Celebrating after a Goal

redbranch

Sep 24, 2007
bridgewater,nj
Yesterday i pounced on a loose puck on the top of the crease and backhanded it in top corner. I did a complete victory lap. Everybody laughed, because normally my backhand is normally an utter joke and they all know it. Normally its just a fist bump for the guy who made the play to make it happen

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
LOL I think it was the first time I ever scored in the men's league here that held my stick like it was a guitar and started strumming the air haha. I'm a guitar player and I remember getting a few chuckles out of it.

SCBruCrew4

Dec 5, 2011
Boston, Ma
Yesterday i pounced on a loose puck on the top of the crease and backhanded it in top corner. I did a complete victory lap. Everybody laughed, because normally my backhand is normally an utter joke and they all know it. Normally its just a fist bump for the guy who made the play to make it happen

Normally I don't get to aggrivated by someone's online grammar...but ouch haha.

Just playing buddy. I do understand on the backhand, mine just doesn't get any lift.

redbranch

Sep 24, 2007
bridgewater,nj
I noticed I did that after I posted from my phone. It's worthy of a bit of flaming, I earned it :)
My mother was an english teacher, she'd shoot me if she saw that post.

CoopALoop

Apr 19, 2012
Van, Bandwagoner

I hope this was in a pick up game and not a league game...

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
LOL I think it was the first time I ever scored in the men's league here that held my stick like it was a guitar and started strumming the air haha. I'm a guitar player and I remember getting a few chuckles out of it.

Too bad you weren't a drummer :D

CoopALoop

Apr 19, 2012
Van, Bandwagoner
it was in play at the end of an an instructional clinic. If it was league play I would have pretended like I had done it before and it was no big deal

I figured. I just wanted to make sure, because if it was a league game, I'd like to know how the other team managed to have the patience of a saint. :laugh:

redbranch

Sep 24, 2007
bridgewater,nj
The few times I've actually played, I kept my stick on the ice, my mouth shut, and my shifts short. I'm not good enough to act up :)

Instructional clinics I'm not above clowning around at.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
I only celebrate OT goals. It's usually tucking my stick under my arm like a British hunting rifle, take my left glove off, and hand shake my Defense partner.

Morlesio14*

In 18 or so games I got
1 goal and 21 assists.

I don't score much. But my celebration usually is go to my line mates and celebrate or the guy that set me up.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Scored my first goal last night, halfway through the season, ending the drought.

Literally thought of this thread right away :laugh:

I yelled my usual "woo", then did a fist pump, then yelled out "f***in FINALLY", then did the fist bump with the teammates.

Of course this was a tying goal later in the game so wasn't so bad.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Last night's goals:

Stole the puck off a defenseman's pass at our blue line, raced up for a breakaway goal. I think I gave a slight head nod in celebration. Later ripped a cross-ice one-timer past the sprawling goalie and dinked it off the rear post/pad and it flew out. That one came off a great pass through major traffic so I did the ol' point n' bump w/the feeder.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Scored my first goal last night, halfway through the season, ending the drought.

Literally thought of this thread right away :laugh:

I yelled my usual "woo", then did a fist pump, then yelled out "f***in FINALLY", then did the fist bump with the teammates.

Of course this was a tying goal later in the game so wasn't so bad.

:laugh: that's funny.

I didn't score last night, was back on defense. But last week I had one of the nastiest goals of my hockey "career." My winger passed me the puck but it was a bit behind me. So all in one motion, I received the pass and then put the puck between my legs to get it on my backhand. Then protected the puck on my backhand from the defender and backhanded it five-hole. Needless to say I was extremely pumped. Didn't celebrate excessively but I definitely threw my hands up in the air, did a fist pump and celly'd with my team. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad