next game.

I agree. I probably wouldn't change anything though as we are winning. The offense tonight exploded too so let's keep everything the same and hope we can come up with a better effort against Detroit (yes, a better effort because despite the score, only having 6 shots on goal through the middle 30 minutes isn't going to be enough to beat the Wings).

Hal 9000*

Luongo just always looks shakey late in games where the result is in doubt.

Like the save he made on weber? Look, when you try protecting a lead for 20 minutes, this stuff will happen. Luongo was under siege for much of the third.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I agree. I probably wouldn't change anything though as we are winning. The offense tonight exploded too so let's keep everything the same and hope we can come up with a better effort against Detroit (yes, a better effort because despite the score, only having 6 shots on goal through the middle 30 minutes isn't going to be enough to beat the Wings).

I definitely think we should play roberto against detroit, detroit struggles on the road and I think roberto is going to want that game more.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
He was giving Edler an outlet pass. Edler was soft on the pass and it was picked off by the Pred player who put it out front to Bourque.

It was a soft pass to Edler who was knocked of stride close to the boards. Bieksa then drifted off behind the net hoping for some miracle to happen so Edler would magically get the puck and pass it to him... you know, instead of playing defense and covering the front of the net.

Bieksa had ample time to go there, but clearly he just couldn't think it through. Luongo also didn't play it well and flopped down, well, just because?

Not crapping on Luongo here, as most of his game was decent. Really saved his own bacon with the stick save on Weber. Luongo plays so much better when he doesn't go down on his belly so quickly.

John Bender*

The Canucks were horrible in stretches tonight, especially in the third when they needed to lock it down. Luongo was mediocre at best and was lit up last time Detroit played Vancouver. Schneider has not had a start in a while - he will get the start (in my opinion).

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Agreed, if Rinne hadn't imploded this game would of been way different. Anyways I wouldn't change anything, except that I would like us to play a full 60 minutes, we won with only playing 40 tonight

John Bender*

Agreed, if Rinne hadn't imploded this game would of been way different. Anyways I wouldn't change anything, except that I would like us to play a full 60 minutes, we won with only playing 40 tonight

They almost blew a 5-2 lead. The previous game they did not play well. The last thing they should do is simply keep everything the same and hope for the best against a team that absolutely destroyed them the last time they matched up.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I guess not a Luongo fan? perfect scapgoat :shakehead

Lets not kid ourselves if it was schneider in net giving up 4 even in a win, hammer, theripper, hal9000, and tirannis, yourself, y2k ect...would be pointing out each save schneider should have had during the game.

Both goalies are scapegoat in this fanbase. And i would play lou saturday as well.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
Remind me never to block a Weber shot.

x2_111ca9ad

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
They almost blew a 5-2 lead. The previous game they did not play well. The last thing they should do is simply keep everything the same and hope for the best against a team that absolutely destroyed them the last time they matched up.

if you haven't noticed, we don't have any better alternatives, we gotta roll with what we have. Hopefully we replace Alberts for Ballard, but past hat we have to trust in what we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad